Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 07-09-2010, 12:12 AM
Orc

Default Nocte is fail.

So I gotta ask the community on this one. I'm pretty sure I was flat out disrespected here but maybe in my anger i'm just not looking at every ones view point.

The cleric in question is Nocte of <Divinity>. So Divinity, if you want to pass this along to the rest of the guild i'd appreciate it.

Here's how this goes down. Cleric joins the party, gets Clarity right away, we start doing pulls, business as usuall.

Business as usuall is when theres an add, I try to Entrance it, if it gets resisted I go for tash then entrance again. This unfortunetly gets down to the point where a second resist on a blue happens and the first kobold is dead so its time to kill this one anyway. With double resist agro I go for a root so I can back off, land it, start to run, and root insta breaks. Nothing left to do but try for another root and hope a heal lands before i'm dead.

Cleric who is resting, has over 50m, and absolutely no reason to not be healign the only person taking damage really since the tank mitigates just fine and can wait for a complete heal. Never stands up. Never starts casting a heal, the entire time i'm gonig through a tash, a root, and two entrance resists.

Blames it on technical difficulties. Screen went black, had to go to full screen then back to windowed to fix. Plays on a laptop with integrated chipset. Ok fair enough.

I'm bound in WC and i'm running back. No SoW since druid rings were empty and I don't feel like going all the way out to EC Tunnel for once. I dont' even zone into EC before Nocte starts sending me tells.

Are you comming back?
Really need you back here.
Are you going to get here soon?
Do you need me to find a replacement?
We need you to mes adds, we can't pull with enchanter.

I'm trying to stay patient but this jack ass just got me killed and is now flat out harassing me while i'm full run back to SolB. I started sending him replies.

You've got clarity and haste for another 15 minutes you can pull without me.
You don't need me there for pulls just have the wizard root and the monk split pulls. Monk can offtank if he has too.
Stop bugging me, you just got me killed and really need to stp harassing me about CR.
If you didn't want me gone this long maybe you shouldn't have killed me.
Seriously, shut the fuck up and stop harassing me, i'll get there as soon as I can for christ sakes.

Of couse, Hastley had been group leader all this time but for some reason had given it to Nocte. So what happens?

This is the part where things become all to clear.

He didn't accidently get me killed.
He wasn't harassing me because I was taking a long time or died on purpose.

The whole reason all this went on, clearly, was because he had a friend Enchanter he wanted to join him in the group. And he knew all he had to do was get me killed, tell the group I wasn't comming back, then disband the entire party and invite his friend and everyone else he wanted. (Oh and by the way, everone in the group started sending me tells asking me if I was returning). As soon as I zoned into Lavastorm, party was down to just me and Nocte, at which point he booted me and took over my party and my camp.

So you guys tell me, is this legitimate game play. Am I reading to much into this, did he just really wait until I got pissed off at his bullshit before he decided to replace me with no party consent? Or am I right and he clearly did all this intentionally?

At any rate, intentional or not, he has no right to take over my party and i'm equally apalled by the people who stood by him and refused to reform with another healer. Demondred, Hastley, Riphen, and Hydralisk.

*Notes*
Demondred is fail as MT, the guys 41 and still using Lariats without any ability to hold agro. Invite him for xp penalty free DPS only.

Riphen is an awesome puller.

Hastley needs to learn how to find replacements, going from a 43 cap party to a 48 cap party cause he was too lazy to find a real replacement cleric or just a simple druid or shammy who is high enough to handle the job is pretty lazy. I could have hit 39 a lot sooner if Qdew hadn't gotten the job.

Qdew is an idiot. No you cannot break a charmed pet by using /pet get lost. It does not work for charmed pets on any class, not for druid charms, not for bard charms, not necro charms. Perdiod, end of story. I happily tested it for you to prove you wrong when you wouldn't listen to me, you made a fucking ass of yourself by continuing to argue with me about it after i'd already tested your idiotic theory.

I'm just really disappointed in how people behaved today. From the idiots who start arguments just to get a rise out of people, to the dicks thing I don't cast clarity on myself before them and therefor need to be told ever time it starts fading that its wearing off. Hello? MINE BLINKS BEFORE YOURS IDIOTS.

Ok I think i'm done ranting.

