Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 03-19-2011, 04:20 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Exclamation a FIX for the login problem =]

Okay i found a fix to the login issue - you need to download the files from the getting started thread and put them in your ROOT directory.

I did this and i got in -
I knew it wasn't an ISP issue since it was cross ISP's. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

For prosterirty - heres a link to the files you need.

Http://www.project1999.org/files/eqchangesv4.zip

BTW - you gotta make a shortcut directly to the EQGAME.exe and edit the shortcut destination to have patchme at the end like so:

"D:\Program Files\Sony\EverQuest - Project 99'\eqgame.exe" patchme
Last edited by GLGanjika; 03-19-2011 at 04:50 PM..
Old 03-19-2011, 04:39 PM
Banned

Last edited by dredge; 12-12-2012 at 10:47 PM..
Old 03-19-2011, 04:48 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by dredge [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
um how is this different then what we all did a weeek or so ago to get our char select screen fixed?
you mean how is this different than what -you- did a week or two ago to fix your character select screen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] - I didn't have to fix anything - when you say "all" that is assuming that we -all- did it when in reality mine worked fine this whole time until the patchers domain went down - just fyi; there is a whole slew of people who cant sign in and its been going on for days - started a day and a half ago [for all the people - including myself] who reported an inability to sign in ; happened the SAME day the patcher (eqemu) went down and so fourth - Anywho ; a fix HAS been found and you obviously don't benifit from it ; suprised you werent posting in the other forum when we were all looking for a fix - thanks. O.o

Not trying to come off as rude or anything - I'm just sayin, you sure sound like the dude to have talked to
when this was all going on [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] - sucks you didn't say anything when all those people were thinkin it was their ISP. xD also on a final note - It wasn't just the character select screen either that was effected.

It had something to do with the files not patching right ; was this the same thing you had? - maybe in part ; but this all started the same day the eqemu patcher website went offline [ the moestaverne.com site that hosts patchers downloads - not sure how that would affect patchers workability - but it seemed like it did at least ; TBH tho - I'm just glad it works again =D. ]. - Thanks for your input. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by GLGanjika; 03-19-2011 at 05:01 PM..
Old 03-19-2011, 05:12 PM
Banned

Last edited by dredge; 12-12-2012 at 10:46 PM..
Old 03-19-2011, 05:25 PM
Banned

This has nothing to do with spell files because we are having a hard time logging into the server select screen also which the spell files do not have anything to do with [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-19-2011, 05:26 PM
Sarnak

Unless Brighthouse/Roadrunner uses U-verse in someway. I doubt that is the issue. I have the same problems with going back to the loggin screen when it should be the character select screen.

I think it has something to do with eqEmuLauncher. The site is down, so it can't autopatch the files. That's why it's not working, at least for me.

I'm currently in the process backing up my unmodified eq files. Then I'll manually patch them and see if that works.
Old 03-19-2011, 05:39 PM
Sarnak

Well, that was it. Once I manually updated to v4. Everything worked. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-19-2011, 05:41 PM
Banned

I have done this 2 times and it still is not working for me.
Old 03-19-2011, 06:11 PM
Large Bat

Unhappy No Joy in Mudville

I installed your new version of V4 changes rebooted, and logged into try again, but the bad news is my first attempt hung waiting for the server select screen, and the second gave me the screen with an empty list. I don't think this fixed the issue.

Pat [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-19-2011, 06:18 PM
Sarnak

If you've been using eqEmuLauncher up until now, there are others files that need to be changed also. Follow the instructions here: http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=2651