Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > PvP Bugs

Old 12-09-2011, 08:56 PM
Planar Protector

I seem to be doing just fine as a Bard.

Quote:
bards were the shit even solo pk's. here, they are shit.
...I can still easily kill people solo, and have. A couple of small bugs doesn't make them "shit". Think of how much worse Bards are on every other emu server. My hunch is that you just don't know how to play a Bard. Here's a hint: if you get rooted, use the spell you got at level 22. Oh, you're not level 22 yet? Big surprise there.

Quote:
There seems to be a lot of nerfs for bards while keeping the OP classes remaining OP.
A "nerf" implies that it's intentional. Find me another server where Bards work the way you expect them to. You don't control what the devs do with their time, stop flinging accusations at them when they don't fix minor bugs.

Bards are easily one of the most powerful classes on this server even with them not being 100% classic. You realize that some of the bard-related bugs favor Bards too, right? Like our invis song giving See Invis also. Or like our ae mez being ridiculously overpowered and not having a secondary resist check. Stop bitching and start being helpful.
Lardna Minch, 18 Warrior

Project 1999 (PvP):
[50 (sometimes 49) Bard] Wolfram Alpha (Half Elf) ZONE: oasis
Last edited by Lazortag; 12-09-2011 at 08:59 PM..
Old 12-09-2011, 11:33 PM
Banned

Minor bugs, yep not being able to interrupt casters with a song. No worries just use your L22 dispell song?? what.

I think you just like typing out that you think you're a fantastic bard or that you know all this crazy hidden knowledge in a 13 year old game. I personally don't waste my time bugging anything here, but was complaining about this POS song on the first day fighting people in WK/NK. There's no rhyme or reason to it, its just buggy as fuck.

I'd recommend just stop posting but it seems you're incapable of that, 2000+ post guy.
Old 12-10-2011, 06:54 AM
Fire Giant

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazortag [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Here's a hint: if you get rooted, use the spell you got at level 22. Oh, you're not level 22 yet? Big surprise there.
Yeah... level 22.. I'm level 12 - I prefer to be able to do *something* in pvp before then..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazortag [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

A "nerf" implies that it's intentional. Find me another server where Bards work the way you expect them to. You don't control what the devs do with their time, stop flinging accusations at them when they don't fix minor bugs.
Way to troll without even reading the next line, I clearly said only 1 line down, "Now we can't do anything because of all these random nerfs which are hopefully unintended bugs!" - I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt, sir. I'm waiting for a dev response on this thread.
Old 12-10-2011, 03:25 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Yeah... level 22.. I'm level 12 - I prefer to be able to do *something* in pvp before then..
Sorry, I was responding to Naez, who for some reason edited his post afterwards. Most of the meaner parts of my post were directed towards him. Sorry.

My problem is that this thread, like many bug threads, is less about the bug and more whining about how underpowered Bards are. Like I already said:

Quote:
You realize that some of the bard-related bugs favor Bards too, right? ...
Bards are not unique in having some aspects of their class being less powerful than they were in classic, while other aspects are more powerful. The devs have a finite amount of time with which they can fix bugs, and won't always get to the bug you reported right away. Until it gets fixed, you just have to learn to adapt to it.

edit: here's a link from early 2001 about the knockback feature:
Quote:
BELLOW MAKES CASTERS CRY IN DUELS, By Rokenn swiftsong - karana server (1/28/2001)

Bellow is a song that really shines in PvP/Duels vs casters. This song, in my experience, will always interrupt player character spell casting (due to the knockback effect of the song). I have successfully bellowed & interrupted casters 14 levels higher then me (30th lvl bard vs 44th lvl wizard). If you time it right they will never get a spell off [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
http://web.archive.org/web/200109111...Id=1035&Page=2

and one from 2000 that heavily implies that the song had a knockback:

Quote:
Submited by: Lukkydan On: 11/2/2000 3:06:25 PM Rank: worst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 best
I see how cool this song can be, and it's really a great way to get loads of xp when soloing. But I think Crayzie is kind of barking up the wrong tree. When you can brag about what a great PvP you are WITHOUT twinking your bard, then it's time to talk. You shouldn't trash talk about how well you can beat casters in PvP when you're twinked out. Not very fair, now is it?
http://web.archive.org/web/200107112...l+Bellow&type=

(the post he was responding to isn't available on the wayback machine)
Lardna Minch, 18 Warrior

Project 1999 (PvP):
[50 (sometimes 49) Bard] Wolfram Alpha (Half Elf) ZONE: oasis
Last edited by Lazortag; 12-10-2011 at 03:32 PM..
Old 12-10-2011, 03:44 PM
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to Truth Send a message via AIM to Truth Send a message via MSN to Truth Send a message via Yahoo to Truth

My credentials warrant not a response, but I am an internet troll and the lure is too strong.

