Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 06-08-2013, 08:10 PM
Large Rat

Default Charmed Pet Disappearing

I've been leveling my druid who is currently level 20. I've been in East Karana charm killing some animals out there. 3 times now my charmed pet has completely vanished. I don't get the charm break in any of my chat windows. My pet just vanishes. Usually what happens when charm breaks is the mob starts running back to me in which case I re-charm. However in my case my pet just vanishes. There is no body or anything or any chat message saying charm breaking. Also in each 3 cases there was nothing attacking my pet so It didn't die ( I fear the mobs) nor was I to far away. I was wondering If anyone else has encountered this before? is it just druids? or does it happen to enchanters and necro's who charm as well?

Thanks in advance for any help.
Old 06-08-2013, 10:00 PM
Planar Protector

The last two times we were in sky, I noticed this happening with isle 4 splits that we had pulled to 1 and been using. I did not remember them poofing on us in the past, but everyone else in the raid just said "well these have been spawned for a long time."

Have never run into that happening anywhere else I've charmed though.
Old 06-08-2013, 10:27 PM
Orc

although you say there was nothing attacking it, it is still possible that it died. it doesnt give any message at all when it dies.

that being said, i have had mobs disappear on me on several occasions directly after they are released from charm. might be the same or similar to your issue. it seems as if they fall through the ground, and appear to completely vanish. this only occurs on mobs with low enough hp to flee 1-15% or so.

with my issue, the mobs eventually come back, they will suddenly appear on top of you when their health regens to the point of not running anymore.

ive leveled three enchanters 1-54ish and this has happened to me about 5 times. not so common.. and possibly not the same issue. do they ever appear again?
Old 06-08-2013, 10:52 PM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by moe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
although you say there was nothing attacking it, it is still possible that it died. it doesnt give any message at all when it dies.

that being said, i have had mobs disappear on me on several occasions directly after they are released from charm. might be the same or similar to your issue. it seems as if they fall through the ground, and appear to completely vanish. this only occurs on mobs with low enough hp to flee 1-15% or so.

with my issue, the mobs eventually come back, they will suddenly appear on top of you when their health regens to the point of not running anymore.

ive leveled three enchanters 1-54ish and this has happened to me about 5 times. not so common.. and possibly not the same issue. do they ever appear again?
They never returned in each of the 3 cases. I waited for over 10mins to see If it was a glitch or something. Afterward I zoned to lose agro just encase. When my charmed pet vanished it was at full health in each case as well. I literally would pull with snare, then cast fear, then my dots and sick pet on said enemy. The mobs never even got a chance to attack my pet. Also had no adds either. Very strange indeed.
Old 06-08-2013, 11:29 PM
Planar Protector

If your fighting caster npcs and they dot your pet at the end of the fight.Afterwards he can still die to the dot, no message or corpse. By chance you werent fighting evil eyes or any other mobs that cast?
Old 06-09-2013, 07:07 AM
Fire Giant

your pet life line has gone in a natural way!

ps: jk gotta check whats going on.
Old 06-09-2013, 02:05 PM
Planar Protector

weird
Old 06-09-2013, 04:03 PM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infectious [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If your fighting caster npcs and they dot your pet at the end of the fight.Afterwards he can still die to the dot, no message or corpse. By chance you werent fighting evil eyes or any other mobs that cast?

I'm sure I wasn't fight the evil eyes out there. I pull back to the big bridge and fear kite out of the way of adds. Never had any mobs agro or anything.