Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-22-2010, 11:25 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hardly is this an exploit. Someone with sneak does the exact same thing. This is just utilizing a friend. Do you consider Multi-Questing an exploit also???
Different strokes for different folks I guess...I would consider this wrong for 2 reasons.

#1 - It tries to get around a piece of functionality put in place specifically to stop it. I say this because if you were to be invis and try to trade with the NPC your invis would drop. This behavior was put in place to stop people from being able to modify their faction easily to do quests.

#2 - I cannot think of any role-play scenario to justify it. Here I am visible and I hand something to someone. Then I disappear, well that person would not just hand this invisible person something. At least that's how I see it.

As for sneaking, personally I would think that, if you traded/quested while sneaking behind someone, they should turn to face you and your sneaking would be over. But I also see a role-play reasoning where you might kind of be like a person in the shadows, unwilling to show their identity, but still wanting to do business with this person, and they allow it.

Same with MQing...I can see why it should not be done, but I can also see a role-play justification for it, where your friends helped with a quest and so this person is willing to give you the reward on behalf of the group.

I know my reasoning is flawed and people can take these arguments a million different ways, but that is how I see it at least...
Dawrit 12 Druid of Project1999
Old 06-22-2010, 11:30 AM
Fire Giant

AEs only break your invis if they hit you. like if you resist it wont break.
Old 06-22-2010, 12:08 PM
Planar Protector

Ehh the exploits are kind of double sided in my opinion. Some I don't see issues with some I do. Invising and questing I don't really see an issue with, factions can be a pain or even impossible to raise to do quest X. Multiquesting also I don't see a problem with. The pain it is to camp one mob for 8 hours, and never get what you are after then see someone else come in and stay for 5minutes and get what you were after. It is awful nice when that person is willing to trade in that quest piece so you didn't waste 8 hours of your life for nothing and you can complete the quest. Then again MQing is double sided when people start farming quest items to sell the MQ of :/

If you resist it breaks on live. I'd assume it has been this way in EQ for awhile though idk about classic. Same with any sort of detrimental spell. Like if you were to invis, aggro a spell caster. Reinvis and then they cast a spell on you, even a resist would break your invis.
Old 06-22-2010, 12:57 PM
Sarnak

What DOES break INVIS

1. Merchant Window
2. Casting a spell
3. Aggroing a see-invis mob and it SUCCESSFULLY hits you
4. Dying (obviously)
5. Opening a trade
6. Accepting a res
7. Looting a corpse
8. A successful spell hit.

What does NOT:
1. Dragging corpses
2. Falling damage
3. Aggroing mobs but they DO NOT hit you.
4. Accepting a summon
5. Others casting spells ON you
6. Resisting spells/AE
Last edited by Kainzo; 06-22-2010 at 01:00 PM..
Old 06-22-2010, 01:01 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you resist it breaks on live. I'd assume it has been this way in EQ for awhile though idk about classic. Same with any sort of detrimental spell. Like if you were to invis, aggro a spell caster. Reinvis and then they cast a spell on you, even a resist would break your invis.
true, but i was speaking of AEs

like if your running down to bottom of Lguk can you run past some people at like ass/sup camp and their wiz mob they are killing does an AE nuke, if you resist it, it wont break your invis (ivu in this case but w/e)
Last edited by Yoite; 06-22-2010 at 01:03 PM..
Old 06-22-2010, 02:30 PM
Fire Giant

I'm pretty sure there is special code in the game to ensure that Invis will randomly drop off of the cleric way more often than any other class.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Z
Old 06-24-2010, 01:15 AM
Orc

I forget, what if someone casts see invis on an NPC or mob and then someone KoS to such NPC/mob runs by invis?
Old 06-24-2010, 12:07 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrymm [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I forget, what if someone casts see invis on an NPC or mob and then someone KoS to such NPC/mob runs by invis?
I have not tried specifically with see invis, but you usually can't buff mobs. You'll get a 'the target was unaffected' or some such message. See invis I would think is considered a buff.
Old 06-24-2010, 12:37 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Extunarian [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have not tried specifically with see invis, but you usually can't buff mobs. You'll get a 'the target was unaffected' or some such message. See invis I would think is considered a buff.
You can however buff charmed mobs, and the buffs will stay after charm breaks...
Old 06-24-2010, 12:39 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaVeDK [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You can however buff charmed mobs, and the buffs will stay after charm breaks...
I see Abacab rolling an Enchanter in the near future.
Closed Thread