Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-17-2013, 11:36 PM
Kobold

Genedin: ignore the forum PvP and play the game. If I let the forums guide my impressions of the server, I would never log on. If you play the actual server and remember that EQ is a game of social networking, you'll find friends to group with, relive some old adventures, and find that some people are very different in-game than on the forums.
Old 04-17-2013, 11:55 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

I thought you were level 31........
Old 04-17-2013, 11:56 PM
Fire Giant

when I first seen the subject I thought you meant anal sex. further investigation rendered my theory false.
Old 04-17-2013, 11:58 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by falkun [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There's the sleeper (epicemu.com) and EQClassic (eqclassic.org). However, Sleeper is horribly un-classic and EQClassic isn't even in Alpha testing yet, so you'll have to wait. There is a Live option, but that goes up through PoP, and that is EQMac (eqmac.com). P99/R99 is not all trash, and there is lots to be done outside the raid scene. Do not be lazy and wait for groups, be proactive and make your own. You'd be amazed what you can accomplish if you put your mind to it.
well said mate
Old 04-18-2013, 12:20 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genedin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Perhaps I played on a "rainbows and butterflies" server back in classic.

I played on tarrew-marr. The premier guild was "Engligtned Dark"

They were amazing, super elite, had the best items and spent all their time playing.

I had no illusions with my more casual play style I would never join that guild and that did not bother me.

On this same server I successfully organized and led a pick-up Naggy raid. How? Because the elite 1 or 2 guilds that ran the server didn't care about monopolizing ALL of the content. Also there was Velious by the time I was 50 so perhaps that will help in the future.

Thanks for all of the snide and immediately jumping to "this guy just wants to cry and get twinked" conclusions even though I never asked for a thing. That is classic.
I agree with most of the posts on here that the server isn't that hard to get established on, but I had to comment on this post. I've come to realize that Tarew Marr was indeed a rainbow and butterflies server. I played a druid there to 60 from release to beginning of Luclin. Enlightened Dark was the top guild on the server, but there was a plethora of lesser guilds that all did very well, and were able to get raid targets without the countless hours of poopsocking that goes on in P99. I think it helped that ED was more of a quality over quantity guild.

Sanctus Arcanum
Minions of Kaer Barr
Black Company
Clan of Shadows...

If you were in any of these guilds and more you were going to be doing Trak/VS/dragons in Kunark.

I was also part of numerous pick up Naggy/Vox raids on TM. Fun times.
Kill Mulder, we take the risk of turning one man's quest into a crusade.
Old 04-18-2013, 12:27 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuark [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've come to realize that Tarew Marr was indeed a rainbow and butterflies server. I played a druid there to 60 from release to beginning of Luclin. Enlightened Dark was the top guild on the server, but there was a plethora of lesser guilds that all did very well, and were able to get raid targets without the countless hours of poopsocking that goes on in P99. I think it helped that ED was more of a quality over quantity guild.
Tarew Marr was great to play on. I wonder why P99 has such a violently volatile end-game compared to TM? It worked wonderfully there, and there were plenty of guilds doing stuff. I don't recall ever encountering people that were overly upset about a missed raid or not getting something. Hell, I never had a problem getting my fear raid to complete my Shaman epic, and there was never any major competition for those golems. So what gives with this server? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Inb4 someone makes some remark about "Carebear Casuals wanting free loot / free dragons" (yes I'm aware that this will just instigate someone)
Odinty Treeguard - Level 58 Druid (Level 9)
Vmek Shadowsong - Level 51 Bard (Level 5)
Odibin Deathbearer - Level 36 Necromancer (Level 13)
Old 04-18-2013, 12:34 AM
Sarnak

deleted
Last edited by Cippofra; 04-18-2013 at 12:47 AM..
Old 04-18-2013, 04:01 AM
Sarnak

The most fun I have when I play is savoring the delicious morsel that is being a gnome enchanter =) I have been in a big raiding guild before and got some tasty pieces of gear, but that scene is not for me.
Old 04-18-2013, 06:08 AM
Planar Protector

Hell a Necro can't even wear a Fungi or need one. WTF. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Like you need a Haste item also??
Old 04-18-2013, 07:00 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genedin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
And what's the point of playing everquest if you cant show off a little.
Do you play a monk?
Closed Thread