Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-20-2013, 07:14 PM
Planar Protector

This isn't framerate lag.

It only happens randomly, sometimes you zone in and you're fine, other times you're fine for maybe 10-20 seconds and then you start getting desynced. Things can still see and attack you so the server tracks your movement, but you can't see anything, you can't /con, can't send tells, etc. The only way to fix it is to zone (which will crash you) but Sebilis won't work as the server won't recognize you clicking the portal. You have to /q and come back and click the portal before you start getting desynced (once you get desynced it'll continue to occur until you zone somewhere, /camping or /qing won't fix it).

It's known and really needs to be fixed, especially since so many people are bound there to get to seb quickly (and you can't bind in seb).
Old 03-20-2013, 07:27 PM
Kobold

I made a thread about this in Bugs section, and pretty much got told its a client side issue, which i said was bullshit.... Thread ended there.
Old 03-20-2013, 07:46 PM
Planar Protector

Also made a thread in the bug section.

1000 dissatisfied customers can't be wrong, amirite? Guaranteed if it was happening in EC it would have been fixed, but TT doesn't see too much traffic I guess [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-20-2013, 08:05 PM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaximiusM [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Really? a SAN? I bet the entire server runs on couple of Mac Mini with SSDs max max'd ram.
Or, as is more likely considering the difficulty in getting a solid i-net uplink in the above theory otherwise, they're running on a cloud server and impacted by unpredictable shared resource contention, which would cause unstable performance when pushed.
Old 03-20-2013, 08:55 PM
Banned

I assumed against a cloud provider because the expense run rate would be pretty bad. that ish aint cheap
Old 03-20-2013, 09:38 PM
Planar Protector

I'm going to go with "shit needs fixing in TT"...why is that the only zone to do it? It's got to be a bug/anomaly. It's single-handedly prevented me from joining a group in Sebilis a couple of times, and as a cleric they weren't impressed but all knew of the issue at least or had experienced it themselves.

I tried restarting, I tried deleting the TT files, I tried turning my monitor upside down, moving my mouse and keyboard outside of the room... it's not something on our side, its got to be server side.
Old 03-20-2013, 10:00 PM
Kobold

In no other zone do I experience the problems I have with TT.
There is no graphic lag, FPS is fine.
Ping skyrockets though, and I go LD at least 3 times before reaching seb.

When I finally limp into seb tunnel, clicking the orb is followed by ~30 second delay before I actually zone.
Once I'm in seb, life resumes as normal.

Twice in the past week, I've come back dead after a TT LD.

Definitely not a client issue.
Old 03-21-2013, 05:20 AM
Fire Giant

I had a problem with TT handing in my monks final turn in, I rebooted my client and all was fixed, albeit with very sweaty palms !!
Old 03-21-2013, 09:21 AM
Orc

Sorry, said san but it could just be the one servers drives, or a NAS it could be a lot of things. I had spoken to Rogean about the environment he is running the server on a while back, I know its virtual but the fact that its a specific zone and from my limited understanding of running an EQ server - either he has multiple VMs and the VM hosting the trak instance is also hosting another extremely volatile zone like OT or EC or it is just deprioritized period due to complete lack of people.
Old 03-21-2013, 12:09 PM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaximiusM [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I assumed against a cloud provider because the expense run rate would be pretty bad. that ish aint cheap
I had a pretty decent cloud server for $100/mo. But yeah, the i-net traffic is usually metered. But keep in mind we're playing a game that was released when we all had 56k modems, so I can't imagine per user traffic to be that egregious.

Not sure if it's related, but I noticed insane (5-10s) lag every time I tried to use Sense the Dead in LOIO on the weekend. I tried it several times with the same result. I haven't used it since.
Last edited by Pend; 03-21-2013 at 12:11 PM..
Closed Thread