Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

View Poll Results: Is variance still needed?
Yes, it promotes "competition" 75 29.18%
No, its an unneccesary non-classic time sink 182 70.82%
Voters: 257. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-19-2012, 01:16 PM
Sarnak

To Orruar: There has always been guild vs. guild competition over spawns, you cooperate within your guild and compete with others. Sorry you've overlooked that glaring fact.
Old 10-19-2012, 01:18 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by falkun [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is one of the top issues for P99's raid scene, but I don't know how to begin to address it. Characters don't DIE on this server, they just get new owners. On Live, when you quit, your character, all the work put in to him or her, was gone. The server needed fresh blood and new items because old characters and old items would be removed from the system when a person stopped paying $10/mo. The game world never benefited from it again. Here, if you quit, someone buys your character and that character can now be used to track, camp out at another raid spawn, etc. Its so damned easy to acquire new characters: Rare Trak loot and epic items go for twice the amount of most L60 stripped characters, PP-wise.
This does seem like a problem, imo. I can sort of understand why it's okay to sell/trade characters for in-game stuff, as it prevents outside sources of profiting from these sales, but it just seems so scummy, wrong, and not classic. Buying and selling accounts was never okay on live, and it hurts the server. To me it's worse than having these characters available on RMT sites, because at least if you buy from a place like that you know you are taking a big risk and your account will hopefully be permabanned for being traded off.

It's really a shame that accounts are actually encouraged to be sold, bought and traded by the staff here, but maybe they had no other choice [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-19-2012, 01:23 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fountree [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ok, so we all know now where Rogean stands on the things I've talked about. Here's to the future of GM-enforced rotations, more spyware, more rules, more non-classic coding changes to appease the poor players who are stomped over by the big bad TMO? Am I right Rog?

Oh, and also, am I not allowed to have a valid opinion because I'm in TMO? No one's completely objective in this world.
Your problem is that nothing in your post was relevant to the raid changes. You just went on some hyperbole about how the server is going in the direction of nazi germany because the GM's are going to enforce rotations, when the latter is obviously not going to happen.

Also why do you keep saying the changes are "non-classic" when they are, in fact, much closer to classic than the current system?
Lardna Minch, 18 Warrior

Project 1999 (PvP):
[50 (sometimes 49) Bard] Wolfram Alpha (Half Elf) ZONE: oasis
Old 10-19-2012, 01:24 PM
Planar Protector

Fountree, just step away from the computer and relax. Remember, as I posted before when Ambrotos deleted it: the raid changes presented by Nilbog and Rogean are fucking great for TMO. You're going to do more raids and get more pixels.
in words of anal fingers, just a filthy spaniard
Old 10-19-2012, 01:26 PM
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splorf22 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Fountree, just step away from the computer and relax. Remember, as I posted before when Ambrotos deleted it: the raid changes presented by Nilbog and Rogean are fucking great for TMO. You're going to do more raids and get more pixels.
It's not sufficient to him if he doesn't get ALL the pixels. God forbid other guilds might get something.

Project 1999 Setup Guide
Old 10-19-2012, 01:34 PM
Sarnak

Giegue,

I was merely expressing my opinion that some of the people posting possible changes on here are completely missing the point and proposing changes that would, I think, seriously harm the server and reduce its population. Rogean has had an open ear to these ideas (the idea of limiting players to one account, Rogean said that he agreed that camping out multiple characters at raid spots was something he disliked).

What you didn't notice was that I supported the FTE shout and repops, the moderate changes that were proposed. My posts were just my opinion on things and a check on a lot of these players who are slowly making this server into a place that I feel is less and less enjoyable to play.

Also, all of the time wasted on this is taking time away from CONTENT RELEASE which should be #1 priority because that will fix 99% of these problems. Not grasping at straws to appease a few extremely butthurt individuals.
Old 10-19-2012, 01:36 PM
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fountree [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Also, all of the time wasted on this is taking time away from CONTENT RELEASE
How exactly does a programmer's time spent result in a delay in content?

Code != Content.

You should give it up.

Project 1999 Setup Guide
Old 10-19-2012, 01:38 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
It's not sufficient to him if he doesn't get ALL the pixels. God forbid other guilds might get something.
I've actually been a vocal supporter that TMO abstains from raiding Naggy, Vox and some non-epic related Kunark dragons for months. I've supported the "Endangered species" thing. I just don't want to see competition get trampled on. I'm not here to start shit, just to express and protect my interests as a long time player here. All I see from your post is a general "assumption" that because I'm in TMO I am a whoring lying douche. Fact is, you never met me and you have no idea where my opinion lies, so don't assume. Thanks.
Last edited by Fountree; 10-19-2012 at 01:41 PM..
Old 10-19-2012, 01:41 PM
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote:
you never met me and you have no idea where my opinion lies, so don't assume.
Quote:
because I'm in TMO I am a whoring lying douche.
Hypocritical much? That's the most contradicting paragraph I've seen.

Project 1999 Setup Guide
Old 10-19-2012, 01:46 PM
Sarnak

Don't see it. But good luck with the raid changes, I wasn't looking to start an argument here again, I was just giving my opinion. Thanks for the server.