Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-24-2013, 07:52 PM
Aviak

I guess maybe you guys haven't leveled a noob for a while? Its a wasteland. No one wants to play with zero population. Then you get to unrest and die and lose exp. It is the worst of both worlds. No reason to PVP + severe penalty.

How you earn your chastity is your own business
Old 05-24-2013, 07:55 PM
Banned

From one RZ player to.... one of you emu pvpers...

There's a blue server!

People like you are the reason there is WoW and WoW clones everywhere.

Now that felt classic.
Old 05-24-2013, 07:56 PM
Aviak

For realz.

WTB larger sig pix
Old 05-24-2013, 08:10 PM
Sarnak

In my opinion, what is killing the server is everyone talking about how it is dying. It becomes a self fulfilling prophecy.

Small changes to tweak game mechanics are good; you wouldn't change the fundamentals of the server, just iron out the kinks. However, big changes like item loot might drive more people away rather then attract new players. Speaking for myself and the four other RL friends that play on the server, if item loot was implemented we would quit. In fact, if the server had item loot from the beginning, we would have never even started on the server. Hence why we played on Vallon and not Rallos back in the day.

Oh and one last thing, y'all do know that the player base with which 99red or any other EQ PvP server recruits players from is incredibly small right? I mean, do you really think that putting in item loot or any other large scale change would suddenly draw in 100+ new players? I doubt it. I bet the best way to aid the server population is to release velious. Again, just my personal opinions.

TLDR:
1) Talking about the server dying is killing the server.
2) Small changes = good
3) Changing server fundamentals = bad
Old 05-24-2013, 08:16 PM
Fire Giant

server's dead its a wrap son nail in the coffin flatlined RIP hasbeen more like never was sayonara sucka
Old 05-24-2013, 08:43 PM
Aviak

I guess I was just dreaming.

I still like server. Norrath is great place.
Old 05-24-2013, 09:04 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Something'Witty [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
In my opinion, what is killing the server is everyone talking about how it is dying. It becomes a self fulfilling prophecy.
This guy gets it, as do most old VZers. Server is fun, don't need to drag it all down in negativity. Having threads complaining hardcore about mechanics like xp loss and "YT", which are slated to be addressed with the very next patch, is kinda ridiculous.

If you really wanted to see the server grow, you would do what you can to nurture the community (be nice to people, maybe give away some old gear, etc.), but instead we see people declaring that the server is dead and telling everyone to abandon ship.

Sometimes it's hard to be positive, but if we really made a conscious effort I bet we could help the population a lot more than something dumb like "YT" ever could. Let's talk about why the server is great!

I've made some very nice in-game friends since I started up here again, and have had a lot of fun with the 1-55 PvE content so far. There's been some really great pvp too, and I got to kill some people who were being mean to me. On my paladin, I RPed a little bit with some guy. Why has the game been fun for the rest of you, lately?
Old 05-24-2013, 09:18 PM
Aviak

I agree about negativity. I think its a great place and has pure potential. I'd like to see it nourished by the people that can make permanent real changes. Players can make it a better place on their own but we want to look to our leaders for ultimate guidance.

Definitely a great box though.
Old 05-24-2013, 09:32 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike Spiegel [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I agree about negativity. I think its a great place and has pure potential. I'd like to see it nourished by the people that can make permanent real changes. Players can make it a better place on their own but we want to look to our leaders for ultimate guidance.

Definitely a great box though.
The devs and GMs can't be our leaders, because they're our referees. And we tend to abuse them. I'm pretty sure, with this crowd, we would be complaining about something different even if we had everything we've been demanding. It's probably that we like to complain, and are unwilling to consider that maybe we're the problem.

We can't laugh about griefing people off of the server and whine to the devs about our low population at the same time. At least not without looking silly.

Anyway, true change comes from within, never without. They can force changes like teams or item loot or what have you, but unless we stop prophesying our tragic demise we will resign ourselves to such a fate.
Old 05-24-2013, 09:39 PM
Planar Protector

you guys are cute, clueless tho. A bunch of us tried to warn the devs about exp loss in pvp, and how it was gonna cause griefing. We tried to talk about resists, we tried being nice and friend, then being mean and unfriendly. Now its gonna just be shit for a while sorry
Closed Thread