Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-13-2010, 02:50 PM
Sarnak

Allow FFA only fair solution. Train other guilds. Try to OUT-DPS them. Pull before them. Might be a shit show but will get rid of this carebear "i'm going to camp here for hours because I'm guaranteed to get phat lewt this way"
Old 06-13-2010, 03:10 PM
Orc

I do not believe that we will ever see a fix to this problem. We have to remember that when we all played EverQuest so many years ago, everything was new and most people did not know what armor came from where. Because of the knowledge of items and spawn times of EVERTHING in the game, this causes a problem that leads to all "Uber" loot being camped. The only time that guilds will stop camping a raid mob is when a new expansion comes out with items that will take the place of the items that they have been getting from the first raid mob.

If there is any type of rotation put in place by server guides or devs, the population will have a problem with it. The problem is simply from greed. EVERYPERSON that plays wants to get the best items in the game. Greed feeds this fire, and WE are all greedy.

A Rotation or a raid list put in place by all guilds on the server would be the only way possible to be civil about this. Problems with that Is that every raiding guild wants the raid bosses. Most guilds would rather sit and camp the mobs simply for the fact that they know because they have high numbers of people and they have time that they can spend. This gives them an advantage. Why would these guilds want to join a rotation/list to kill a mob when they can keep people on all the time just so they can take the mob everytime it spawns? What sounds best to you? Wait weeks on a list for your turn to kill? or just have your guild wait at the spawn point and kill the mob when it spawn next?

I will leave this at this point for now. Im not trying to be the nay sayer or put anybody down. I just look at this from a point of view that few may see.

Lanys T`Vyl
Old 06-13-2010, 03:17 PM
Sarnak

Exactly Imsetta. The current rules reward people for sitting for hours. If you remove the rules then guilds could compete through indirect pvp ie training/causing havoc/trying to outdps. I don't see the logic behind reward people for being online 24/7 and being on "raid-call".
Old 06-13-2010, 03:20 PM
Orc

This server is not a pvp server. We would like to see everyone be noble and do the right thing.

Im sorry but I would hate to see a server where people will train others to get what they want. That would make Chaos and most of the server population would be destroyed. Leaving us with people that have no real morals. (sorry if I offend anyone, but I hate to see people train other people just so they can get something)

Lanys T`Vyl
Old 06-13-2010, 03:26 PM
Sarnak

The problem with the noble and right thing is that it tends to reward those who play 24 hours a day and have no job.
Old 06-13-2010, 03:30 PM
Sarnak

You also assume that in the absence of rules then people will be overly greed and ALWAYS train/cause problems for other guilds. However, I think in the short run this problem will exist but in the long run guilds will collude to insure their own best interests. It's a Nash Equilibrium.
Old 06-13-2010, 03:38 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rioisk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The problem with the noble and right thing is that it tends to reward those who play 24 hours a day and have no job.
I think the point the OP was making is that the system right now is doing exactly that. Which is quite fine, people that put in the most amount of time should be rewarded with the most loot, but it's also burdensome on the server population and their own guildies as well. I'm slowly watching my friends' list getting shorter and shorter as people are getting burned out.
Old 06-13-2010, 03:45 PM
Fire Giant

Default ..

Quote:
If there is any type of rotation put in place by server guides or devs, the population will have a problem with it. The problem is simply from greed. EVERYPERSON that plays wants to get the best items in the game. Greed feeds this fire, and WE are all greedy.
I would use the word competition instead of greed I think, I want every raid mob every week because I like to compete, not because I am out for all the loots.

While I am all for FFA, the truth is it wont change much, people are still going to complain when IB continues to get 80+% of the raid bosses every week.

This isnt a raiding game right now, if you're fortunate enough to be in a raiding guild and have access to a raid mob here and there good for you, but this game was never about raiding until Velious came out really.

There are 6 mobs worthy of raiding, 7 if you count phinny. That is not alot of cheese to go around.
Old 06-13-2010, 03:47 PM
Banned

Those who are the best want to be rewarded for being the best. Many people will argue what makes them the "best" but when it comes to raiding guilds it mostly revolves around how quickly you can detect that something worth killing has spawned and how quickly you can get enough of your guys there to kill it before competition does. Other things are involved such as how better your gear is, how much "skill" you have at the game, etc.

Those are not the best want everyone to be rewarded equally.

These two philosophies can never live in harmony which means no one will ever be happy. It can only revolve between group A being happy for some amount of time or group B being happy the other. The less rules that are in place, the better off group A is. More rules (rotation, enforced PnP etc) favor group B.

TLDR: Can't please everyone, so might as well not waste your (the GM's) time enforcing anything.
Old 06-13-2010, 03:48 PM
Sarnak

Im no raiding player but I cant see how peopel think it can be good for the same peopel to get better and better because they have the ability to monopolize the game. And trust me, just because they have the loot doesnt mean they wont go out of their way to make sure YOU dont get the loot.
anyway, point being I of dont think its good for one group of people to get everything because they have 24/7 to play.

Me on the other hand, Im fine with working my way up slowly to get the best "non raid" obtainable gear.
Closed Thread