Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-14-2010, 07:04 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shurid [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A Quick solution would be making raid loot drop randomly off all lvl 40+ enemies at a rare drop rate.

Then all the guilds can continue putting in 100's of hours waiting on 1 dragon to spawn while all the people who are here to have fun can pick up tons of phat lewtz.

Case closed.
the best solution would be instances - but just like all the good solutions, that would not be classic at all which is the main problem on fixing dis here! and we play p99 cause we want classic.. nothing to add..

[50 Warrior] Rumzuck Umbatsch (Ogre) <Remedy>
[34 Druid] Vito Corleone (Wood Elf) <Europa>
[35 Necromancer] Torak (Dark Elf) <Europa>
[13 Shadow Knight] Rumzerg (Dark Elf) <Europa>

EQEmuLauncher
Have your files up to date, switch between servers nice and easy, and more!
http://moestaverne.com/

Last edited by Zordana; 06-14-2010 at 09:17 AM..
Old 06-14-2010, 07:24 AM
Planar Protector

all this QQ-posts about boss mobs here where the reason why soe started to dumb down the game with instanced content

so everyone bitching about camped boss mobs should ask themselves WHY they are playing on P99.

just think about this for a moment, it wasnt soes fault, it was the playerbase and we are starting to demand something (i.e.: instanced zones) that we didnt want in the first place.
Old 06-14-2010, 07:55 AM
Banned

The problem becomes more apparent if you add regular boss mobs to the mix. The fact is that you can perma-lock a mob if you got the numbers to do so. That shouldnt be. If you carry the camp rules to its logical conclusion, then one huge zerg guild can keep every good boss mob in Kunark on permanent lockdown, just passing the torch to the next guildy thats online. One huge zerg guild can perma-lock the best mobs with this simili-instanced camping rules, but i bet they cant KS every boss mob the same way, because they wouldnt know where the other guilds would put their numbers.

If the camping rules are to make sense, and designed to let everyone get a shot at a mob, then make it that when someone from a guild kills a boss mob, if theres a person in-line for it from another guild/guildless, then the mob cannot be passed to a guildy after its killed. Although this system feels so artificial, its better than what we have right now.
Last edited by Taxi; 06-14-2010 at 08:16 AM..
Old 06-14-2010, 08:09 AM
Sarnak

Screw that, instances killed the community and turned EQ into an MORPG instead of an MMORPG.

First in force/First to engage should be the rule, plain and simple.

First in force: If the target is up, the first raid force to arrive in zone and be actively working towards the target gets it.

First to engage: If the target isn't up and multiple raids are sitting around camping the spawn, when the target spawns, the first force to engage the target gets it.

Pretty simple and relatively fair to all involved. Sure, there will be some bickering over what constitutes a 'raid force' but frankly if you have sufficient force you'll be clearing your way in and engaging the boss, which makes it pretty clear who was first in force.

Don't know the history of this server well enough to know what this isn't the rule here, but it worked out pretty well on Live till instancing ruined the game [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Oh, and yes, some guilds on live chose to ignore first in force and tried to steamroll/leapfrog etc, but usually that didn't go so well for them, because the guild that was there in force usually had no problem engaging the target anyway, or in the case of a leapfrog (ie: running past a guild fighting Aary to attempt to take NToV) it was pretty simple for the GMs to determine what was going on and banish the offending guild from the zone. Sure, GMs didn't always show up in time to deal with it, but the fact that they did sometimes enforce a no-leapfrogging policy was enough to deter it most of the time.
Old 06-14-2010, 08:57 AM
Skeleton

The real problem here has been the gms are too nice, they have been trying to placate 100 grown babies instead of handing out bans and deleting guilds for the intolerable level of bullshit they have been creating for the staff.
Old 06-14-2010, 08:59 AM
Kobold

I think the problem will fix itself with the release of kunark and velious.

