Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 04-11-2010, 06:18 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otto [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wasn't bad, not a huge fan tho
Grabbed this (Maudite) on a whim last night, enjoyed the shit out of it. I will, however, always be a stout/porter man.
Old 07-11-2010, 09:54 PM
Aviak

/rez
Lots of good beers posted here I'm happy to see. I've got a few that were skipped tho, so I'll add 'em [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

ESBs are my all-time favorite beer, but they have to come out of a keg for the real experience. The Beer Shrine up near Bellingham, WA does an in-house ESB kegged with nitro that's honestly the BEST beer I have ever tasted. Hale's also does a good ESB, and their cream ale is wtfgood.

For bottled beers I like IPAs. Stone brewery makes a good one call Ruination that you can find pretty easily in a well-stocked grocery store. Best IPA I've had tho is the Jasmine IPA by the Seattle-based Elysian Brewery, but it's hard to find if you don't live in the area.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I also love a good porter with the dark beer taste but the crisp, light mouthfeel of a lighter beer. I'm not a big fan of stouts with the exception of Guiness since it has a lighter taste and nice creamy texture. The best porters I've had have been in local microbreweries - Elysian, Hale's, Georgetown, and others, but Deschutes' Black Butte Porter is an excellent option that is widely available.

Any homebrewers out there? I've been doing it for a while, it's a good time. Would love to get licensed and do some minor distribution to a local brewpub or two but it's a lot of red tape.
Old 07-11-2010, 10:36 PM
Fire Giant

Yes! you /rezed the beer thread lol

Ruination sounds/looks pretty bad ass. although i dont think i could find that by me [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I had this amazing "Oyster" stout a few weeks ago but the stupid bartender didnt know the name of it. ive been trying to find ever since.
Old 07-11-2010, 10:43 PM
Banned

Beer snob, reporting in!
Old 07-11-2010, 10:43 PM
Aviak

<3 Beer

Lol I saw you posted Grolsch in the OP Spud. Awesome stuff! I went on a huge Grolsch kick when I first started brewing because the bottles are so cool and easy to re-use.
Old 07-11-2010, 10:44 PM
Aviak

Good stuff Itchy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] I love Dogfish Head, can't believe I forgot to mention it in my post!
Old 07-11-2010, 10:47 PM
Fire Giant

I'm not a huge fan of beer, but I do love me some Blue Moon with a big slice of orange. I will drink an icy cold Fat Tire if pressed. That Motherbrew Wit by New Belgium which was posted earlier looks like something I need to find and try.

I also dig a Corona with a healthy shot of Bacardi Limon poured in and shaken slightly. mmmm mmm

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Z
Old 07-11-2010, 10:53 PM
Aviak

Quote:
I'm not a huge fan of beer...

Quote:
I also dig a Corona with a healthy shot of Bacardi Limon poured in and shaken slightly. mmmm mmm
This sounds pretty awesome, gonna have to try it. Red Stripe mixed 50/50 with Ginger Ale is pretty much the shit as well. Good for a BBQ on a hot day; can drink em all day long without getting totally blotto'd.
Old 07-11-2010, 11:02 PM
Planar Protector

You malt liquor fans will ove this site!

http://www.40ozmaltliquor.com/40ozarchive.html

The reviews are hilarious!
Old 07-11-2010, 11:28 PM
Aviak

Closed Thread