Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 06-30-2010, 12:06 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There is a problem with permafrost only that is causing it to go into high cpu usage, I haven't pinned the problem yet.

You sure it's not doing the same thing for SolA? Only two places I experience this..
Old 06-30-2010, 03:57 PM
Orc

Regarding permafrost, it either takes a short time for the lag to begin, or it begins with more than one person in the zone.

I was alone in the zone for 30-40minutes without lag. Then I couldn't open doors - and noticed that a second person had zoned in.
Old 06-30-2010, 04:43 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There is a problem with permafrost only that is causing it to go into high cpu usage, I haven't pinned the problem yet.
After seeing this and getting Res'd last night I noticed the spike in usage. It requires a reboot to go away apparently, as it follows you about.
Old 06-30-2010, 04:47 PM
Fire Giant

I wonder how anybody can kill Vox in this lag?

Mugatoo <Center For Ants>
45 Iksar Monk

"You can all go to hell, I'm going to Texas."
Old 07-06-2010, 03:09 AM
Skeleton

Still going on in Perma after patch on July 5. As for killing Vox, I can't even carry on a conversation when I'm in the zone =\

~Melly
Old 07-07-2010, 01:56 AM
Decaying Skeleton

The issue begins as soon as you use a world object. It isn't actually lag as your connection to the server stays fine. The issue is your character itself becomes de-synced. I don't know why, but every single time you use a button, or open a door, you are just flooded with delay and it only gets worse and worse over time.

I have been killing the goblin elites for almost an hour, got bored and decided to open the door to look around which I knew was a foolish idea. As soon as the first goblin elite repops, I get one dot on it that takes over 15 seconds to hit it. I try to run for the gate, but hey it's not opening. Awaiting rez currently because a light blue goblin beat me to death over the course of 4 minutes while i managed to open the 2 gates. Made it about 20 feet from the zone out, pretty sweet [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

-Cruciel

P.S. yes logging out fixes the issue temporarily until you open a gate.
Last edited by Cruciel; 07-07-2010 at 02:06 AM..
Old 07-07-2010, 02:07 AM
Fire Giant

I can spam open/close the gates repeatedly and reliably. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-07-2010, 09:45 PM
Large Rat

I also get lag in perma, at least 30 seconds of it so that the game is unplayable. I don't lag in any other zone. Ping and connection meter all green. Comcast cable, chicago
Old 07-08-2010, 03:45 PM
Kobold

Was thinking this might be a router issue, logged in to the test server and went around with router plugged in and lagged immediately. Unplugged the router and did a hard connection from modem to PC and still lagged.. so I'm not sure what the deal is. And I didn't need to open a door for this to happen, just running around the King (Vox Prep) area did it for me.
Old 07-09-2010, 08:14 PM
Kobold

Any update on a solution yet?