Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 05-16-2013, 10:37 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Default Unable to hit with melee after nuke pull.

I couldn't find anyone else having this isssue, and nothing that seemed relevant through search (could be poor choice of keywords). This leads me tot hink it's something on my end.

I'm on a lv 22 Cleric, I pull with Expulse Undead(or smite). However, the mob hp doesn't show any decrease, and melee attacks aren't even registering. There are no messages such as "You are too far way" "Cannot see target" etc. There aren't any misses either. I do not have my misses filtered off, in options, nor via right clicking the window tab. I have downloaded eq emu launcher, just to make sure I have the correct files patched in. This doesn't happen on my druid, nor on my mage. The mob will still die if I nuke it enough, but the hp bar shows 100%. Sometimes the hp bar will decrease on a nuke, but I can't figure out how/why. I can run up to a mob, and start melee, and melee attacks actually occur, but if I root, and move away to nuke, the problem occurs again.

My cleric is Kailayla. I have a Springwood Club as a weapon. I first noticed this a few days ago, solo'ing skeletons by the fear portal in feerrott. I moved to loio, and still have the problem. If I group, the mob hp updates properly.

I did just start playing again after a break of nearly a year. Any help resolving this would be appreciated. I'm at a loss of anything else to try on my end.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that I am using titanium, and I only play on p99 with this specific eq install.

Update: I grouped with a monk, and the hp bar would update fine, as long as I didn't do any damage. If I melee'd, or nuked, the bar would stop, and after one melee hit, the swings would stop altogether.
Last edited by AlliBear17; 05-17-2013 at 12:27 AM..
Old 05-18-2013, 02:03 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

I learned today, that I can tab to target myself, then tab to cycle back to the mob as target, and make melee work. this also updates the hp bar. I have to keep repeating this, as my character will stop swinging after a hit, even though auto attack is still on.
Old 05-18-2013, 02:33 AM
Planar Protector

I've seen bugs like this but never in a reproducible way. Retargeting the mob always seems to help. This can also happen with pet hp bars, and can be very frustrating if you think your pet is fine, only to find out he is about to die. Sometimes you might also start the fight out on a strange footing when the mob has a rune-type spell buff on before you attack. Sometimes I'll open with a root that does damage but only do 1% or less to the mob, even though the game tells me I did 190 dmg, but really the damage absorber is sucking some of it up. After a few hundred dmg this goes away, and i don't think it should be much of an issue at your level, but it seemed worth mentioning.
Old 05-18-2013, 02:19 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Glad to know it's not only me, that's seen similar things. I'm sure it's not a rune type of spell, because when it occurs, my character won't make a melee attack (no swing animation, sound, no miss/hit text, no error messages either). Also, I've seen it occur in Unrest, Feerrott, and loio. In Feerrott, I was killing the skeletons by fear portal, even when a group was prepping for fear (and killing the sk/necro there) and I got fresh pops (no buffs).

It's frustrating for sure, but at least now I have a work around right now.
Last edited by AlliBear17; 05-18-2013 at 02:19 PM.. Reason: edited typo
Old 05-18-2013, 02:33 PM
Aviak

I have the exact same issue on my cleric and I'm always bitching to my guild about it, they can confirm... Level 51 now soloing in lguk or even PVPing (red server) 90% of the time I can't melee unless I switch target back to myself then back to the mob over and over... Also using a springwood club on my cleric.

I also have the same issue with the HP bars not updating... I nuke for 575 and I'll nuke the mob 2 or 3 times, no hp bar movement switch the target to myself then back to the mob and see it's at 33% hp... I haven't run into anybody else that's had the issue as much as me though so it's good to see somebody else is (as much as it sucks) if the GM"s could look into this it would be great.

Windy from red99
Old 05-23-2013, 01:31 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Out of desperation, I reinstalled, fresh, and this doesn't occur anymore.

I never modified anything, other than Globalload.txt and ui files. I have no idea how this occured in the first place, and to only one specific character.
Old 05-23-2013, 04:26 AM
Banned

Fix your compile
Old 05-25-2013, 05:51 AM
Planar Protector

This occasionally happens to me as well and retargeting normally fixes it. It seems to happen in kedge LOTS!
Blueberrii - 60 Mage
Gigglepurr - 60 Shaman
Kids - 60 Rogue
Fornfamnad - 60 Cleric