Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 03-20-2013, 12:29 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortiiss [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You should check TMO's posting history before commenting. The flames aren't exactly unfounded, there's a lot of history behind it and they brought it upon themselves really. Good for you for taking the moral high ground though, you are most honorable friend.
Oh, I know there is a history of flames going both ways and think that is fine for those who enjoy it. I lurk a lot, just rarely post. I'm not trying to take the moral high ground, I just think posters like Xasten or Lora are generally pretty genuine so when they come in here and compliment us on the kill I don't see any reason to rub it in their faces. People like Eccezan or Alarti kind of have it coming though. My comment wasn't directed at the normal RnF posters as much as the TMO people who came out of the woodwork to congratulate us on the kill. I thought it was classy of them to do so and just thought I'd let them know that the friendly competition is appreciated.
Old 03-20-2013, 12:31 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarnauga [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
BDA recruitment open tout aller TMO beside leadership , Knix, Nietche, Catterine, and Yapas

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
what about alarti? If you invite him you should atleast make him agree to honor his bets.
Old 03-20-2013, 12:41 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cs616 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Oh, I know there is a history of flames going both ways and think that is fine for those who enjoy it. I lurk a lot, just rarely post. I'm not trying to take the moral high ground, I just think posters like Xasten or Lora are generally pretty genuine so when they come in here and compliment us on the kill I don't see any reason to rub it in their faces. People like Eccezan or Alarti kind of have it coming though. My comment wasn't directed at the normal RnF posters as much as the TMO people who came out of the woodwork to congratulate us on the kill. I thought it was classy of them to do so and just thought I'd let them know that the friendly competition is appreciated.
Aye, Zeelot congratulated us.

His brother needs to learn some manners though and was very bitter about getting beaten [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-20-2013, 01:20 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarnauga [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
BDA recruitment open tout aller TMO beside leadership , Knix, Nietche, Catterine, and Yapas

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
lol?

Why would they downgrade
Old 03-20-2013, 01:32 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alarti0001 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I remember different numbers. I wonder if you got massive lag spikes on your engages.... hmmmm
I lul'd irl...
Rustymule - EC trader

RED
Node Red - [ANONYMOUS]
Chun Li - [ANONYMOUS]
Old 03-20-2013, 02:33 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alarti0001 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I remember different numbers. I wonder if you got massive lag spikes on your engages.... hmmmm
FE DDOS'ing P99 during TMO engages from now on. Confirmed.
Old 03-20-2013, 02:34 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluejam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
FE DDOS'ing P99 during TMO engages from now on. Confirmed.
prove it
Old 03-20-2013, 02:36 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by 47shadesofgay [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well regardless of what yourself, Quido, Versus, or any other TMO white knight attempts to say to paint a better picture of your guild, that's not going to be what sticks.

People are going to remember Alarti, Zeelot, Eccezan, and all of the other trolls much more than they're going to remember the good things. That's human nature.

And don't give me that "a few apples shouldn't spoil the basket" bit, because guess what, in the real world they do.

On top of that, your apples tend to be in leadership positions within the guild. You have earned the contempt people feel for you, and I dont think anybody feels the least bit sorry for you.

Pull up your big-boy pants and deal with.
I came to this server in april of 2012, so I'm very new still. Alls I really knew of TMO then was that everyone hated them and they were the top guild. I didn't understand why everyone hated them, I even went so far as to defend them everytime they were brought up in /gu or tells. I had numerous pleasant interactions with members through porting or trading, or Jeremy leaving KC TWICE in less than 5 minutes to come rez me at the EJ port in spot (lols embarrassing). I thought the hate was misguided and that people only hated them cause they were on top.

Then came the day where we, in Full Circle, decided to camp Inny. During this megalong poopsock, Eccezan, a known leader of TMO, ports up to Hate not once, but twice, for the sole purpose of auctioning off the mage staff MQ and to offer ports out. What kind of person does this? What kind of LEADER does this? And the most important question that I had, being a leader in FC, was what kind of leadership condones such behaviour? I was appalled. I now had my answer as to why they are so hated.

Upon leaving FC, I had two choices of where to app. TMO or FE. It was an easy decision. Even though most of my interactions with them were pleasant, their decision to have someone as obnoxious as Eccezan be a leader, and to have their guild leader/other leaders put up with such behaviour, drove me away.

So yes, the bad apples are certainly remembered more, and paint the respectable members with the same brush. I wonder how many other potential apps they have lost due to reasons such as these.

Also - Grats FE!! Can't wait to get my key and join in the fun [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[11 Bard] Fappn

[Sun Mar 10 21:52:52 2013] Merkk's spell fizzles!
Old 03-20-2013, 02:39 PM
Aviak

I also find Eccezan's absence from this thread so incredibly amusing! Much funnier than anything anyone can post [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[11 Bard] Fappn

[Sun Mar 10 21:52:52 2013] Merkk's spell fizzles!
Old 03-20-2013, 02:43 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
To all, f u french auto correction
ENGLISH MOTHERFUCKER, DO YOU SPEAK IT?!
Closed Thread