Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

View Poll Results: Put an end to account buying and selling?
Yes 273 70.18%
No 116 29.82%
Voters: 389. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 04-30-2013, 12:19 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gel Mibson [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
some people want to enjoy the endgame without having the time to grind 100+ hours to get to level 60.
I want to be able to die and not lose exp, but that's not how EverQuest works. If you want a level 60 character with good gear, you should have to put the time in, not the plat.
Old 04-30-2013, 12:19 PM
Aviak

It seems a very large majority of the server would like to see account selling / trading put to a halt somehow, and for that I applaud the community!

There are a few posts listing some very compelling agruments as to why this needs to take place for the overall betterment of the server. As a whole and I agree with all of them! Most specifically, the reputation arguments. The fact that it took a considerable amount of time to level meant that your reputation was exceedingly valuble. Messing it up intentionally or being underhanded almost always led to the shunning of said individual, and the community itself behaved better to avoid being shunned themselves. What better way to save our caretakers time than by making it easier to police ourselves?!

To the person who made the argument stating "I've leveled to 60 three times already and shouldn't have to do it again": you sir are rediculous. You don't want to level to 60 a 4th time? Fine. Then DON'T DO IT! Using your massive plat bank as a means to forgo the intended time sink in leveling is certainly not what Verant (or hardly any other players back then) had in mind. Might I suggest getting some sun, or perhaps working on your career. I know this is supposed to be classic EQ but I'm pretty sure that doesn't mean you should move back in to your mother's basement and play 14 hours a day.
Old 04-30-2013, 01:08 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by orsk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How would this in any way be enforced it will just go underground and still happen. Good idea.
I'd imagine that they're not going to talk about their plans to enforce this, much like their process for hunting down plat sellers and buyers that went so well recently.

http://www.project1999.org/forums/sh...2&postcount=76
Old 04-30-2013, 01:13 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The 70% yes vote on this poll says otherwise.
thats 70% of the sample size who actually cared enough to vote. This probably represents 35% of the total forum member population which totals to roughly 25% of the total emu population, representing <5% of total player population.
Old 04-30-2013, 01:15 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gel Mibson [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
thats 70% of the sample size who actually cared enough to vote. This probably represents 35% of the total forum member population which totals to roughly 25% of the total emu population, roughly representing <10% of total player population.
And the only votes that matter (server staff) have been tallied in favor of ending account trading.
Old 04-30-2013, 01:19 PM
Sarnak

What is the difference between buying a level 40 account for 30k or paying someone 30k to pl you to 40?

I think the real problem is that people have had time at this point to obtain tons of level 60 raid geared accounts to park all over the place and there is no real fix to that problem. If you were to ban account selling then the same people would just set up massive pl farms to level accounts to meet the same end result.

If anything, selling accounts helps distribute wealth. Anyone can go level to 50+, get some planar gear and then sell their account for 60k+. To some people that might be a better/more enjoyable way to make money than camping crypt/fungi days on end.
Old 04-30-2013, 01:35 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
thats 70% of the sample size who actually cared enough to vote. This probably represents 35% of the total forum member population which totals to roughly 25% of the total emu population, representing <5% of total player population.
Many studies use a sample size of 500-1000 people (or even less than that) to come to a scientific or psychological conclusion that then end up in university text books and officially recognized scholarly journals that are then peer reviewed. In a world population of several billion.

What is your point?
Odinty Treeguard - Level 58 Druid (Level 9)
Vmek Shadowsong - Level 51 Bard (Level 5)
Odibin Deathbearer - Level 36 Necromancer (Level 13)
Old 04-30-2013, 01:44 PM
Planar Protector

one less thing for people to spend riches on. people have literally millions of plat and your going to fake out fhe biggest plat sink / redistribution?

fungi for 150k anyone? when people know that others have millions theyll jack prices and theyll sell because what else are they going to spend it on?

Oh yea .... Piss Off.

H
Old 04-30-2013, 01:49 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhambuk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
one less thing for people to spend riches on. people have literally millions of plat and your going to fake out fhe biggest plat sink / redistribution?

fungi for 150k anyone? when people know that others have millions theyll jack prices and theyll sell because what else are they going to spend it on?
Circulating existing money is not a sink.
Old 04-30-2013, 01:49 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormhowl [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Many studies use a sample size of 500-1000 people (or even less than that) to come to a scientific or psychological conclusion that then end up in university text books and officially recognized scholarly journals that are then peer reviewed. In a world population of several billion.

What is your point?
At the same time I dont think I'd value someone from Siberia voting on a P99 poll because they likely dont play here [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Sorry to split hairs [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread