Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 02-28-2013, 06:55 PM
Aviak

Default Login problems

Heyo,

My screen started flashing between normalcy and PURPLE in Unrest today, so I zoned out, which seemed to fix the problem, zoned back and the problem persisted. /camp desktop /q, open up EQ, and have yet to be able to get a character into project 1999.
I was able to create a character on another server and enter the world.
Sometimes I can't get past 'Logging in to server... Please wait...'
Sometimes after char select, I get a black screen with SERVER IS NOT RESPONDING
Sometimes at char select, after clicking enter world, it kicks me to the login screen.
Sometimes at server select I get multiple errors
1. Error - A timeout occurred
2. An unknown error has occurred

about to just /throw my pc off the balcony..
Old 02-28-2013, 09:50 PM
Planar Protector

A few basics Valli, I'm not trying to be patronising (like phoning your ISP for them to ask if the router is switched on) but its sometimes a simple oversight on getting P99 started.

1. Have you installed EQ Titanium? (ie - you're not trying to connect using your EQ Live folder, right?)

2. Are you using the launcher? (downloadable here) - running the launcher with your installed folder specified and selected "Project 1999" will just double check your files are all okay and good to go.

3. Have you tried disabling your firewall and logging in? Hyper-sensitive firewalls can often block programs from running...if you can log in ok without the firewall on, it might be a case of adjusting its settings, or allowing the EXE file to run.

Can you say some more about the screen flashing? That's a weird one, could be a graphics card issue?
Old 03-01-2013, 01:02 AM
Aviak

1. check
2. I have yet to ever run the patcher as it gives me an error when I try.. your link doesn't work, either.
3. check

Flashing screen..
At first my screen just went completely purple. I could still see my UI, as in hotbars, menus, party, spells, etc... but everything behind it was purple. As I moved my character or mouse-wheeled in and out, it would flash between the purple and what I should be seeing. When I say flash i mean like 50-60 flashes within a couple seconds.
It continued to happen every 30secs to a min.

I have a backup of EQ that I'm going to try to run here in a minute, i'll post to see if that fixes anything..
Old 03-01-2013, 04:19 AM
Aviak

Installed an optional software update through Windows update.. restarted.. logged in to the world for the first time... Died... crashed while loading at bind...
And the problem persists..
Old 03-01-2013, 11:27 AM
Planar Protector

Link to the patcher still working for me [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] I'd give that another try as you can tick it off the list as not being an issue with any of the files in the EQ folder.

Could it be a graphics issue that's causing you to crash? Have you got the latest set of drivers for your graphics card? I don't know how savvy you are with PC's but (one way) to find your graphics card is to type "dxdiag" in the start search bar on Windows and look on the display tab. Probably wouldn't hurt to run a diagnostic itself just to check the card is working ok.

I had this issue with my graphics for ages (link to screenshot). I ran the Duxa installer fully and that seemed to iron out the problem. Link to that if you want to try it -> http://www.project1999.org/forums/sh...ad.php?t=28335
Old 03-01-2013, 02:53 PM
Fire Giant

Miss you Valli. Hurry up and fix this.

AMD processor?

http://www.project1999.org/forums/sh...=Unrest&page=2

Quote:
Well just in case anyone comes across the problem again I'm pretty sure this is a problem with AMD X2 dual core processors with some games and can be fixed with the following official release:
http://support.amd.com/us/Pages/dyna...42f&ItemID=153
Greycee
Last edited by Lyra; 03-01-2013 at 03:01 PM..
Old 03-02-2013, 01:07 AM
Aviak

Still haven't gotten the patcher to work.. ran dxdiag and there is def. some problems with the Direct3d.. diagnostics didn't fail 100%, but they def. didn't pass.

Instead of seeing a rotating cube I saw a crazy glitchy ball of color..

I've been running Duxa for 4-5 days now.. these problems started afterwards anyway..

As of today, I am able to log into my char's on proj99, but about half the time I'm either crashing from char select, crashing at zones, or having the glitchy screen problem.
Or I just can't log in at all..

Soo.. Cousin is sending me a graphics card! yay for free... Until then though, I'm still searching for a cure!

Seriously appreciate you guys taking time to help out! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]