Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-08-2013, 07:20 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kekephee [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't know what it is about this server compared to live but I really don't remember people being such enormous pricks about camps back in the day. I've taken so much shit from people here taking over my groups' camps after a wipe and rule-lawyering, or my favorite, a friend of mine who was quadding specs went afk for like ten minutes while he was medding, came back to find some assclown necro or druid or something standing in the camp who proceeds to KS the spawn. Friend tells him to amscray and the guy's response is "I OOC'D AND U SAID NOTHING TO CALL CAMP NO CALL CAMP CAMP MINE," are you shitting me? You can't get up to take a piss or microwave a burrito without some dick imperialising your camp?

I think WoW is to blame. Four or five or whatever years of "there are no camps in WoW" has ruined peoples' ability to respect the fact that someone else was goddamn there first.
This has been happening to me in HS north a lot lately(basically my home camp). IDK, whenever I call for CC and someone misses it because they are in between spawns or what ever I usually respect that. Am I wrong?
Old 03-08-2013, 07:31 PM
Kobold

I was said wizard and had been quadding and afking between while I got mana quite frequently. I think it's in the game description for wizardry, as it's pretty much what we do.

The AFK in question was all of 3-4 minutes and he killed a spec within melee distance of me sitting at said camp.

I don't remember it being this bad either, but my guess is it's a combination of overpopulation in several (all?) level ranges and the tendency of people these days to forget that there's a difference between the written rules and the publicly accepted/acknowledged standards of conduct.

Happens!
Old 03-08-2013, 07:44 PM
Sarnak

Doesn't it suck that you can't pk on blue? Cry cry cry
Old 03-08-2013, 07:58 PM
Fire Giant

Yeah, we could be having camp disputes with people and then the people kill us and take our pixels too

Every song I play is actually just me screaming the 1812 Overture in a raspy, shrieking falsetto.
Old 03-08-2013, 08:06 PM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kekephee [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
rant
I have to say, I love your writing style. I was cracking up and agreeing at the same time.

I think I'll suggest the idea that it's precisely because the server population is older on average and they (we) are all more cynical with less patience. Instead of having all day to play, they have maybe an hour because they work for a living. So trying to get a camp is like "camp check"...5 seconds go by..."ok, I'm taking xxxxx", which leads to the scenario you described. And also, I think most of us get more assertive and less tolerant as we get older, too. We're more willing/able to take heat for something if we get our way.

I'm making a ton of generalizations here. I try to be as respectful as I can because I think karma hurts, but I also recognize that I fight with myself about what the limit of respect is more now than I used to in 2001. But then, I was significantly more submissive back then too.

Let's face it, these are exactly the reasons why EQ generally didn't do nearly as well as WoW and others. Its game mechanics didn't have ways of dealing with these scenarios because the genre was new. But at the same time, the mechanics are also why I consider EQ the most socially vibrant MMO in existence. Reputation matters.
Old 03-08-2013, 08:25 PM
Fire Giant

I agree with everything you said, Pend. Especially the part about all the little imperfections and inefficiencies of EQ making it what it is. The LFG tool in WoW has made it so easy to get a group and then teleport to your instance where you don't interact with anyone but the 4 people you're grouped with (3 of whom aren't even talking because they're just 16 year olds in their rooms smoking pot out of a coke can) that it's lifeless. I really missed the social environment of this game- assholes, ksers, flamewars on forums between top guilds and all. But it can be really infuriating until you remind yourself that this is exactly what made the game exciting to begin with. Double-edged, cock-shaped sword.

Every song I play is actually just me screaming the 1812 Overture in a raspy, shrieking falsetto.
Old 03-08-2013, 08:47 PM
Planar Protector

If I ran the server and proof of douchebaggery was beyond doubt, the offending KS'er who tips up before a spawn is due would get a 48 hour suspension (or better still an IP ban for that time) and 3 strikes.

3rd strike = perma ban.

I'd rather be on a server with 500-600 people playing in the spirit of 1999 than having to deal with camp lawyers and "couldn't care less, I'm level 60 and can KS you" types on a daily basis.

Something needs to be done, not knocking the GMs but christ...I hate to read these stories where the "criminal" gets away with it and the "police" don't do something [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-08-2013, 09:07 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waedawen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i love how OP speaks in code as if to keep Hadden a secret

my pixxellsss
Best post in thread.
[Sun Jan 31 21:43:23 2016] Kerafyrm was hit by non-melee for 94 points of damage.
Old 03-08-2013, 09:53 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Default He's at it again

So I've setup camp again to try and get my earing. Zetas spawns sets up pet and says ' I have it camped'.

screens taken again .. but what to do about this guy!?
Old 03-08-2013, 10:04 PM
Kobold

Petition in game
Closed Thread