Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-04-2016, 10:35 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eggbell [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why is Shadow Knight a bad class?

Ahem, I'm actually new here.
Its a great class, and better than clericadins.
Old 05-05-2016, 01:20 AM
Kobold

For a moment I thought I was reading in RnF... weird!
Old 05-05-2016, 03:27 AM
Fire Giant

This post is the reason why top guilds are top guilds. People want instant gratification. I was in a couple of guilds pre velious that were trying to break into the raid scene starting off doing hate and fear. But little by little people became like this guy. Join the guild get some levels and leave. No loyalty.
Old 05-05-2016, 09:27 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raev [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
this isn't even a good troll. 5/10 on the idea, 1/10 on the execution
Old 05-05-2016, 09:41 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by JurisDictum [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Gearing is slow.
enjoy... your time here at p99
TLDR: Here you go community. Great suggestions, OP!
60 Iksar Monk
20 Halfling Druid

=== OMNI ===
Old 05-05-2016, 10:03 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eggbell [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why is Shadow Knight a bad class?

Ahem, I'm actually new here.
It is a great class if are new to the server imo. Tanking with a shadowknight is very efficient as you can get aggro easily with your spells. You also have a good toolkit to experiment with which can make you into a good puller and reasonable soloer. Groups will form around you; people will ask you to join them in dungeons.

If you want to be an endgame raider though, shadowknights have no real role. They can't tank the nastiest things like warriors can, they generally aren't asked to pull on raids, and their DPS is poor. So a lot of people here who have multiple 60s and/or are in the top end raiding guilds eschew shadowknights.

It's a lot of playing to get to 60 though, so if you're new I wouldn't worry about it. If you get totally sucked in and thirst for the raid scene you can do things about that later.

I love my shadowknight, always have; he makes the game very enjoyable. But it's not a raid class.
Crallos Rek - 35 ogre shaman
Timothe - 31 human enchanter
Variol Cutthroat - 27 human paladin
Telehr - 23 human magician
Old 05-05-2016, 02:11 PM
Banned

It's worth noting that Shadowknights got a lot better in Luclin

#Luclin4p99
Old 05-05-2016, 06:00 PM
Planar Protector

would love Luclin <3
Old 05-05-2016, 07:37 PM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
would love Luclin <3
How does p99 choose how it rolls out content? I'm new here as well, from what I've heard it has put in patches and stuff in the same order as they were on live.

BUT, since it is called project 99 and I saw that kunark and vellious came out like in 2000, does this project have plans to keep going? Is there a certain point where the spirit of classic everquest dies? I'm just wondering. Like is this going to keep advancing with more updates of expansion content?
Old 05-05-2016, 07:41 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by warioman91 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How does p99 choose how it rolls out content? I'm new here as well, from what I've heard it has put in patches and stuff in the same order as they were on live.

BUT, since it is called project 99 and I saw that kunark and vellious came out like in 2000, does this project have plans to keep going? Is there a certain point where the spirit of classic everquest dies? I'm just wondering. Like is this going to keep advancing with more updates of expansion content?
You should probably start a new thread about that actually. We haven't had a new one this week and are about due.
Closed Thread