Quote:
I seem to be doing just fine as a Bard. ...I can still easily kill people solo, and have. A couple of small bugs doesn't make them "shit". Think of how much worse Bards are on every other emu server. My hunch is that you just don't know how to play a Bard. Here's a hint: if you get rooted, use the spell you got at level 22. Oh, you're not level 22 yet? Big surprise there.
Could have fooled me.

I've played bards on "other emu servers", as well as live. Empires II, bards did not work at all. cohpvp1.0, bloods vs crips, VZ/TZ, et all they worked pretty much as they do here.

Boastful bellow should very reliably interrupt, it was basically bards version of slam (remember slam can miss). Here the tiny hiccup stops working at effective 80 caster channelling.

Rooted? Bro the only time I die rooted is when I have a train of mobs, which would not happen if selo pulses functioned correctly. Not too mention the level 22 dispell hits your entire group and requires you to equip a lute. Get real bro. Also I still reccomend having pumice hotkeyed post-22, not fun to miss notes when you are blinded.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfram

Bards are easily one of the most powerful classes on this server even with them not being 100% classic. You realize that some of the bard-related bugs favor Bards too, right? Like our invis song giving See Invis also. Or like our ae mez being ridiculously overpowered and not having a secondary resist check. Stop bitching and start being helpful.
um Invis song always gave see invis?? And AE Mez breaks way too early here, I'm talking in between spammed 3 second pulses, to even be considered useable, especially in any standard group situation with pets. I'd hate to see it have a "secondary resist check"
Last edited by Truth; 12-10-2011 at 03:52 PM..
Old 12-11-2011, 01:05 AM
Fire Giant

Yes, invis song always gave see invis ...

Anyways, the point being, there's proof beyond anything -- obvious posts, lucy spell data, etc. Please fix this bug. I prefer to be useful BEFORE level 40+ (I like the lower level pvp because battles last longer).

Devs? Any comments?
Last edited by xblade724; 12-11-2011 at 01:12 AM..
Old 12-11-2011, 01:09 AM
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to Truth Send a message via AIM to Truth Send a message via MSN to Truth Send a message via Yahoo to Truth

AE mez is supposed to be 42 second mez. here youre lucky for 2s

level 22 doesnt make your worthwhile, giegue is just trolling and knows 22 group cancel magic is worthless in 80% of situations
Old 12-11-2011, 05:24 AM
Fire Giant

wow 42 seconds ?? What happened here
Old 12-11-2011, 07:08 AM
Decaying Skeleton

It seems like its functioning like the live version (single target + resist check during channeling[3s]). Honestly, in classic it was OP, then they broke it... denied it was broken till proven wrong, then they changed the spell all together at Luclin.

I mean, guys... Sometimes the updating things is needed. I love classic and all, but some of the stuff is tarded in pvp... PBAE mez on pvp? Mez your enemy/mob + your group/friends. IMHO, it was not intended for pvp, but the newer version is perfect for pvp. Devs, if your listening... I can deal with it being PBAE w/ resist check every 3 sec but at least make it so it doesnt hit party members please?

Also, lvl 12 nuke is supposed to have Knockback, that thread is correct w/ proof to boot. Should fix that. All this crying about bards being underpowered is right... What are we to do to the majority of players? Im happy with being Utility but throw us a bone here! Currently im not very helpful to anyone other than tappin tha boot and heal song...
Old 12-11-2011, 10:02 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obeyance [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It seems like its functioning like the live version (single target + resist check during channeling[3s]). Honestly, in classic it was OP, then they broke it... denied it was broken till proven wrong, then they changed the spell all together at Luclin.

I mean, guys... Sometimes the updating things is needed. I love classic and all, but some of the stuff is tarded in pvp... PBAE mez on pvp? Mez your enemy/mob + your group/friends. IMHO, it was not intended for pvp, but the newer version is perfect for pvp. Devs, if your listening... I can deal with it being PBAE w/ resist check every 3 sec but at least make it so it doesnt hit party members please?

Also, lvl 12 nuke is supposed to have Knockback, that thread is correct w/ proof to boot. Should fix that. All this crying about bards being underpowered is right... What are we to do to the majority of players? Im happy with being Utility but throw us a bone here! Currently im not very helpful to anyone other than tappin tha boot and heal song...
I'd be happy with that too. What Live on RZ eventually did (when was it? Kunark era or velious era?) was made it so that pbaoe (NOT the 4 target AE's like invoke lightning-type spells) songs/spells do NOT effect your group members ... which makes this actually useful.

My only damage is this little AE, but can't even use it for pvp because I don't want to hit my allies. So I bust out my 6 dmg DD that's supposed to knockback .. nada. Hell, our dps as bards is so low anyways if they finally do get low, most of the time they can get away easily and just plug. Q_Q