Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-19-2013, 06:06 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genedin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I was so excited upon hearing about proj1999 through a random reddit post a few months ago.

I've been lvl 31 for 2 months now and can't muster the will to log back on. I really got back into EQ when i found out about this server, played a lot and then really lost heart out when I figured out everyone had millions of plat and just solo'd to 60 with a fungi tunic.

Everything I missed about EQ...the community, keeping up your reputation to get groups and make friends, trying hard to get rare items, and end game content... oh man how disappointed was I when i heard that it is all dominated by one guild so I didnt really have the option to jump into a naggy raid and fulfill my nostalgia....though I did learn the term "poop socking' which is fantastic.

Really wishing there was a server like this with a good pop but wasn't so old that everyone has 5 lvl 60's with millions of plat so I could be on the same level as others or at least somewhere close.

Are there any other severs out like this? I'm pretty sure this is my only real option but I'd love to hear if there is.

Spare me the "don't like it leave" or "don't be a cry baby" posts. I'm fully aware of the sentiments of the poop sock posse that frequents this message board.
That's what P99 is. Nothing new has happened for 2+ years, and the endgame has always been completely monopolized by one guild or another to such an extent that it has caused enough drama to make generations of GMs quit. P99 was in a pretty good place before Kunark, but eventually it just fell apart and turned into a server of two noteworthy guilds plus a lot of solo classes and twinks. People await Velious like it'll be some kind of saviour, but anyone with a clue will realize that that expansion will be the ultimate death sentence for this server since Velious content is the first great divide between poopsockers and the rest. It's when Everquest turns into a game where you are nothing if you don't raid, and this server's raiding environment has always been absolutely rotten to the core.
Last edited by Noselacri; 04-19-2013 at 06:09 AM..
Old 04-19-2013, 11:00 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noselacri [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That's what P99 is. Nothing new has happened for 2+ years, and the endgame has always been completely monopolized by one guild or another to such an extent that it has caused enough drama to make generations of GMs quit. P99 was in a pretty good place before Kunark, but eventually it just fell apart and turned into a server of two noteworthy guilds plus a lot of solo classes and twinks. People await Velious like it'll be some kind of saviour, but anyone with a clue will realize that that expansion will be the ultimate death sentence for this server since Velious content is the first great divide between poopsockers and the rest. It's when Everquest turns into a game where you are nothing if you don't raid, and this server's raiding environment has always been absolutely rotten to the core.
Please kill yourself and spare the rest of us your inconceivable stupidity
Old 04-19-2013, 05:36 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Safon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Please kill yourself and spare the rest of us your inconceivable stupidity
So yeah, that's a perfectly natural and acceptable reaction (outside of RNF), huh?

If you don't like what he has to say and can't be bothered to respond to it appropriately, why say anything at all? You'd at least spare us the headache of you flaming someone for their opinion on a public message board where people come to share their opinions and discuss things.

Besides, it's not as if he honestly doesn't have a point.
Odinty Treeguard - Level 58 Druid (Level 9)
Vmek Shadowsong - Level 51 Bard (Level 5)
Odibin Deathbearer - Level 36 Necromancer (Level 13)
Closed Thread