Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-10-2013, 06:50 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavydrop [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
In my experience its the player not the class that makes things work or not

Everquest Mysteries http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=231587
Old 01-10-2013, 07:06 AM
Kobold

I also like how the question "are rangers fun to play" is completely ignored here. I played a ranger as an alt on live and it was the most fun toon I have ever played. Granted that was post PoP and I had AAs and gear that made a ranger much more formidable, but I believe there is still some truth in it. I thoroughly enjoy playing a ranger as an alt, even here on P99. They are fun to gear since they can wear such a wide range of gear. They are expensive to twink; I would definitely not create one as a main.

Who cares if they are the worst character in the game? If you have fun playing one, then play one.

If you manage to get one up to 60, then you are set. The odds of their being 2 rangers in a single raid aren't too good usually!

Just one guys $.02

Chris
Old 01-10-2013, 08:11 AM
Planar Protector

EQ would not be eq without rangers. Especially in the context of this server, with people who know and love this game, anyone who doesn't respect someone who plays a ranger obviously does not know the history of this gameworld.

If only there could be such a thing as a gnome ranger, then it would be perfect. Because you could /punt the ranger to take the death touch.
Old 01-10-2013, 08:38 AM
Planar Protector

From a Healers viewpoint Rangers SUCK without a Fungi as a tank. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] But if they have good haste and a fungi they are pretty damn good. They have a LOT of good spells they can use.
Old 01-10-2013, 09:01 AM
Banned

I recently leveled a ranger and let me say first they are a BLAST to play! I fell in love really quick and I was quite surprised by that.

BUT I did encounter alot of resistance to grping. No one seems to want to xp with a Hybrid and if there is already one in the grp, forget about it. People seem VERY concerned with XP per person per kill. (and we all know why) But I found it very hard to find grps at the 20-50 ranger. Luckily I had the means to twink myself pretty nicely and alot of nice friend to help me with quest gear (Sky-Epics) so I made an easy go of soloing.

But if you are will to be poked fun at, not allowed in grps and then eventually Death Touched!! Then I think you can find rangers very personally rewarding. And with such few numbers of rangers loot isnt to hard to track down. So, Worthless, to SOME grp yes. But overall they are most underrated class in the game imo.
Old 01-10-2013, 09:02 AM
Planar Protector

Fuck you all. Rangers tank fine in xp groups - zero problems even without a cleric healing. With clarity they can throw fast cast nukes between swings to bring dps up above a war/close to a monk.

Now of course if you're grouped with a shitty ranger who sacrificed hp/ac gear for a couple extra str, then yeah, they're gonna suck.

Worst? Definitely not.
Old 01-10-2013, 09:52 AM
Planar Protector

Rangers are what that person makes of it. Will you be tanking raid targets? No. And you should have known that when you rolled your character.

Can you be a decent tank/CC/utility in exp groups? Absolutely.
Old 01-10-2013, 09:56 AM
Planar Protector

Rangers are fine, this isn't world of warcraft where you need to min/max anything its classic EQ where raid targets get zerged by 100 people sitting on a trak spawn. It's not that hard.
Old 01-10-2013, 10:01 AM
Aviak

Send your snaring rangers to me. Fearful times will be had by all!

- Vellatri, Knight of the Temple of the Dead
Old 01-10-2013, 10:03 AM
Planar Protector

why is nobody talking about the ridiculously large track distance of rangers?