Right now there is nothing to do when you reach 50, so guilds just can just sit around and wait for the boss mobs to spawn. Once Kunark comes out there is VP key camping, epics, WAY more mobs that drop stuff you want to farm. Right now there is nothing for the "end gamers" to do but sit around and wait for boss mobs.
Old 06-14-2010, 09:10 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirell [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think the problem will fix itself with the release of kunark and velious.

Right now there is nothing to do when you reach 50, so guilds just can just sit around and wait for the boss mobs to spawn. Once Kunark comes out there is VP key camping, epics, WAY more mobs that drop stuff you want to farm. Right now there is nothing for the "end gamers" to do but sit around and wait for boss mobs.
^^^^^^^^
Old 06-14-2010, 09:26 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
there is a (very) easy solution for the planes:

fill those save spots with roaming mobs! (port in in hate or north wall in fear comes to mind)

so if you want to camp/scout the planes, youll need a small force to hold your camp up there
I think this is the best solution I think I've seen yet. Though it inherently has issues as well, such as that 8 hour spawn timer that would allow you to go afk pretty much 8 hours at a time =P I'd suggest having something like scarelings or toads in fear or ghouls in hate that would roam on much shorter timers, say 15 or 20 minutes, that don't have class/gear specific loot tables (whatever, nobody cares about eyerazzia's anymore, those things rot all the time), that would prevent this sort of mass long-term afking we're seeing now. It will actually require guilds to be "active." Crazy right? Not quite sure how that would work on naggy/vox or if it would be capable at all. But I'd love to hear some GM feedback on this issue. This way the most active guilds will still have a great shot at loot instead of those that are attempting to stretch the rules in their favor.

Just as a side note, I don't think anybody WANTS to leave their PCs on for 3-4 days and not play EQ because they want a shot at loot, I think there's probably a better way to sort all of this out. I have, or had, friends in both guilds that were quite active but were simply burned out or turned away because of the current raiding situation. They've simply been replaced. It seems as if the guilds now have to filter out the inactives and have a steady supply of incoming 50s (or 40s) to replace them to keep this trend going. It's become somewhat of a raiding assembly line, where players are tagged and thrown into perma/solb or hate/fear to sit and camp there. As soon as they've had enough they quit and are replaced by the one behind them.

Kunark will also smooth these things out. Players won't want to be part of 60 man raids because they'll never-ever see their epics. Furthermore, kunark involved a bit more organization that is very hard to maintain with that many people. You needed keys, resist gear (resist now is somewhat of a joke even being broken, let's be honest), etc. Trying to key 200 people so you can have a shot at a mob will be living hell, whereas doing it for an active and dedicated 50 is far easier.
Old 06-14-2010, 09:35 AM
Orc

Here is the question I would like answered. I believe that guilds are camping the end game raid mobs for the items they drop. Is this the case? Or is it for the trill of the kill. Some have said people are just killing them to keep others from killing them.

If the fact is that people just want to have a chance to kill the end game content, I would ask the devs/guides if they could create an event that these end game mobs would spawn so pick up raids could take the chance at killing them. Of course there could be no loot on these kills because it could upset any balance there is in the game now, if there really is any. This could at least give people the thrill of killing the mobs.

I my self find Everquest more fun to work with the community to accomplish a goal and I really get nothing from it but the experience of being there.

Lanys T`Vyl
Old 06-14-2010, 09:44 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imsetta [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Here is the question I would like answered. I believe that guilds are camping the end game raid mobs for the items they drop. Is this the case? Or is it for the trill of the kill. Some have said people are just killing them to keep others from killing them.

If the fact is that people just want to have a chance to kill the end game content, I would ask the devs/guides if they could create an event that these end game mobs would spawn so pick up raids could take the chance at killing them. Of course there could be no loot on these kills because it could upset any balance there is in the game now, if there really is any. This could at least give people the thrill of killing the mobs.

I my self find Everquest more fun to work with the community to accomplish a goal and I really get nothing from it but the experience of being there.

Lanys T`Vyl
Somehow I don't think the people sitting AFK for 4 days waiting for a spawn are doing it for "the thrill of the kill" heh
Closed Thread