Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-06-2013, 07:22 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Default I like it hard

So I played EQ many years ago, then played WoW or many years.
I then tried the free to play EQ for a little bit, but it didn't seem quite the same.

However this Project 1999 is just what I am looking for, for that old difficult EQ gameplay. Yes, it can be tough, but man it is rewarding to do even the smallest things.

So I have to struggle to find my class vendors, but memory helps and I do. Then the first level is tough. I'm just struggling to get enough money to buy a spell. I die a couple of times to roaming skeletons. But I hang in there to level 4, now with about 60 gold and every slot has a backpack. I'm on my way after the first day.

This is what I mean, about having to pay attention to your surroundings. You have to be careful, clever, and even looting some lowbie tunic is like a huge treasure. There's no hand holding, and very little forgiveness, but this is how I remember it. It is a great experience to play with the old rules. I won't bash the newer games, they are ok for what they are. But no other MMO was like old EQ. It makes a man out of you.[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-06-2013, 07:27 PM
Planar Protector

I can think of tons of advice, but loads of it is scattered around on the forums already... seek, and you shall find! However, I think naturally immersing yourself in the "old world" is a sense of magic in itself - glad you're enjoying it [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-06-2013, 07:50 PM
Kobold

Original ultima online along with the first expansion are very unforgiving. Was a great introduction to MMO's for me. Made classic everquest seem not bad at all- losing exp is always better than losing all ur items everytime you die to anything, npcs included.
Old 03-06-2013, 07:52 PM
Planar Protector

what class/race are you?
Old 03-06-2013, 08:00 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by pharmakos [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
what class/race are you?
I am playing a Dark Elf necromancer.

I briefly considered making an Iksar necro, but I decided to go with Dark Elf. I also have created a magician up to level 4, but I will stay with the necro. I like the multiple utility spells that they get for getting out of a jam (slow the mob, feign death, fear and run).

Back in the day on live EQ, I played a necro and a druid. I might someday make a halfling druid alt.
Old 03-06-2013, 08:08 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by r0xx0r [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Original ultima online along with the first expansion are very unforgiving. Was a great introduction to MMO's for me. Made classic everquest seem not bad at all- losing exp is always better than losing all ur items everytime you die to anything, npcs included.
Yeah I remember Ultima Online. I played it too.

I went into a dungeon once, forgetting I had my key and rune to my guilds tower in my backpack. At the time, you would ban people from entering a house, but you had to target them to do it.

I got killed and looted, and a whole bunch of people teleported to our tower and tried to ransack it. I was inside and kept trying to ban anyone that entered. But they kept coming, and dragging out items before I could ban them all. They managed to get a few items, but I kept them from looting every last thing. They would have killed me if they could have reached the 2nd floor.

It was horrible, and I was freaking out. The game was still a lot of fun, but yeah you could mess up big time in that game.
Old 03-06-2013, 08:09 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I can think of tons of advice, but loads of it is scattered around on the forums already... seek, and you shall find! However, I think naturally immersing yourself in the "old world" is a sense of magic in itself - glad you're enjoying it [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Your sig pic is from Ong Bak. Great movie!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ong_bak
Old 03-06-2013, 08:12 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagasumi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah I remember Ultima Online. I played it too.

I went into a dungeon once, forgetting I had my key and rune to my guilds tower in my backpack. At the time, you would ban people from entering a house, but you had to target them to do it.

I got killed and looted, and a whole bunch of people teleported to our tower and tried to ransack it. I was inside and kept trying to ban anyone that entered. But they kept coming, and dragging out items before I could ban them all. They managed to get a few items, but I kept them from looting every last thing. They would have killed me if they could have reached the 2nd floor.

It was horrible, and I was freaking out. The game was still a lot of fun, but yeah you could mess up big time in that game.

great memories of things like this! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] only game that made me sweat! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-06-2013, 08:15 PM
Banned

you like it hard....?

but play a necro main and a druid alt?

lol, k
Old 03-06-2013, 08:21 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silo69 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
you like it hard....?

but play a necro main and a druid alt?

lol, k
He likes it half-hard.
Closed Thread