Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-06-2013, 07:36 PM
Sarnak

I'm sure this is a completely irrelevant contribution, and is not relevent...but:

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/foru...374056245&h=50

This describes how to use the old spell effects on EQLive. I tried this and it works very well. All the old effects work perfectly. This may be a server side thing, which of course we have no control of here.

Just a thought - not sure if this helps anyone reverse engineer anything.
Old 05-06-2013, 07:36 PM
Large Bat

I just wanna say that a lit of the spell effects.are too flashy I believe. Like the level 4 mez looks like a level 50 one. Sorry if this has already been discussed
Old 05-06-2013, 08:01 PM
Sarnak

Send a message via AIM to Furinex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tekman [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I just wanna say that a lit of the spell effects.are too flashy I believe. Like the level 4 mez looks like a level 50 one. Sorry if this has already been discussed
no actually, this is correct. the mezz before 24 looks insane. It looks like the 39 version. Good information, we need this compiled.
Old 05-06-2013, 08:23 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by azxten [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Here is a shitty picture showing what was in my notes. There appears to be 3 sections.

A "name" area that is just for organization, you can change it and it does nothing in game.

A "casting" effect section, note that there are 4 effects for this spell in the casting section. Green left, green right, orange left, orange right. The first two are green left, green right and they have 0 in their effect level slot. The next two are orange left, orange right which have 27 in their effect level slot.

This 27 should actually be 18. In hex, 18 = 24, 27 = 39. If you look at the hex there is a lot more blank space after these 4 effects which is why I think it should have been possible to add more effects. However, if I copy paste one of the previous effect lines it doesn't work.

3C 01, 3D 01 in the "casting" effects sectio is the type of particle effect to use.

04, 05, 04, 05 is the origin slot. 4 is left hand, 5 is right hand.

Also effect 1 in my picture should be "green" since its really 2 effects, same for "orange" which is 2 effects. 1 per hand.

Try to keep in mind that this hex is really just one long line and the hex editor wraps it for you. Everything goes left to right.

Also looking at the "target" effect block...

There are 4 effects, green circle, orange circle, blue circle, blue circle radiating out instead of in.

40 = green
41 = blue
3E = blue
3F = orange

02 = origin, center on caster for all

0 = levels effects show up

Hopefully this clears it up. If we can figure out how to fit more than 4 effects in a single "casting" block we would be able to make the classic shielding effects.

Alternatively you can set the hex directly below FA C4 in spellsnew.edd for NPCAegolismV2 S1-2 to 1 in any of those 4 slots it will cause the particles to be much brighter and also apparently causes the orange particles to look green somewhat. This might be a potential hack work around where we could do that then set NPCAegolism S1-1 to be the blue particle effect. I guess you'd actually want to swap the two effects as well after making these changes.

Of course, then at level 1 you would have orange and green particles but at least then at 39 everything would look classic.

First of all, Bravo on all your work, this is sick. Secondly, I was able to get my casting shield to go Green / orange at 24. Which is perfect. However, the way you described the target effects istn working for me. if what you say above holds true about 41=blue and 3E= blue then these effects should already be working properly according to your spell file and mine, however, at 24, on p99, this isnt true. My druid, is 24 and he can cast with Green/Orange but it lands Green/Blue.
Old 05-06-2013, 08:25 PM
Developer

Looks like the hand effects for the buff spell never had the blue particles coded separately. This effect is broken for eqmac server for all players and nobody can figure out what's wrong. I would assume there is something more complex that was supposed to happen to the orange particles at level 39 that no longer works.
Old 05-06-2013, 08:36 PM
Developer

I remember playing around with the four digit effect values and changing them from 3D 01 to 3D 02 for example changed the effect
Old 05-06-2013, 08:37 PM
Sarnak

Ok so I made some progress.

3E is Orange
3F is Blue
41 is the AFTER EFFECT, AFTER it HITS you. Here's some examples... First my Hex file:

Now here's me casting:

Here's the spell hitting me:

Here's the after effect, where it hits me, from Outwards to inwards... (then hits me..) then bounces back outwards:

Notice in the hex picture, at the bottom, you'll see i have 41 as 18. I was working through my theroy that you had it slightly backwards, and found that the 41 area was a totally different part of the spell phase. There are now... 3 phases to spell casting. Initial Casting. Target Hit. After Effect.
Last edited by Furinex; 05-06-2013 at 08:41 PM..
Old 05-06-2013, 08:41 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Particle colours are out of whack as well... "back in the day" a Lvl 1 casting shield type spells (Skin Like Wood, Minor Shielding etc) would just be casting green.

At 24 (iirc) this would go up to green/(yellow/orange).

At 39 (iirc) this would go up to green/(yellow/orange)/blue.

You could always tell the pro players buffing people in Greater Faydark by some of their spell particles.

Not limited to shields either, extra strands of particles seemed to be added to the slow/tashan effects and the intensity of nuke effects. The shields I'm 100% on, the others...were they definitely pre-Kunark or added later?
QFT.

Also I beleive the non buff spells (DD's, dots, Life-Taps, Grim aura,de-buffs etc) had a change in complexity as well at 24/39+. It could be higher as well although I think it is in line with lvl 24/39 enhancements with other spells.

Bolt spells are incorrect, do no collide with the target in it's path, and do not have the massive distance.

Do pets still eat a rain spell tick?
Old 05-06-2013, 09:15 PM
Sarnak

I changed the orange effect to the Druid Dot line 1-23 part effect. It had a nice green and blue effect, much like the classic. I tried putting that effect hex in the line below it where the 3rd effect is supposed to trigger and nothing. I couldnt get this to have 3 total casting effects.
Old 05-06-2013, 09:25 PM
Sarnak

Here's is my progress thus far. This fixes shielding spells up to level 24 for the casting anumations and completely fixes it for the target hits for the correct level. Green 1-23, green/orange from 24-38 and green/orange/blue from 39-60. We still need to figure out how to give the 3rd effect to these spells at 39 and then we can just add anything that uses spela2.tga as the "Blue diamonds" this is gonna be hacked together anyways, but it will look pretty decent I think.
Attached Files
File Type: zip spellsnew.zip (77.5 KB, 4 views)