Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-14-2013, 02:14 PM
Banned

Default Yellow text messages: Brainstorm

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As I said, it will likely be rudimentary to begin with. You guys are welcome to brainstorm some ideas for future patches.

I think killing sprees would be cool.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pudge [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The more I think about this, the harder I get. Custom messages based on what class killed the victim? Maybe text based on how fast someone died? ("After a long and tiresome battle, X has finally been slain by Y in zone Z" vs "X just got obliterated by Y in Z!" Many be messages incorporating how many players did damage to the victim? "X just got ganked by <guild name, if all ppl in the same guild> in Z"

I remember on another box the messages were different but random, it would really be cool if there were custom messages. Then again, I know this is probably just a fantasy but.. Nilbog you have set my mind free, I can dream again...
What sort of messages should we get when we kill people, according to the circumstances in which player died?

For the record, still think kill shouldnt show location! Maybe "somewhere in Antonica" lol

Or dont wanna load the dice too much here, is a msg after each death too much?
Old 05-14-2013, 02:19 PM
Banned

Don't put it in game, it will just turn ooc into even more of a shit show.

I'd have a map of Norrath maybe and show hot spots for a given day along with kill logs.
Old 05-14-2013, 02:26 PM
Banned

Text that's yellow and says who slain who
Old 05-14-2013, 02:27 PM
Banned

Text that's blue and says who kill which dragon
Old 05-14-2013, 03:25 PM
Sarnak

Allow each class to track, and to make up for gimping ranger/druid/bard allow them to MQ.
Old 05-14-2013, 04:46 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Don't put it in game, it will just turn ooc into even more of a shit show.

I'd have a map of Norrath maybe and show hot spots for a given day along with kill logs.
Personally i didnt give a shit for it either way, just i think if its put in, it shouldnt show the location of the kill to keep it classic-ish.

Im willing to see how it fares, Nilbog says its a trial basis anyway, if it gets spammy, maybe have a command to turn in off?

You can turn off /ooc as well. Frankly i dont think OOC is that bad, although i havent been on for that much since 2 months ago.
Old 05-14-2013, 04:58 PM
Fire Giant

if there's some type of NPC and/or player assistance in the actual kill, that would be nice to mention.

[ANONYMOUS] dip|o the Conjurer
Last edited by diplo; 05-14-2013 at 05:07 PM..
Old 05-14-2013, 05:01 PM
Sarnak

I think it would be cool if there was an assist/tagging system, but that might be hard to code. Like, whoever did damage or assisted in someone's death, gets reflected in PvP YT.

I'd bet 75% of yt would look like this:

<Guy> of <Guild> has been slain in Sebilis by <Soandso>, <Soandso2>, and <Soandso3>
Old 05-14-2013, 05:17 PM
Banned

Yellow Text needs to show who killed who and the corresponding guilds. No assist, only kill shot. Location is a huge plus, forces the killer to make the choice if the juice is worth the squeeze and therefor pay for his sins.
Old 05-14-2013, 05:43 PM
Banned

this thread leaking grease and obesity
Closed Thread