Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-28-2010, 11:30 PM
Fire Giant

Dyes came in with LoY expansion - link.
Old 08-28-2010, 11:36 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savok [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Dyes came in with LoY expansion - link.
Yes, but they require the Luclin models and were considered by many a continuation of the same downgrading of the toon graphics that came with Luclin.
Old 08-28-2010, 11:39 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyaku [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
what was so bad about the armor dyes? all it did was change the color of your armor. just to be funny i would run around with bright green armor
for an example, you take away the cool effect that rubicite has. I personally think the red look is unique and sweet, and it's why people will pay upwards of 100k for a full set as they don't drop anymore.
Old 08-28-2010, 11:49 PM
Fire Giant

Basically armor dyes drove poop sockers insane because their shiny armor could be seen on level 1 twinks.

Kinda like how when the silly sol ro Mages robes came out everyone with a CRoA nerdraged.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uthgaard View Post
Most of the people with bad experiences with me hang out in R&F, shocking, looks like I'm doing something right.
Old 08-28-2010, 11:53 PM
Large Rat

I think a revamp of the character model animations on the old models would be a good thing, to include new things like bards playing music while sitting, or a stumble while you're moving and get hit instead of the sliding.

Also potentially a simple "smoothing" of the old models wouldn't be a bad idea either. It only takes a single step in any 3d modeling program and it really would make things look better. It might even be able to be implemented without shutting down as many 3d engines have the capacity to do it on the fly without loading a new mesh. The only problem is there is the potential that the characters would look like wrapped sausages.

Instead of dyes that tint everything, I think we need clothing specifically designed for dyes and go that route. This way there really would be a purpose behind it - and development could focus on that (player factions?).

Questing. I think we need the newbie quests but to severely limit the stats of those items, like to a single ac over tattered and maybe the helm clickies gnomish fireworks or something. Or maybe it could offer a specific class skill for free as long as it's equipped, somewhat offering a 9th slot.

Also, there is the concept which I really liked - the bone armor. When that was implemented (or maybe I just noticed it late heh), the concept of a give and take made me think back to cursed items in some of the RPGs I used to play like Shining Force. Why can't more equipment be this way, instead of the uber stats EQ turned to?

Screw class balance. Seriously. We spend so much time turning our classes into fighting game characters "Waah Dan the Enchanter isn't as good as Ryu the Pally!" If this were really like that, we might as well mod EQ into a giant version of Powerstone or SSBM. Not that that wouldn't be a good mod, but this is P99. Sheesh. When I type /gems3d I want SS-EQ-M!
Old 08-29-2010, 03:38 AM
Fire Giant

Regarding the dyes, I feel that item colours should not be customisable; that's part of the value right there. Knowing that a weapon has a particular effect, or a certain set of armour looks unique, that's what makes it special.

P99 - Blue
Lafael - Druid - Level 60
Garnagle - Necro - Level 57
Seductress - Enchanter - Level 52
Sweets - Bard - Level 35
Venexia - Shaman - Level 60
Wonderelf - Warrior - Level 51
Old 08-29-2010, 04:12 AM
Aviak

imo: a good end to the setup is...

Sleeper is awoken == he kills everyone. No really. He just wipes the player dBase.
Branlenio Sprocketmender <Disciples of the Gods> -- Gnome Magician
Amahn <Disciples of the Gods> -- Wood Elf Druid
Alhbie Eurhuckelberry -- Erudite Paladin
Old 08-29-2010, 04:25 AM
Sarnak

It's not that big of a deal, if you're talking about dyes. I think the big thing that should of never been added was cats. I mean WTF did those derive from? a lion fucked a human? someone tell me please
Old 08-29-2010, 04:34 AM
Planar Protector

But you're okay with halflings fucking frogs to make frogloks?

"You know you done fucked up when Yendor gives you raid commentary." - Tiggles
Old 08-29-2010, 05:37 AM
Planar Protector

Gnome shadowknights.