Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-06-2013, 02:05 PM
Kobold

well, I retract my original statement. It is a fine balance, and unless they took away all the exp bonus since the server went down, the 25% across the board should be JUST fine for new people.

What it was a few weeks ago was waaaay too fast.. Again, there is a fineline between CounterStrike w/ elves and semi classic grind. We all saw what happened w/ LoZ when people could box and blow through 60 in a day played. EQ is a grind, embrace it, 25% across the board should be just enough to make it easier on new players to start up here, you just have to have a thick enough skin for it.

EDIT: to HPT note below -- I would accept more of a GROUP xp bonus than a solo xp bonus, this would promote a healthier low-mid tier level pop, instead of the 200th druid that gets created to solo quad kite, if they should do anything else to EXP it should involve group bonuses not single bonuses

Red99 Graveyard blog updated 4/8, find yourself!
Old 03-06-2013, 02:06 PM
Sarnak

the fact that there is a giant xp bonus to soloing is pretty dum
Old 03-06-2013, 02:06 PM
Planar Protector

I imagine the new regime throwing out bans as often as possible doesn't help the population either. It's nice that people spend their time trying to regulate the behavior of the players here but beggars can not be choosers and if you have less than 200 people and you decide to go nuts on them with bans and suspensions you are going to do more harm than good if you go out and push 30 people away. More than that I think the willingness to broadcast their desire for heavy handed intervention has been heard by everyone here and repeated by people complaining about being banned.

a hypothetical if someone might indulge me.

A new player comes to Red99. He notices that the experience bonus that brought him here has evaporated, can't find a reason, can't find a statement about what the reason might be, if it will continue to be or not. When deciding if he wants to put a month into the box before running into another person he jumps on the forum and reads that people are being banned rather impulsively. He also finds a community not very welcoming. A new player stops playing.

I understand that the staff here has a vision, and that they are trying to force us to get on board. They need to understand that we are not going to get on board. We all want to pvp so bad that we play even though we don't agree with your decisions and in return we get very little for being passionate about everquest. In fact throughout the history of the server it has been my opinion that the red community has been made into pariahs for doing exactly what should have been expected of them.

I think it is time for some change on both sides of the fence but the unfortunate problem is that it can't start with us. We are a symptom of our environment and unfortunately we haven't been provided with an environment where we can behave differently.
Last edited by mostbitter; 03-06-2013 at 02:09 PM..
Old 03-06-2013, 02:12 PM
Kobold

Also, one thing I absolutely loved about LoZ and I'm sure other boxes did was "HotZones" this would do WONDERS for PvP all the way from the bottom tier to the top tier.

Fighting over zones like KC or Seb to get an additiona 15-25% bonus to your exp would really make this box a lot more fun. If a zone is globally broadcasted to have 25% exp bonus you just KNOW you're going to find PvP there.. I'd really would love to see that down here, doesn't have to be daily, could be a every other day type of thing. Devnoob had it setup for 2 Classic Zones and 1 Kunark zone had the bonus, was really cool.

Red99 Graveyard blog updated 4/8, find yourself!
Old 03-06-2013, 02:25 PM
Banned

they do not ban people too easily here are you insane?

they dont even enforce suspensions half the time
Old 03-06-2013, 02:33 PM
Aviak

Why are we even talking about this, can we get a Gloinz population to exp graph in here?
Old 03-06-2013, 02:34 PM
Banned

u should believe everything u read on forums dude

EVERYTHING
Old 03-06-2013, 02:36 PM
Orc

I quit red over exp and went back to blue myself
Old 03-06-2013, 02:38 PM
Banned

He also attempted hotzones for different lvling brackets, favoring the low and mid levels since high lvls was pretty concentrated already.

Unrest is the best exp and probably close to a hotzone classically, but it's also a nonstop pvp zone full of twinks that means new players without friends or already established in the server are just griefed off before hitting 25.

I love my flower pals, but their thirst for pvp and fact that most are too bad to exp farther than lvl 30 is doing more harm than good to population. Need to let genuine new comers thrive and focus the grief on alts and others that are already committed to box; try to just pvp them once and instead of bind camping invite to exp after.
Old 03-06-2013, 02:45 PM
Banned

Most of these players aren't finding groups. They'd just rather kill 10,000 mobs instead of 100,000 to get to the pvping or towards a level where they can find groups.
Closed Thread