Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-30-2009, 04:05 AM
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Yea this entire situation is really putting me under a lot of stress. I work 45 hours a week and have many other real life obligations and I still do everything I can to help this server. I understand you guys are upset about this asshole and what hes doing, and I'v been trying everything I can to get some sort of protection for the server. The new data center will be putting us on a Cisco DDoS Protection switch this week, but I'm afraid that will only help so much.

This guy has already proven to me that if we set the precedence to help him achieve his goals he will just keep coming back for more, he already did it once. We keep bowing down to him pretty soon it comes down to "Hey I died I need a GM Res", "You died legitimately, no", "LOL DDOS INC". This is why governments don't negotiate with terrorists. He wants as much power as he can get over the server to fuel his own favoritism. He claims his reasons are for favoritism but if we giving in then all we're doing is shifting the favoritism over to him.

He has also already shown that if he is unsuccessful in taking down Project 1999, that he will go after the Loginserver and EQEmulator. He did it once already. The server that runs those is on the same data center that P1999 was on before we moved, and I'v paid probably around $2000 for that server out of my pocket after hardware costs and hosting costs, and deducting the donations we have received, and moving it anywhere else for more protection is just too costly. We simply don't get enough donations for the project to provide protection against these sort of things.

Mr. DDoS'er, you claim that your end objective is not to shut these servers down, just to get the things changed that you want. Well it stops now. We're not giving in anymore. You either enjoy the server like it is now or everything gets shut down. I don't have the time or patience to deal with this bullshit anymore.
Old 11-30-2009, 05:42 AM
Sarnak

I have to agree with Rogean, either its over or it continues the way things are.
Old 11-30-2009, 06:12 AM
Aviak

I gotta say Im proud of Nilbog for standing up for his sandbox.
Old 11-30-2009, 08:41 AM
Large Bat

I'll be sad to see it go if it comes to that Rogean, but if it does, so long, and thanks for all the fish.

You and the other devs have done a great job from what I have experienced so far, even though I have enjoyed it for only a week or so. So well done, and if it stays up in the medium term, I will be donating - and I urge others to do the same.
Old 11-30-2009, 11:32 AM
Planar Protector

I'd rather see the server shut down than give into this kid's "demands". Fuck him.
Old 11-30-2009, 11:50 AM
Aviak

I like the server but if it must be shut down so this asshat doesn't win then so be it. Principles must triumph over asshattery.
Old 11-30-2009, 12:14 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

This is the problem with the internet..Anonymity allows you to be a jackass without any consequences. If this situation was going down in real life we could smack this twerp around a bit until he knocked it off.
Old 11-30-2009, 12:47 PM
Aviak

Server down again, about 10:40 CST
Old 11-30-2009, 12:50 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

getting really tired of this. But i hope its the DDos protection being put into place.
Old 11-30-2009, 12:58 PM
Banned

Server was down for 30 seconds total, relax.
Closed Thread