Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 06-18-2010, 05:24 AM
Kobold

Im not sure what you want storage space for. You usually run console games from discs and put savegames and such data on the console itself. The real limitation is probably that the consolemakers want to sell consoles thus don't want the games to be playable over multiple platforms.
Old 06-18-2010, 05:35 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lill-Leif [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Im not sure what you want storage space for. You usually run console games from discs and put savegames and such data on the console itself. The real limitation is probably that the consolemakers want to sell consoles thus don't want the games to be playable over multiple platforms.
Sure if you don't update it like most games. But mmo's are always getting patched, updated and expanded. It's the same thing Blizzard said about porting their mess onto console. xbox has a large hard drive, but at an extra expense.
Old 06-18-2010, 10:09 AM
Fire Giant

some day secrets will present us EQ3! the best of EQ2 and EQ1 combined! <3 <3

[50 Warrior] Rumzuck Umbatsch (Ogre) <Remedy>
[34 Druid] Vito Corleone (Wood Elf) <Europa>
[35 Necromancer] Torak (Dark Elf) <Europa>
[13 Shadow Knight] Rumzerg (Dark Elf) <Europa>

EQEmuLauncher
Have your files up to date, switch between servers nice and easy, and more!
http://moestaverne.com/

Old 06-18-2010, 10:10 AM
Banned

Im never going to touch a SOE game again with a ten foot pole, unless the feedback is good for it months afterwards.
Old 06-18-2010, 10:30 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by wangerinlee [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Id love to see EQ1 with redone graphics and a few new zones, keep it exactly the same.
They already did this with EQ1. Most of the classic outdoor zones do not exist on live the way we know them. They have completely been redesigned from the ground up. (Sadly the gameplay will never be like classic.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lill-Leif [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I wouldn't mind a console game as long as it has an ok interface. What if EQ3 became the only game that allowed 360/wii/ps3 users to play with eachother? Although, keyboards are pretty essential.
Everquest online Adventures has been around for forever (celebrating it's 7 year anniversary this year I think). Although some people still play it it was considered to be a bit of a flop. Don't think Sony will invest in creating a new one based on this alone.
Old 06-18-2010, 11:20 AM
Kobold

I'd like to see an MMO set in the Norrath mythos that allows the players to shape the way each server progresses. Custom buildings, quests/events with poignant and branching outcomes, etc.

If EQ Next ever does happen, it will be vastly different from EQ1/2 if they have half a brain. They don't want to be their own direct competition.

I have always loved the stories built behind the first few expansions of EQ. After PoP the stories got too spread from the original mythos for me. DoN was kinda neat I suppose, as it filled in a few empty spaces on the pre-existing maps. But still.

Give it a solid story, let the players get involved in the story and make it dynamic. If you want to see a dynamic system done right, take a look at the way Guild Wars 2 is shaping its PvE. It is so full of win.

No more hailing a static NPC for a quest that 1000 other people get. There's a dragon attacking a village? You find out by seeing the smoke and fire in the distance and going to help. Anyone that helps out is rewarded (similar to Public Quests in a few games) but the outcome of these event/quests has a lasting effect.

Evil things are pillaging a city, if the players fail to beat them back, the bad guys start building it up as a forward base. You can intercept supply trains and reinforcements, or attack it head-on.

That's the sort of refreshing change we need in MMOs. Not a step-by-step list of permanent quests to complete that will still be there 5 years from now.

ex-Tholuxe Paells player

If I spent half as much time playing as forum-ing, I'd be 50 by now.
Old 06-18-2010, 12:28 PM
Fire Giant

ya the public quest deal in Warhammer was pretty cool, would like to see that expanded on in more games.
Old 06-18-2010, 12:31 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoite [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
ya the public quest deal in Warhammer was pretty cool, would like to see that expanded on in more games.
Yeah, overall I liked Warhammer but that was one of the few things I felt distinguished it from everything else.
Old 06-18-2010, 12:45 PM
Planar Protector

OOh how about this idea?

Every newer MMO has dumb quests where you have to collect X of an item for whatever reason and you get some combination of coin, exp and faction for it.

What if these quests were created by players?

Here's what I mean:

Working on a tradeskill but don't feel like collecting bear pelts all afternoon?

Post a want add at the local tavern that other players can see. Have an NPC at the tavern that handles these transactions. The person posting the request pays a small fee and offers a reward of some kind (their choice maybe?).

The person completing the mission receives exp and the item and/or gold that was offered by the poster.

Quests would change every day and no two people would ever have the same exact quest. (Unless the request was reposted.)

How's that for dynamic!
Old 06-18-2010, 12:49 PM
Sarnak

Here's something interesting.

http://www.bradmcquaid.com/Brad_McQu...o_Work!!!.html

Perhaps Eq3?
Closed Thread