Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 04-15-2013, 03:20 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabilos [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I look at it this way, sure there are differences, one may be more polished than the other.

There are a bunch of people who want to play on a new server, from the start. Being a player who started on P99 years after it was already up and going and R99 at launch (not being a big pvp fan though).

I wanted something that was new, where everyone was new and there were no twinks. The genuine experience. Does Sleeper have it.. for now, yes, are there bugs, yes.

If P99 were to release another server call it Green for namesake. I think that the population would drift back over because we know what kind of hard work has been put in on this side.

but like others have said, people socking waiting for spawns, constant bickering, gm favoring has been pretty lame, even from someone who has only played a handful of hours on either server.

Just my 2cp.
I always thought P99 should release a casual type server (green works perfect), that allows non-competitive access to raid content. There is no doubt a large base of players that would just like to experience EQ content without all the drama and BS (although player competition is a different experience and blue should not go away, it's level of competition is definitely not classic)

Even if they just make a P99 replica (late kunark for ease of keeping the server updated) and added a system like guild tokens from Sleeper, it would likely be successful and bring back some casual players that have left. It would allow those that still play and future players the access to the content/play-style of their choice/ability.

Set it in the future, with some kind of Time Chrono dude ("Very well mortals, I will bring you to the era of Lord Nagafen, ready yourselves!) that depops and spawns the raid target when something is handed in.

I'm sure it's been brought up before though.
Last edited by Allizia; 04-15-2013 at 03:35 PM..
Old 04-15-2013, 03:40 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allizia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I always thought P99 should release a casual type server (green works perfect), that allows non-competitive access to raid content. There is no doubt a large base of players that would just like to experience EQ content without all the drama and BS (although that competition is a different experience and blue should not go away)

Even if they just make a P99 replica (late kunark for ease of keeping the server updated) and added a system like guild tokens from Sleeper, it would likely be successful and bring back some casual players that have left. It would allow those that still play and future players the access to the content/play-style of their choice/ability.

Set it in the future, with some kind of Time Chrono dude ("Very well mortals, I will bring you to the era of Lord Nagafen, ready yourselves!) that depops and spawns the raid target when something is handed in.

I'm sure it's been brought up before though.

Hell if they did this I'd easily give up my 40 hour a week WOW addiction and bring my old guild back with me. There are a ton of people from original Brell that are playing WoW and misc emulated games at the same time. Missing the old content. But until something like that happens, I'll invest a few hours in a new halfling cleric on Sleeper
Old 04-15-2013, 03:52 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kruel [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No talk of Velious...
Now, while I don't mind waiting... there has been recent postings regarding Velious by Sirken. I'd say its closer than you think, Q4 2013/Q1 2014? My plat is on that period.

You're basically saying that you can't wait for Velious and need to experience it on another server? There's always Live. The Sleeper, to some, is merely a test ground for people wanting to camp various pixels when it launches here...P99's bitch, if you will [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I like how "hot zones" give a 15% XP bonus... so people run from ZEMs of 150 to ZEMs of 75 to enjoy that bonus. People are easily trolled.

What the server needs is better regular XP, and doing away with "warm zones".
Old 04-15-2013, 04:19 PM
Sarnak

[QUOTE=Swish;922296]Now, while I don't mind waiting... there has been recent postings regarding Velious by Sirken. I'd say its closer than you think, Q4 2013/Q1 2014? My plat is on that period.
QUOTE]

I would like to believe you but I remember a year before they released Kunark. Uthgaard telling us all at the entrance of sebilis that Kunark is "Very Soon".. I remember hobby telling us "Kunark is done other than some minor work".. a year later we got the expansion.... as year of your time is a long time to wait - when you have another server already with it...
Old 04-15-2013, 05:34 PM
Planar Protector

Ok, well Kunark release here was 10x better and more polished than Velious release on Sleeper... that's all I can really add.

EDIT: ...and P99 didn't have 2 years of Kunark beta.
Last edited by Swish; 04-15-2013 at 05:56 PM..
Old 04-15-2013, 06:59 PM
Kobold

Someone just turned in a major bug and declined the reward and asked for increased experience.

Starting in 15 minutes, double XP across the entire server for the day!
Old 04-15-2013, 07:25 PM
Planar Protector

Kegz is far too fickle... we'll have 15% hotzone XP some days, 30% hotzone XP on weekends, today we'll do this, tomorrow we'll do that.

The server needs a faster rate of XP if people are going to stick around. Killing an even con orc (blowing most of my mana pool as a druid) at level 8-9 and getting 1% XP for it? I'll just sit and med another 99 times and I'll get a level...

Not keen. Promotional BS like the above mentioned is nice on one hand, but he's not dealing with the bigger picture.

(inb4 "omg stop whining about the xp"...the first rule about the XP on Sleeper is you don't talk about it, or people get [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.])
Old 04-15-2013, 07:26 PM
Large Bat

For all those whinners, play it for a week before you diss it. Give it time and slowly bugs and other things will be fixed. So far its actually similar to what p99 was when it was first released, but xp more tune to how classic was on live which is the only difference. Even though kunark and velious in, will give the player base and the development team time to fine tune things as players slowly make there way into them.

This way its actually will eventually bypass p99 in terms of development , whilst p99 will still be tuning velious beta or whatever with only 1-3 developers whilst sleepers will have 150+ players developing the content as they make there way through it.
Old 04-15-2013, 07:29 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
(inb4 "omg stop whining about the xp"...)
Close call [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-15-2013, 07:35 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Kegz is far too fickle... we'll have 15% hotzone XP some days, 30% hotzone XP on weekends, today we'll do this, tomorrow we'll do that.

The server needs a faster rate of XP if people are going to stick around. Killing an even con orc (blowing most of my mana pool as a druid) at level 8-9 and getting 1% XP for it? I'll just sit and med another 99 times and I'll get a level...

Not keen. Promotional BS like the above mentioned is nice on one hand, but he's not dealing with the bigger picture.

(inb4 "omg stop whining about the xp"...the first rule about the XP on Sleeper is you don't talk about it, or people get [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.])
Agree, he needs to quit with the random "today is a bonus day!" and just up the xp overall. Also, instead of all of these random hotzones, just make the noob zones hot zones that way 90 percent of the ppl that play on that server don't quit before lvl 4.
Closed Thread