Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 06-05-2013, 04:08 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by quido [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I was fine for years. I don't understand what has changed here - same install and everything. Other people experience the same problems it seems.

Anyone get the cycle where server login hangs, then the next time you try you have no characters, then the next time you try it says you have the wrong spellfile, etc etc? Seriously, this shit is fucking retarded.

Server seems to be creating more issues from a source perspective than they're fixing. Try bard snaring a fleeing sowed sarnak in LOIO and watch him teleport all over the place. What the fuck?
Exact same issues have been happening to me within the last month or so. You're not alone Jeremy! ;\
Old 06-05-2013, 04:33 PM
Planar Protector

I've had those problems since I joined 6 months ago or so, but I just attributed it to my often lousy connection. I have fewer problems when I log in earlier in the day.
Old 06-05-2013, 11:29 PM
Sarnak

If you have not, try WinEq2. Had the same issues(blank char screen, wrong spell file)..I remember it was somewhat confusing to setup but once it was setup my zoning was fixed.
Old 06-05-2013, 11:32 PM
Fire Giant

You leave your client open for a long time? About every weird error you named I get. But it only happens if I stay afk in EC Tunnel all day at work for example, get home, relog, then its 1 out of every 3 zones is a crash, black character screen, blank server screens. usually closing the patcher and relaunching it solves most of it, if not a cpu restart usually. Still to the day, like day 1 of p99, leaving my client open a long time or alt tabbing memory leaks my cpu, but my cpu sucks
Old 06-05-2013, 11:34 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by quido [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I was fine for years. I don't understand what has changed here - same install and everything. Other people experience the same problems it seems.

Anyone get the cycle where server login hangs, then the next time you try you have no characters, then the next time you try it says you have the wrong spellfile, etc etc? Seriously, this shit is fucking retarded.

Server seems to be creating more issues from a source perspective than they're fixing. Try bard snaring a fleeing sowed sarnak in LOIO and watch him teleport all over the place. What the fuck?
I had this exact same issue Jeremy. Reboot your router. It wont fix it competely..but it made it about 80% better.
Old 06-06-2013, 04:26 AM
Banned

When others post about this it's completely ignored. But when Jeremy the conspiracy king posts about it then finally people actually respond. Why?
Old 06-08-2013, 12:02 PM
Sarnak

Send a message via AIM to DOPE

Today I've crashed almost every single time I've zoned. This is brutal.
Old 06-08-2013, 12:57 PM
Sarnak

Send a message via AIM to DOPE

Okay, someone in-game gave me a fix for the zone crashing and so far it's worked like a charm! (have zoned successfully 5 or 6 times in a row and counting!!)

EQ Options > Display > Dropdown menu on the top right corner "Loading Screen" change it from "Loading Art" to NONE

Hope it helps!
Old 06-08-2013, 01:13 PM
Orc

^^^^

Just did what Dope recommended. 10+ zones no crashes.

FINALLY a solution. Ty
Last edited by dacli; 06-08-2013 at 04:49 PM..