Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 05-04-2016, 02:31 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorillas [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If all the other players like you, left....it would be a great server to enjoy the nostalgia factor.

The end game raiders here ruin the server, it's a selective group of people without careers or social status who have spent 6 years playing this server non stop and consider it an elite club.

Look at all the essays reminiscing about old times followed by a dissertation on rule precedent set 3 years ago. Let go, go outside
Thats just like, your opinion, man.

Also, I have mostly quit. I play casually as fuck now. The thing you and other casuals who cry about the state of the server don't realize is that the hard core population is a significant portion of this server. There is so much turn over at the top end, but always more warm bodies to fill the void. When I log on these days my /friends list returns almost nothing, because almost everyone from back in the pre-kunark and pre-veliois days has quit. A lot of us still log on from time to time and browse the forums when we're bored, but it isn't like the same group of people has been dominating this server for the past 6 years.

Keep crying about how everyone on a server of thousands of players doesn't cater to your specific idea of a nostalgic experience though. Sure that will work out for you eventually.
Old 05-04-2016, 02:34 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecily [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
They mostly have. We're left with the dregs like yourself and that's why this forum isn't as fun.
I don't have dregs, they were culturally appropriated from other cultures.

And no, they haven't left. There were 30 BDA losers sitting in KC waiting for a FTE on VS after 5 years.
Old 05-04-2016, 02:39 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loke [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thats just like, your opinion, man.

Also, I have mostly quit. I play casually as fuck now. The thing you and other casuals who cry about the state of the server don't realize is that the hard core population is a significant portion of this server. There is so much turn over at the top end, but always more warm bodies to fill the void. When I log on these days my /friends list returns almost nothing, because almost everyone from back in the pre-kunark and pre-veliois days has quit. A lot of us still log on from time to time and browse the forums when we're bored, but it isn't like the same group of people has been dominating this server for the past 6 years.

Keep crying about how everyone on a server of thousands of players doesn't cater to your specific idea of a nostalgic experience though. Sure that will work out for you eventually.
I'm casual because I don't want to jack off at WTOV zone out for 10 hours staring at a wall waiting for a warped spawn to show up?

You neckbeard losers have removed any nostalgia from the server by turning it into a job.
You neckbeard losers have made end game raiding absolutely boring and horrible, have any of you even seen NToV or do you just hop on Skype and wait for your PoM/Exit summon?

There's no crawl, there's no clear, there's a bunch of people without anything else who can sit for 5 hours spamming track, COTH, or Target range attack. Classic
Old 05-04-2016, 02:44 PM
Planar Protector

blue is fucking retarded - it's no secret
Old 05-04-2016, 02:58 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by quido [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
blue is fucking retarded - it's no secret
Fulfill the music competition fgt
Old 05-04-2016, 02:59 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorillas [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm casual because I don't want to jack off at WTOV zone out for 10 hours staring at a wall waiting for a warped spawn to show up?

You neckbeard losers have removed any nostalgia from the server by turning it into a job.
You neckbeard losers have made end game raiding absolutely boring and horrible, have any of you even seen NToV or do you just hop on Skype and wait for your PoM/Exit summon?

There's no crawl, there's no clear, there's a bunch of people without anything else who can sit for 5 hours spamming track, COTH, or Target range attack. Classic
Firstly, I love how casual players keep calling for clearing and killing mobs on spawn points, but then claim current raiders are no-life neckbeards. Maybe you forgot, but clearing NToV on live was often a 2 day, all day raid event with tons of boring clearing. Raiders on p99 have refined raiding in NToV to be as easy and mininally time consuming as possible, with the exception of trackers. How is it that the people who want to do something as quickly and effectively as possible are overly immersed, but the people who want to spend all day, over numerous days, are the normal well adjust people? A hand full of people tracking vs. 80+ people glued to their screen all day...

Also, I think you're drastically misinformed about my contribution to the state of the server. I've had fuck-all to do with raiding policy here since well before velious. I get that you're really cranky about not being able to log on once a week and get BiS loot, but you might want to blame someone actually involved in the raid scene. I show up occasionally when I feel like it and dont even have high enough attendence to be eligible for loot. I am regrettably not the big meanie who is stopping you from attaining your casual EQ utopia.
Old 05-04-2016, 03:03 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loke [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Firstly, I love how casual players keep calling for clearing and killing mobs on spawn points, but then claim current raiders are no-life neckbeards. Maybe you forgot, but clearing NToV on live was often a 2 day, all day raid event with tons of boring clearing. Raiders on p99 have refined raiding in NToV to be as easy and mininally time consuming as possible, with the exception of trackers. How is it that the people who want to do something as quickly and effectively as possible are overly immersed, but the people who want to spend all day, over numerous days, are the normal well adjust people? A hand full of people tracking vs. 80+ people glued to their screen all day...
Nice... That was actually a large part of my decision to ditch raiding in Velious. NToV all day clears sounded miserable. I still think they should happen. Which would actually have the effect of only hardcores going to NToV.
Old 05-04-2016, 04:48 PM
Banned

I don't think we would need rotations if things were a classic timeline. We don't have a classic timeline so it makes sense to do something to address the problem with way too many people for the content (and too many tools for the content as well).

That's how people normally think about these things. For some reason, this server is dominated by the "lets keep it shitty for most players" faction.

It's true that a large portion of people on this server participate in A/A raids. But its still probably a 1/3 of active 60s. This measurement ignores all the people that quit the server because of the raid scene.
Old 05-07-2016, 01:10 AM
Kobold

2 + years and the only thing that has changed is the name on the tags... to think all this started w/ IB and Transcendence .
Closed Thread