Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 11-29-2009, 10:57 PM
Developer

Send a message via AIM to Aeolwind Send a message via MSN to Aeolwind Send a message via Yahoo to Aeolwind

Will talk this over and see what we can do. But, I always parked somewhere and spammed the level 1 heal to make sure I got alteration up back in the day on live. So this was an option, the issue remains that the nukes were setup incorrectly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilbog
If all the polls I have done up until now fully counted, you would be playing on some abomination of a PVP server with 2-10 boxing based on votes from people named xcm234nv and adfa234.
Old 11-29-2009, 11:03 PM
Aviak

Default specialization

Don't break your back working on it, it's just not that big of a deal, at least to most magicians. We'll be able to change things as often as we would like when Sol Ro comes out anyway, and it seems that is only a few months away. It's not like we lose out with specializing in evocation, it's just not what a few of us would choose, in retrospect. A.k.a., not a big deal.
Old 11-29-2009, 11:20 PM
Planar Protector

I believe you and I levelled during completely different eras. What is now, is not what once was.

And for those who won't understand:

The spells were updated. The best mana/damage ratio was my level 8 nuke, which I complained about multiple times as I was levelling.... you should have been there.

So what was it? Pay 100 mana and cast a 150 damage nuke? Or pay 20 mana and have a 37 damage nuke? So this makes your argument quite moot.

it's like you make the atomic bomb (server) and you don't want to let other countries (guilds) have nuclear secrets (under the radar information). it's gm's business and no one else's or else everyone gets nuked. letting Iran or North Korea beta test and keep the successful nukes, makes other countries uncomfortable.
Old 11-30-2009, 12:29 AM
Fire Giant

Send a message via MSN to Jify

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reiker [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What? Mages shouldn't spec evocation???
Evocation is the spec for a DPS based magician that spends the majority of his time nuking. This shows it's efficiency in situations where a magician can repeatedly nuke (with say, Lava Bolt). In classic, most raid mobs are highly immune, if not completely immune to fire & magic. Chain nuking on any raid mob, I can guarantee I'll pull agro & get many resists (full and partial).

Pets remain our "sustainable" DPS. By focusing on conjuration we will be casting intermittent conjuration based DDs and summoning rods. All in all, we can contribute "more" with conjuration.

In solo play, conjuration is king for the ability to chain pet. It should also allow for "canni-petting", which allows magicians to improve their mana regen through summoning and reclaiming focused earth pets.

***This is all personal opinion, don't attack me because you play your magician differently***
Old 11-30-2009, 12:38 AM
Planar Protector

Mod rods are Conjuration too!

it's like you make the atomic bomb (server) and you don't want to let other countries (guilds) have nuclear secrets (under the radar information). it's gm's business and no one else's or else everyone gets nuked. letting Iran or North Korea beta test and keep the successful nukes, makes other countries uncomfortable.
Old 11-30-2009, 02:16 AM
Orc

I am not against your post Goobles & Fellow mages i'm simply posting my opinion:

Specialization, from what I remember of playing back in 99' and 2000-2004 was usually selected to match your PERSONAL preference of casting skill, NOT the most used.

Furthermore, I never remember anyone (except the classes such as necros and clerics) building their specialization of choice up to 51 without training / putting time into leveling that specific skill FASTER than the others.

Basically what I'm trying to say is: You knew you wanted conjuration. You should have:

1. Train the skill to an appropriate level via your trainer in such a way that none of the other casting skills could catch and beat your chosing one to 51.

2. Casted a "conjuration" spell over and over until the previous goal was acquired.

I remember making use of both options 1 & 2 on my classes back in live, especially my druid whom I chose to specialize in Evocation.

If I simply leveled and allowed the "natural" elevation of skills to occur I would have undoubtedly become a Alteration or Conjuration druid. Obviously I have to intervene to become specialized in the one I wanted.

I understand that the specialization of your blade line of spells was wrong, but lets use common sense here. Did you really think it would be easier for the server to personally reset your specialization OR would it be easier for the server to simply change "blades" from Evocation to Conjuration?

If you simply allowed the specialization to continue as Evocation because "that was the easiest way to level" than that should be no excuse in having GM's change your character, as many classes could benefit from this practice. You must chose your specialization based on what you want long term, if you choose short term than be ready for the Sol Ro quest.
Old 12-01-2009, 01:18 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goobles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So what was it? Pay 100 mana and cast a 150 damage nuke? Or pay 20 mana and have a 37 damage nuke? So this makes your argument quite moot.
Not at all.

There were now two broken mechanics involved. If they had both functioned correctly your actions would have led you to your current spec. If you want a rollback on the lvl8 spell then you should also have a rollback on the extra mana you got. Consider how much more mana efficient you were leveling up until 20 you should have had plenty of time to sit and cast for 20 mins like everyone else.

Here I'll add another one. Since the boats were broken you should get to respec since you would have practiced conjuration, and couldn't because the boats were broken.

Also by lvl 20 that 20/37 nuke is basically not as mana efficient as the lvl 20 nuke taking into account meditation. You save ~4 mana every 14 seconds for 1/4th the dps, but I'm sure you already knew that considering how much more veteran and better player you are than me and everyone else.
Closed Thread