Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 04-24-2013, 07:10 PM
Planar Protector

Interesting, no sense in going above 183 for STR then?
Old 04-25-2013, 05:23 PM
Sarnak

Well it would seem there is a reason if you don't have a shaman constantly buffing you
Old 05-01-2013, 11:26 PM
Orc

All dex
Old 05-04-2013, 12:53 PM
Kobold

resists, stamina, hps... dead rogues do zero DPS, str is by far the easiest stat to max out for any class and you should be getting uber shaman buffs anyways if you are doing important shit like raiding, so str really isnt as important at lvl 60 as it is while lvling up
Old 05-11-2013, 11:44 PM
Planar Protector

Basically you want 180ish STR. More is nice, but wasted if you have a shaman around. STA is not as hugely important as people make it out to be. Know the 200 WIS / INT cap? For rogues, at the very least, we get very little hp per sta after the 115 mark. Raw hp is much better for surviving after that point. You want as much HP as possible, simply because you won't resist every AoE. Doesn't stop you from trying. I have way less hp than other rogues on the server. I survive practically every encounter due to a really nice resist set.

Raiding Rogues should have:
Epic / Seb Dirk or better, like EoN or VP. Ratio is the only factor in "better" for offhands.
180+ STR
115+ STA
+++ HP
+++ Resists. Mainly MR and PR for this content. FR/CR will be MUCH more important in Velious. Aim for as close as you can get to 200 for everything. I'm 180+ MR/FR/CR, 160+ PR, and 130+ DR. Very hard to kill.

And as far as 41% haste goes... bleh. I really doubt that's going to make any significant impact on your parses. There is 2 out there, sky belt with horrible stats and grey suede boots which are in the you'll never ever ever get those category for almost everyone.
Last edited by Cecily; 05-11-2013 at 11:48 PM..
Old 05-12-2013, 11:41 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecily [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
And as far as 41% haste goes... bleh. I really doubt that's going to make any significant impact on your parses. There is 2 out there, sky belt with horrible stats and grey suede boots which are in the you'll never ever ever get those category for almost everyone.
Isn't the rog epic 41% worn haste? I always assumed another worn haste item on a rog was kind of a waste since they won't stack.
Old 05-13-2013, 08:08 AM
Planar Protector

It's 40. That's why I say there isn't much benefit from freaking out over the extra 1%. What's really nice beyond the haste is the +40 atk effect. I'm pretty certain rogues won't be able to get rid of epic in Velious simply because the attack boost is so important. I wanna say Luclin was the time period that could happen (1500 atk was the benchmark).
Closed Thread