Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-13-2010, 03:51 PM
Banned

Everyone's always gonna be biased (not just EQ but everything outside of it). If you were on a team of the world's greatest olympic weightlifters, and you could totally get away with blowing up your rising competition's gym, you would.
Old 06-13-2010, 03:53 PM
Orc

People that are getting burnt out because they play 24-7 to get raid bosses probably should take a break.

Everyone needs to remember that we make up our own mind. If you want to join a guild and play 24-7 to get boss mobs, then by all means do what you want. Yes I see the side that some people want to be casual players and get the chance to raid also, and I would encourage bigger guild to invite the casual player and let them join them on raids. The biggest problem with guilds that have casual players is that you (as a casual player) will most likely not be able to have a chance to get the loot from boss mobs tell the time that all others of your class that are none casual have received the items. Seems unfair, but looking at the idea that people that play the most are the best equipped players makes sense. If you are casual you need to see that the fun is the kill and not the loot. For the non casual player the trill is in the loot.

I'm I getting off subject yet =P, just trying to be more social.

Lanys T`Vyl
Old 06-13-2010, 03:59 PM
Sarnak

Telling casual players to fidn fun in the kill is silly.

I know being a casual player is looked down upon in EQ-world, but not all of us can say "ok you know what? Im going to play hardcore now, screw this casual crap, I need loot!"..
Most of us who are casual -have- to play casual.

I understand that most people who play 24/7 feel the entitlement to get all the loot, and as long as the rules say they can use their time as an advantage over the rest of us, they will. And they will rub it in our faces all day long.

I believe, sure, they should get the loot, they spend the time to , so they deserve it.. BUT, I think its REALLY unfair that they use their time to keep the rest of us down. I don't think it's fair that they camp raid mobs just so we cant.
Old 06-13-2010, 04:12 PM
Orc

Im not fighting what your saying cribanox, I have been a casual player on every MMORPG I have played and I have always thought that if I help kill a mob I should be in on the loot.

But back on the rotation and stuff. I still think best bet is to have guilds talk to each other. Yes I think it would be respectable that if your guild kills a raid mob once you will pull off that mob and let some other guild get the next spawn. After that its fair game for the first guild again. Still would have competition between guilds, but there would always be a chance.

Example:
Guild 1, 2, 3 and 4 have been after said raid mob.

Guild one camped it and got the first kill. Now guild 1 would pull away from the mob leaving the next spawn for guild 2, 3, or 4. after next kill they could come back. Yes this could create a 2 guild rule over the mob. But its still better then 4 guilds fighting over one mob it turns it down to 3 guilds fighting =P

Lanys T`Vyl
Old 06-13-2010, 04:14 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cribanox [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't think it's fair that they camp raid mobs just so we cant.
This is NOT the reasoning behind camping mobs. There is no intention on killing mobs just so you can't. Every guild/group on this server has the same chance as any other upon killing a named spawn. There is just people who pursue this chance and get 15 people to camp a mob before someone else. You and anyone else can do the same. It is not like everyone lives at their computer and are present 24/7, but having enough to pass a roll call when something spawns is what you need.
Old 06-13-2010, 04:28 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imsetta [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I do not believe that we will ever see a fix to this problem. We have to remember that when we all played EverQuest so many years ago, everything was new and most people did not know what armor came from where. Because of the knowledge of items and spawn times of EVERTHING in the game, this causes a problem that leads to all "Uber" loot being camped. The only time that guilds will stop camping a raid mob is when a new expansion comes out with items that will take the place of the items that they have been getting from the first raid mob.

If there is any type of rotation put in place by server guides or devs, the population will have a problem with it. The problem is simply from greed. EVERYPERSON that plays wants to get the best items in the game. Greed feeds this fire, and WE are all greedy.

A Rotation or a raid list put in place by all guilds on the server would be the only way possible to be civil about this. Problems with that Is that every raiding guild wants the raid bosses. Most guilds would rather sit and camp the mobs simply for the fact that they know because they have high numbers of people and they have time that they can spend. This gives them an advantage. Why would these guilds want to join a rotation/list to kill a mob when they can keep people on all the time just so they can take the mob everytime it spawns? What sounds best to you? Wait weeks on a list for your turn to kill? or just have your guild wait at the spawn point and kill the mob when it spawn next?

I will leave this at this point for now. Im not trying to be the nay sayer or put anybody down. I just look at this from a point of view that few may see.

Lanys T`Vyl
Don't be civil about it, if you want to get kills, get organized, be better than the other guild. Out organize them, out play them. This is a prime example in this thread in my opinion is why new MMO's have issues. EVERYONE WANTS IT HANDED TO THEM. Why don't you guys form a massive merger of people who want to get kills, and get it done? IB and Dark As arent the only two guilds capable of doing this. If they put in the time camping it, they deserve it in my opinion, if you don't like it, camp it yourself?

Its just like in real life, when you want something, you don't go up to a millionaire and say "its not fair, you got more than I do" then go whine to the government aka server admins "hey they got more than we do, take some from them and give it to me".

May not be the popular way to look at it, as I'm not raiding yet, but I welcome the challenge to be in a guild that can take spawns away from bigger guilds.
Old 06-13-2010, 05:02 PM
Sarnak

ts just like in real life, when you want something, you don't go up to a millionaire and say "its not fair, you got more than I do" then go whine to the government aka server admins "hey they got more than we do, take some from them and give it to me".

Millionaires didn't become millionaires by sitting around waiting for spawns in a free mmorpg. That's not skill. That doesn't show you are the best. It doesn't show anything except you play 24/7. We need to move away from this idea that the "best" equates to getting the most raid mobs. That only shows you have the time to play.

That being said, the current rules REWARD TIME. I think this is a sad, one dimensional way to look at raiding especially in a non-instanced game. What is the point in having a non-instanced environment if in all reality people are just WAITING for a spawn to be rewarded with gear. Considering the raid encounters now are basically no-fail if you have enough people/proper classes then the game is basically a food stamp line where those who wait in line the longest get the most stamps. I wouldn't call those people the best, just playing by the "rules" by dedicating a huge chunk of their time to the game.

I think this is what needs to change.
Old 06-13-2010, 05:07 PM
Aviak

Most millionaires become millionaires from accident of birth.
Old 06-13-2010, 05:11 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by rioisk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Millionaires didn't become millionaires by sitting around waiting for spawns in a free mmorpg.
Im pretty sure thats exactly what happens when you wait for someone to die so you can inherit their stuff.[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-13-2010, 05:31 PM
Sarnak

sounds noble
Closed Thread