Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 03-19-2011, 06:24 PM
Banned

Glad that it worked for you but this is not a fix for what everyone is talking about with not being able to log into the server.
Old 03-19-2011, 06:31 PM
Large Bat

Default Thanks

Ya, I was aware of those changes, which had completed already. the new change only modified the resources directory, and two other files. The problem still persists ....

Pat [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-19-2011, 06:43 PM
Fire Giant

i didnt have to mess with any of that, and was online within 30 seconds by using the installer in my signature... dont know why people dont use that..
Old 03-19-2011, 07:08 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLGanjika [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Okay i found a fix to the login issue - you need to download the files from the getting started thread and put them in your ROOT directory.

I did this and i got in -
I knew it wasn't an ISP issue since it was cross ISP's. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

For prosterirty - heres a link to the files you need.

Http://www.project1999.org/files/eqchangesv4.zip

BTW - you gotta make a shortcut directly to the EQGAME.exe and edit the shortcut destination to have patchme at the end like so:

"D:\Program Files\Sony\EverQuest - Project 99'\eqgame.exe" patchme
Come back when you understand what tracert does.

The issue for YOU was that you hadn't patched the right files correctly. The issues for other people is that, at some point along the internet path, they are being dropped/blocked. Most of these people are either on U-Verse or their ISP uses the U-Verse backbone. This is proven by people who patched, were able to log in and then had an issue 2 days later.

One does not solve the other
Old 03-20-2011, 12:17 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nekkro Pheliac [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Glad that it worked for you but this is not a fix for what everyone is talking about with not being able to log into the server.
Make sure the two other files go in the root of the everquest folder and the files int he resources directory of the download go into your resources folder - YOU MUST MAKE A SHORTCUT, if you tried this - You may have another error, the below poster discusses potential ISP issues which may exist for some ; I called mine today and for me this was no issue it seems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savok [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Come back when you understand what tracert does.

The issue for YOU was that you hadn't patched the right files correctly. The issues for other people is that, at some point along the internet path, they are being dropped/blocked. Most of these people are either on U-Verse or their ISP uses the U-Verse backbone. This is proven by people who patched, were able to log in and then had an issue 2 days later.

One does not solve the other
He [nor you] posted in the other forums started by others - which may/may not have resulted in the ending of this couple day long confusion... so what he 'does' is really irrelevant and was only brought up [it seems] by you just a way for you to try to accentuate your point while trying to slightly belittle me when in reality I'm just doing what you didn't and posting a fix for those of us who are lost [and/or the victim of some sort of glitch] - and if this fix doesn't work for everyone? - fair enough and we can help others work down their technical issues as a community ; no harm/no foul - Much respect and love to you and tracert.

Also - its worth noting that the only reason I posted this is because this whole issue started for us (the group of 10 folks i personally know and the other folks on this server reporting similar things in other posts) when the patcher gave us 404 errors and the domain for the patcher went down - is this involved? I don't know but i do know that after that I called my ISP and they assured me it wasn't on their end and nothing has changed). ust don't tell me its -me- when theres others suffering the same symptoms starting at the same time - i dunno about the other folks in this forum but i do know some of them had it start at the same time mine did - i had other folks PMing me about downloading patcher cuz they thought theirs was broken - its actually how i found out MINE didnt work since i wasnt on at all that day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrushev [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i didnt have to mess with any of that, and was online within 30 seconds by using the installer in my signature... dont know why people dont use that..

Is it a patcher or an installer? - Is it safe to run over an already patched game? - will it leave UI's intact?

I will check it out, would be cool to get this information before i use it though - If its good ; I will distribute the download link to the folks in the guild I'm part of.
Last edited by GLGanjika; 03-20-2011 at 12:48 AM..
Old 03-20-2011, 12:20 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

sorry about double post
Old 03-20-2011, 02:37 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLGanjika [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Is it a patcher or an installer? - Is it safe to run over an already patched game? - will it leave UI's intact?

I will check it out, would be cool to get this information before i use it though - If its good ; I will distribute the download link to the folks in the guild I'm part of.
Yes you can run it over the game you already have installed. If you did any manual changes to Velious UI or Default UI other than the ones that are required to play on this server then it might change those back to default, rest of everything (i.e any other UI) will be untouched. So as far as those are concerned, its safe.

You can run parts of the patcher (i.e. helmet fix or cpu fix or underwater sound fix etc etc... ) by themselves those will not impact anything at all aside from fixing the bugs. So those are 100% safe to run on any customized client without worrying about it messing stuff up.
Old 03-20-2011, 02:24 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caldwin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well, that was it. Once I manually updated to v4. Everything worked. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
EQEMULauncher actualy has V4, there was a ninja patch to V5 last week, no announcements no nothing ... updating eqemulauncher tonight then it will work again with the launcher without you having to do anything ...