God I love this forum, makes me feel a lot better to get all this off my chest.
Old 07-09-2010, 12:36 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

So the whole group sucked but you? Seems like that maybe you're a little too low of a level to be CCing in BnB if you're getting resisted so much, brah. It also tells you a little something if everyone takes the "other side" over your side. Shit happens in the game, suck it up, answer the questions and get back in the zone. It sounds like you were raging and just started calling everyone a moron and incompetent. You're the one that died, remember?
"People that are positive and help others make me want to finally turn completely to the dark side. Just like those girls in high school with the 5.1 gpa and all of their free time spent with old people. Those girls are what we call "car wreckbait", because they always get killed by drunk drivers right after graduation. So always aim low in life, because God hates perfect people. "

Dezibelle: 50 HIE Cleric
Old 07-09-2010, 12:37 AM
Sarnak

ocol yrsto obr
Old 07-09-2010, 12:42 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by yongie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So the whole group sucked but you? Seems like that maybe you're a little too low of a level to be CCing in BnB if you're getting resisted so much, brah. It also tells you a little something if everyone takes the "other side" over your side. Shit happens in the game, suck it up, answer the questions and get back in the zone. It sounds like you were raging and just started calling everyone a moron and incompetent. You're the one that died, remember?
Royals, actually. I was at window and caught some of the hate spam.
"People that are positive and help others make me want to finally turn completely to the dark side. Just like those girls in high school with the 5.1 gpa and all of their free time spent with old people. Those girls are what we call "car wreckbait", because they always get killed by drunk drivers right after graduation. So always aim low in life, because God hates perfect people. "

Dezibelle: 50 HIE Cleric
Old 07-09-2010, 01:13 AM
Fire Giant

Here's the thing, since most people in this game are getting plvled up to around 35ish nowadays, most people don't know how to play their fucking class and decide to just blame it on others. That's how it is these days. The real idiots begin to surface when they have to group in SolB, Lguk etc...

Seriously, every time I see a fucking thread like this OH MYGOD THEY HAD 14 PEOPLE ITS OUR MOB LOL OURS OURS OURS YESSS I just want to fucking deathtouch the entire guild and despawn the mob.
Old 07-09-2010, 01:15 AM
Fire Giant

best bed time story ever! good night world
Old 07-09-2010, 01:24 AM
Fire Giant

Sounds to me like Quitis is fail.
Old 07-09-2010, 01:35 AM
Sarnak

Send a message via AIM to Ihealyou

I usually get into fights with the whole group when I group too!

Wait, I lied. It sounds like someone needs a nap though.

Uuur - Your favorite Master +1 cleric <LifeAlert>
Rockwell - Your favorite 30 virgin <Aspen and Rockwell>
Old 07-09-2010, 01:51 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quitis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hastley needs to learn how to find replacements, going from a 43 cap party to a 48 cap party cause he was too lazy to find a real replacement cleric or just a simple druid or shammy who is high enough to handle the job is pretty lazy. I could have hit 39 a lot sooner if Qdew hadn't gotten the job.
I am a little confused by this section of your rant. Honestly if you dont like who i get for a replacement you could take some initiative and look for replacements instead of relying upon me to do all the work. While its not a challenge to find replacements, in this case, the cleric (qdrew) was level appropriate. 99.95 percent of the time the replacements i find are what is currently available on a low population emulated server.

If i have to pick between slower exp or no exp due to a level range gap i will always pick slower exp. If you cant deal with that, the options are simple find someone that meets your criteria or leave.

With that said ive not disrespected you in any way. Neither in group or in tells so quite frankly you seem to rub quite a few people the wrong way. I dont let it bother me because honestly who cares about some guy wanting to flaunt is "superiority complex" in every group hes in. You are not always right and more often than not people are complaining about your attitude in whispers.

Summarily, unless you put forth the effort to find replacements you have no grounds for complaint. You were still getting some experience. If it wasnt enough for you, you could find a group that has a more rewarding exp margin based on group comp. After 12 hours of finding replacements i got tired. I passed on the responsibility.
Old 07-09-2010, 02:00 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quitis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I am a little confused by this section of your rant. Honestly if you dont like who i get for a replacement you could take some initiative and look for replacements instead of relying upon me to do all the work. While its not a challenge to find replacements, in this case, the cleric (qdrew) was level appropriate. 99.95 percent of the time the replacements i find are what is currently available on a low population emulated server.

If i have to pick between slower exp or no exp due to a level range gap i will always pick slower exp. If you cant deal with that, the options are simple find someone that meets your criteria or leave.

With that said ive not disrespected you in any way. Neither in group or in tells so quite frankly you seem to rub quite a few people the wrong way. I dont let it bother me because honestly who cares about some guy wanting to flaunt is "superiority complex" in every group hes in. You are not always right and more often than not people are complaining about your attitude in whispers.

Summarily, unless you put forth the effort to find replacements you have no grounds for complaint. You were still getting some experience. If it wasnt enough for you, you could find a group that has a more rewarding exp margin based on group comp. After 12 hours of finding replacements i got tired. I passed on the responsibility.
Closed Thread