Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

View Poll Results: Put an end to account buying and selling?
Yes 273 70.18%
No 116 29.82%
Voters: 389. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 05-01-2013, 04:20 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkingturtle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This whole argument boils down to sour grapes. People get jealous when they see others spending more plat than they themselves have, and accumulating things they can't have. Maybe you indigent folks should play the game as it is rather than demanding changes simply because you can't control your own greed impulses.
Wait what?

Really? You're going with this? Really!?
What is your basis for your claim that all people who don't approve of account buying/selling are just a bunch of greedy children who can't handle their own greedy impulses?

I can already tell you that you're wrong on at least one count. And I'm willing to bet money that I'm not the only one who disapproves of it for reasons you seem to be willfully excluding from your counter "argument".
Odinty Treeguard - Level 58 Druid (Level 9)
Vmek Shadowsong - Level 51 Bard (Level 5)
Odibin Deathbearer - Level 36 Necromancer (Level 13)
Old 05-01-2013, 08:41 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nihilist_santa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ok so people use one zone to pl in and suddenly Norrath becomes nothing but bards and druids taking every mob in every noob zone? Give me a break talk about grasping at straws. It sounds to me like the only people in support of account trades and sales are people who don't want to play the game (level up a character). At least PL services are a legitimate and classic use of game time and plat unlike selling accounts. Also have you considered those getting PL in unrest might be doing so to profit from account sales?
youd really rather see plvlers than account sales? its going to more than unrest its going to be unrest, hhk, mm, kk, etc etc etc... sure not all the time but the second a druid and a noob walk into that zone it FUCKS everyone else there over. I dont care ive leveled before, it just sucks for new players trying to level because shit now they have to go around the world to a diff zone because this guy wants to plvl.

End account sales i dont care ive done mine and i have what i want, but you people thinking its going to help are dead wrong.

Dead Wrong

Oh yea .... Piss Off.

H
Old 05-01-2013, 08:49 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadwen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What research do you have that backs up your statement about a good portion of the voters not even playing the game? Please cite source.
Dunno how well versed you are in the forum community, but a lot of them are trolls who:

1. don't even play
2. post on multiple forum accounts
Old 05-01-2013, 08:50 AM
Kobold

account selling results in people no longer making toons and thus no longer playing low or mid level zones.
I like a server where crushbone, splitpaw, upper guk, CoM, blackburrow, or the karanas are still populated...Not a server where 80% of the crowd thrives in KC / seb / SolB or lguk...
Old 05-01-2013, 08:53 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhambuk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
End account sales i dont care ive done mine and i have what i want, but you people thinking its going to help are dead wrong.
It won't be stopped just like RMT won't be stopped nor MQ/SEQ, but that doesn't mean you can't make gains on these fronts.

Account sales happened on live, but they most certainly didn't happen as openly nor as frequently as they do here. It was incredibly rare, in fact.

There are other aspects of this server that have a much bigger impact on the vast majority of players that aren't, but should be classic. Mobs not aggroing on pop is annoying as shit, the variance sucks balls, and corners/walls not breaking aggro (mostly social aggro) has been both frustrating and hilarious. Banning account sales would only make them as rare as they were on live and further the 'classicness' of Pee-nai-nai. But if you want to bring up the "it's not classic" argument, then you'd do well to look at the more glaring contradictions here.
Last edited by Skope; 05-01-2013 at 08:55 AM..
Old 05-01-2013, 09:07 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by raff01 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
account selling results in people no longer making toons and thus no longer playing low or mid level zones.
I like a server where crushbone, splitpaw, upper guk, CoM, blackburrow, or the karanas are still populated...Not a server where 80% of the crowd thrives in KC / seb / SolB or lguk...
I agree but banning account sales isnt going to help that, the people that buy accounts have done their leveling multiple times, its not like if they cant buy an account theyre going to make a lvl 1 and level it.

banning sales will only increase powerleveling HURTING those lower level zones and new players. account sale ban will have detrimental affects, and i honestly dont see any plus at this point.

Oh yea .... Piss Off.

H
Old 05-01-2013, 09:15 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by raff01 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Been in Oasis lately?
Old 05-01-2013, 09:16 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhambuk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I agree but banning account sales isnt going to help that, the people that buy accounts have done their leveling multiple times, its not like if they cant buy an account theyre going to make a lvl 1 and level it.

banning sales will only increase powerleveling HURTING those lower level zones and new players. account sale ban will have detrimental affects, and i honestly dont see any plus at this point.
Don't agree. Some will indeed do like you said and will resort to powerleveling.
But only the dire hard nerds.
Banning account sales is like banning guns. Countries where guns are banned still have people getting shot, but sure don't have as much as 1 ppl shot every minute like in the US.
Don't know if my point makes any sense...
Old 05-01-2013, 09:19 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:

Like I said to the last person to run with this idea. How is half the server eventually owning a 50+ druid going to be any different? Why keep buying characters when you can PL your own with a friend? As it is now there is a HUGE incentive to PL characters just to sell them, and I would go out on a limb to say that a good portion of those players would never bother with those characters if they didn't think it was going to make them rich selling it.
Old 05-01-2013, 09:22 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadwen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Like I said to the last person to run with this idea. How is half the server eventually owning a 50+ druid going to be any different? Why keep buying characters when you can PL your own with a friend? As it is now there is a HUGE incentive to PL characters just to sell them, and I would go out on a limb to say that a good portion of those players would never bother with those characters if they didn't think it was going to make them rich selling it.
Ill agree that getting rid of sales will get rid of some of the rampant pling which may make things better for groups. I didnt take into account the people that plvl toons to sell /duh

I just dont want to see the exping get any harder for legitimate players as it is, personally id rather buy an account than spend a week plvling call it lazy but i dont like pulling an entire zone and starving a legitimate group out of exp.

Oh yea .... Piss Off.

H
Closed Thread