Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-15-2013, 11:09 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoWaiJ [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
level 1 race across norrath. players could start, for example, humans in qeynos and have a race to highkeep. it would be fairly dangerous and time consuming. no gear or buffs allowed of course. shorter and more dangerous situations could be though of no doubt.
I like it. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-15-2013, 12:14 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by webrunner5 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I like it. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I like the race ideas a lot. I just have not figured out how to keep people from cheating. Even with a guide to help us I am not sure we could ensure someone didnt buff their lvl 1 buddy mid race or port him closer to the finish line.
Old 04-15-2013, 12:50 PM
Planar Protector

Level 1 King of the Mountain PVP in Kelethin might be fun.
Old 04-15-2013, 01:30 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by citizen1080 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I like the race ideas a lot. I just have not figured out how to keep people from cheating. Even with a guide to help us I am not sure we could ensure someone didnt buff their lvl 1 buddy mid race or port him closer to the finish line.
You know it is just crazy to think you have to make anything you do anymore "Cheat Proof". What a goofy world we live in now. Scary as hell. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-29-2013, 07:50 AM
Sarnak

Some good ideas here id like to hear more ideas because i plan on running some events in the future. Btw bob how did u get last name the broker? Titles arent allowed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirken View Post
Dont forget im damaged goods now
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirken View Post
Nobody is perfect, including the staff.
Old 04-29-2013, 08:56 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoWaiJ [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
level 1 race across norrath. players could start, for example, humans in qeynos and have a race to highkeep. it would be fairly dangerous and time consuming. no gear or buffs allowed of course. shorter and more dangerous situations could be though of no doubt.
This is a popular one. It was done on Venril Sathir (EU server) and quite successful, except they made us run from Qeynos to Freeport. The sneakiness is the problem though, and the lengths people will go to will depend on the prize.

Offer a FBSS, and watch every possible trick in the book being used.

Offer 500pp, and you've got a fun lowbie event where most of the veterans will either play properly (I'd like to think, for a smaller prize) or not bother doing it.

Stipulatons could include not being able to be anonymous, making everyone the same race/deity combo (that can only be started from Qeynos...monk?), and having a few referees with see invis posted in NK/WC/South Ro/Feerott/Lavastorm/Nektulos/North Ro etc at wizard/druid locations. Not fun work but probably necessary.

Make each character register with the organiser before the race starts with a tell (or just by listing down names in Qeynos before it gets going). Then anyone else who turns up claiming to have won, who hasn't sent that tell beforehand...is technically not part of the event [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Have some runners/observers invis and following the leaders? If someone darts past or catches up to the leading pack with a sow its going to be obvious.

Also, if doing to Freeport, its worth considering a ban on taking the Rathe Mountains route to keep the course fair.

Have a well buffed Lvl 1 run the course before the event, to determine an approximate legitimate time.

Just a few thoughts, trustworthy volunteers certainly required.
Old 04-29-2013, 10:39 AM
Banned

Wouldn't everyone arrive right around the same time? depending on loading times and how quick you were to hit run right when it started
Old 04-29-2013, 11:30 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emphase [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wouldn't everyone arrive right around the same time? depending on loading times and how quick you were to hit run right when it started
I imagine most, if not all, would die at least once [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Freeport to Qeynos would not be an easy run for a level 1
Old 04-29-2013, 12:24 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by India [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I imagine most, if not all, would die at least once [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Freeport to Qeynos would not be an easy run for a level 1
Highpass (orcs and gnolls blocking the road) and West Commons (Small zone with decent mob density) would probably be the only hard parts of such a race. The karanas, Qeynos Hills, and EC are all either well guarded by NPCs or have such a low mob density that you'd have a hard time getting aggro unless a werewolf in WK took interest in you. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Odinty Treeguard - Level 58 Druid (Level 9)
Vmek Shadowsong - Level 51 Bard (Level 5)
Odibin Deathbearer - Level 36 Necromancer (Level 13)
Old 04-29-2013, 12:34 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by citizen1080 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Red Race

Everyone turns in books at the start or they arent eligible
Must finish red
no blues can buff or heal them plus it would add to the danger of high levels turning in their books to gank noobies racing.

High reward needs a high risk!

Oh yea .... Piss Off.

H
Closed Thread