Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 05-16-2013, 01:13 PM
Fire Giant

Default Falling Damage/Safe Fall

Just wondering, has mechanics changed lately? Like 2 days ago i noticed as monk taking almost same dmg as other people without safe falling when i jump some pit, while before that i could just jump a pit and feel like doing acrobatics and 0 dmg. Sometimes aside from that i felt like i was falling slower like i had a semi levitate and take no dmg too, is that the normal game mechanics or im just getting crazy?

EDIT: HAD WINEQ2
I just got a 20k dmg jumping from pit to the roof of Charasis, while i could jump and take 0 dmg, other day 500 dmg, now 20k? really whats going on? Lag based plus time in air?

EDIT2:
I have done the same thing without WINEQ2 (Eqplaynice) and got 0 dmg, afraid something in wineq fucks up.
Last edited by Brocode; 05-16-2013 at 02:27 PM.. Reason: updating
Old 05-16-2013, 09:03 PM
Planar Protector

fall damage depends on fall distance to a minor extent and your frame rate to a major extent. i know some jumps that have killed my monk with max safe fall for 32k damage and that i have also survived on a non safe fall toon with zero damage. 100% frame rate related. load up fraps to know when to jump and when to turn your graphics down :P
Old 05-21-2013, 04:24 AM
Fire Giant

Graphics are set to lowest as possible, spells turned off, and PC overqualified to do the job on EQ. Now i feel afraid to jump anywhere as the small distance can be 32k dmg or the smallest can be too.