Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 07-19-2010, 03:44 PM
Aviak

Some topical reading today...
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Quote:
Originally Posted by http://www.universetoday.com/2010/07/19/2010-had-warmest-global-june-on-record/
Was last month warm where you live? If so, you weren't alone. According to measurements taken by the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) June 2010 was the hottest June on record worldwide. But this is not a new trend, at least for this year. March, April, and May 2010 were also the warmest on record. This was also the 304th consecutive month with a global temperature above the 20th century average. The last month with below-average temperature was February 1985.
Old 07-19-2010, 03:57 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeelzeBob [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Some topical reading today...
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's unfortunate. They fail to recognize the fact that El Nino is occuring this year, causing the temperature of the oceans to rise and thus causing very warm temperatures this summer. Of course though, they couldn't say something NATURAL was causing it, now could they.

Also, I am very skeptical about Global Warming. Especially when the information used in the studies is drawn from only 2 different sources. There has also been issue in the past, most recently http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Climati...il_controversy

Basically some people hacked some climate study email accounts and found that in many of the emails LEAD scientists for Global Warming were discussing ways to cover up and make it seem as though the numbers were conducive to global warming.

There was also an incident a few years ago, where NASA "accidently" used the same temperature data set for October that they recorded in September for a large region of Russia, causing the temperatures to report higher than they were. Of course some kind citizens I believe cracked the database and found the anomaly. They called NASA out on it and NASA basically said, "Oh, our bad, that was a mistake". SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUREEEEEE.
Old 07-19-2010, 04:04 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickyfingers [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Basically some people hacked some climate study email accounts and found that in many of the emails LEAD scientists for Global Warming were discussing ways to cover up and make it seem as though the numbers were conducive to global warming.
This sounds very interesting. Mind posting a link to this news article?
Old 07-19-2010, 04:06 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by guineapig [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This sounds very interesting. Mind posting a link to this news article?
Heres a link

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/ja...lobal-warming/

Perhaps a more legitimate link, this one kind of douses the concerns. However, it also raises other ones. It's hard to know who to believe, especially with such a large vested interest between businesses and news outlets like CBS and Fox.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2010/...n6653464.shtml
Last edited by Stickyfingers; 07-19-2010 at 04:10 PM..
Old 07-19-2010, 04:20 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickyfingers [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Heres a link

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/ja...lobal-warming/

Perhaps a more legitimate link, this one kind of douses the concerns. However, it also raises other ones. It's hard to know who to believe, especially with such a large vested interest between businesses and news outlets like CBS and Fox.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2010/...n6653464.shtml
Ah, The Daily Telegraph... [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

You know they also posted this article a few months prior:

On 1 January 2009, The Daily Telegraph published “Greenhouse gases could have caused an ice age, claim scientists”, which said “Scientists have warned” that “filling the atmosphere with Greenhouse gases associated with global warming could push the planet into a new ice age”.

The research they were quoting was from was Professor Ian Fairchild. He claimed that The Telegraph was misrepresenting his findings. The Daily Telegraph refused to publish an apology and deleted his comments on the website.
Last edited by guineapig; 07-19-2010 at 04:23 PM..
Old 07-19-2010, 05:16 PM
Aviak

Quote:
It's unfortunate. They fail to recognize the fact that El Nino is occuring this year, causing the temperature of the oceans to rise and thus causing very warm temperatures this summer. Of course though, they couldn't say something NATURAL was causing it, now could they.

Also, I am very skeptical about Global Warming. Especially when the information used in the studies is drawn from only 2 different sources. There has also been issue in the past, most recently http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Climati...il_controversy

There was also an incident a few years ago, where NASA "accidently" used the same temperature data set for October that they recorded in September for a large region of Russia, causing the temperatures to report higher than they were. Of course some kind citizens I believe cracked the database and found the anomaly. They called NASA out on it and NASA basically said, "Oh, our bad, that was a mistake". SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUREEEEEE.
What do you think is causing the rising ocean surface temperature, aka El Nino?...

And as far as 'climategate' is concerned, every single person involved was exonerated and not a single research paper was retracted by any science journal. The entire thing was hot-air stirred up by the media.
Old 07-20-2010, 01:54 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by guineapig [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ah, The Daily Telegraph... [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
LOL here we go again. Actually I'm downright surprised there is someone that does not know anything about this, it's called climategate. ...I mean anyone that has been following the controversy at all even the past few years for real. This news was major breaking on most every network. There was a big uproar over it. Even a song/video... lol (posted it already) it's hilarious! I'm baffled that people don't know and or support this bogus data. Well I know why some do, they have made tons of money and power off of the whole thing. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] I guess they keep their disciples in the dark somehow. Time to reevaluate.

Now I know that any link I provide will be absolutely and positively rejected unless it says I am lying... but for those that did their homework and are in the know already, this is interesting: Rep Candice Miller
Last edited by Daywolf; 07-20-2010 at 02:15 AM..
Old 07-20-2010, 10:02 AM
Aviak

“We saw no evidence of any deliberate scientific malpractice in any of the work of the Climatic Research Unit and had it been there we believe that it is likely that we would have detected it,” says the Oxburgh report. “Rather we found a small group of dedicated if slightly disorganised researchers who were ill-prepared for being the focus of public attention” -An independent panel of 11 led by the University of Oxford’s Lord Oxburgh

Michael Mann in his own words on the stolen CRU emails
Old 07-20-2010, 10:37 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daywolf [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
LOL here we go again. Actually I'm downright surprised there is someone that does not know anything about this, it's called climategate. ...I mean anyone that has been following the controversy at all even the past few years for real. This news was major breaking on most every network. There was a big uproar over it. Even a song/video... lol (posted it already) it's hilarious! I'm baffled that people don't know and or support this bogus data. Well I know why some do, they have made tons of money and power off of the whole thing. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] I guess they keep their disciples in the dark somehow. Time to reevaluate.

Now I know that any link I provide will be absolutely and positively rejected unless it says I am lying... but for those that did their homework and are in the know already, this is interesting: Rep Candice Miller

You fail again. The case was dismissed and the people in question exonerated.
Old 07-20-2010, 01:11 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeelzeBob [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What do you think is causing the rising ocean surface temperature, aka El Nino?...

And as far as 'climategate' is concerned, every single person involved was exonerated and not a single research paper was retracted by any science journal. The entire thing was hot-air stirred up by the media.

Actually, you are wrong. El Nino is naturally occuring ever 3 to 7 years and has been going on for centuries if not thousands of years. Unless of course dinosaur farts were causing global warming way back in the day....

1902-1903 1905-1906 1911-1912 1914-1915
1918-1919 1923-1924 1925-1926 1930-1931
1932-1933 1939-1940 1941-1942 1951-1952
1953-1954 1957-1958 1965-1966 1969-1970
1972-1973 1976-1977 1982-1983 1986-1987
1991-1992 1994-1995 1997-1998 2002-2003
2006-2007 2009-

Years that El Nino occured. Looks like its following the 3-7 gap with a few anomalies.
Closed Thread