Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 03-28-2019, 12:46 AM
Banned

Decided to pull out of stocks today and invest in pursuing a CSCP cert with the market looking like its finally
committing to a bearish trend.

Wish me luck, folks.
Old 03-28-2019, 01:08 AM
Banned

So I had the last cigarette left around here -- didn't buy any but they were a few here. Won't buy any -- that's definitely not a bridge ill cross.

I had my second to last one in a parking lot today. I was feeling good, having just worked wearing my sun glasses etc. Some gaggle of young girls drove by and said some kind of catcall I guess to me.

Then I realized I was doing Phillip Mores dirty work for him and thought: "alright, now its time to take off the glasses and put the cig out you douche bag."

I had to have the last one though. Nicotine really is amazing mentally. But I can't keep radiating my lungs and aging my skin etc. The world to smoke in now anyway. Can't be trying to take breaks all day for smokes and have that tobacco smell all over me. Yellow finger nails and teeth and all that other bullshit.

But its a bit anxious for me lately and I feel like those few helped me through that.
Old 03-28-2019, 10:40 AM
Banned

My G.F and i switched to vaping about 4 years ago.. Randomly a few months ago we asked a friend if we could have one of her smokes. It was morning, i had coffee in hand, and a smoke.. The perfect morning starter kit.

I learned that morning, smoking now makes me want to throw up haha.. So if i have anything to thank from 4 years of vaping, it's that at least i can't go back to smokes.. Part of me was bummed i didn't get to enjoy that last smoke tho haha.

That being said- Vaping is not healthy, in fact i smoke more now cause i can vape everywhere! In the house, in my office haha. It's too convenient. The only reason i truly promote vaping over smoking, is purely because vaping is strictly the vapers problem now..

With cigs.. They are everybodies problem..
-They get littered all over.
-They start fires.
-You can smell it everywhere
-And the smoke stains everything

Nobody is throwing their vapes on the ground when it runs out of juice. Nobody ever said " Ewww what is that smell, strawberry shortcake delight"?

You got this Juris buddy!!
Old 03-28-2019, 10:56 AM
Fire Giant

Good luck to the brave souls putting down cigarettes. Been on the path myself for about a year now since I started swimming again. I had zero yesterday but bought a pack this morning on the way to work. If I can get down to 2x cigs a day and really enjoy them when I smoke them instead of it just being a habit, then I'll be where I want to be. One in the morning and one in the evening seems harmless when compared to a pack a day that I see other people sucking down.

My brother vapes and swears by it, but I also see him smoking cigarretes too, which seems counter productive. I've tried vaping, but it doesn't give the same sensation and I'm left feeling like I smoked a thing but didn't fill the urge. I also agree with J that it is way too convenient. Having to get up, going outside 2x times a day, and consciously having to think about it is better (for me) than having an alternative that I can do anywhere.

In any case, good luck, JD!
Old 03-28-2019, 11:04 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by d3r14k [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Good luck to the brave souls putting down cigarettes. Been on the path myself for about a year now since I started swimming again. I had zero yesterday but bought a pack this morning on the way to work. If I can get down to 2x cigs a day and really enjoy them when I smoke them instead of it just being a habit, then I'll be where I want to be. One in the morning and one in the evening seems harmless when compared to a pack a day that I see other people sucking down.

My brother vapes and swears by it, but I also see him smoking cigarretes too, which seems counter productive. I've tried vaping, but it doesn't give the same sensation and I'm left feeling like I smoked a thing but didn't fill the urge. I also agree with J that it is way too convenient. Having to get up, going outside 2x times a day, and consciously having to think about it is better (for me) than having an alternative that I can do anywhere.

In any case, good luck, JD!
The convenience thing is where vapes get dangerous.. I know many people that haven't gone all in on the vapes, and still dabble with smokes.. Part of it is finding the right combo.. A device that provides the power you want, and a juice that hits the spot. I was able to attach immediately to vaping once i tried it.. I was lucky enough to have a setup i enjoyed from the beginning..

My issue is i need the vape/juice to have a hit on my throat. And that can be trial and error with brands. If a juice is too smooth, then it does nothing for me. I'm still left with a craving after each puff. But once you find a device that works for you, paired with a juice that has the hit/flavor you want. Is very, very enjoyable.

Nothing will ever match the first smoke of the morning with a cup of coffee.. But if you stick with vaping, you'll realize gagging and dry heaving to have a cigerette is not very pleasing haha.
Old 03-28-2019, 11:19 AM
Banned

JD, good job recognizing the example and advertisement you set by smoking. Creating a context of apparent consensus for dark things is bad. This motivates a lot of my puritanism.

I strongly advise the gum to all y'all having trouble. It's the mechanism of delivery of nicotine that makes it such an obsessive sort of addiction. Nicotine itself is not particularly hard to withdraw from; it's the pavlovian mechanism of addiction to an instant high linked to an action that is really terrible. It's comparable to addiction to IV heroin; the instant results reprogram your brain powerfully.

I've switched to gum from a 4ish-month habit of constant vaping and smoking in this last week. Now that the impulse to reach down, pick up an item, put it in my mouth and intake drugs (reminds me of my nailbiting habit) is semi-extinguished, I am naturally doing less and less gum already. My nic intake is down by like 2/3. I'm planning a week off of work to withdraw from several of my nerve drugs and bootcamp hiking; I'll probably cease nic in that time too.

Btw, the gum is actually pretty good recreationally. It's like a super-special cup of coffee and it isn't that much more addictive.
Old 03-28-2019, 01:28 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjeff100 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My G.F and i switched to vaping about 4 years ago.. Randomly a few months ago we asked a friend if we could have one of her smokes. It was morning, i had coffee in hand, and a smoke.. The perfect morning starter kit.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Coffee and cigarettes is probably my favorite movie. I love it so much, especially this part:

Tom Waits & Iggy Pop scene
Last edited by Cecily; 03-28-2019 at 01:32 PM..
Old 03-28-2019, 01:40 PM
Banned

yeah im gonna need jerry seinfeld to pick this up.

"Hi, I'm Jerry Seinfeld. And this is, comedians, in cars, smoking cigarettes, on our way to get coffee"!
Old 03-28-2019, 01:59 PM
Planar Protector

I quit when my kids were born. Wasn’t bringing that shit into the house

When shit faced on occasion I’ll smoke one with the Czech rednecks out at the ranch. Filthy habit, waste of money, etc etc
Old 03-28-2019, 02:05 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by JurisDictum [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lol,

I'll keep this article in mind if I ever start making a 100 million a year and feel depressed.

Bit I like the rest of what you said. I think less money paid out to capitalists and more paid out to descent wages, trans humanism, and non-war technological developments might go a long way.
How do you fund these things? Do you recognize the connection between luxury, leisure, and an economy that has excess to pursue things beyond subsistence?

Zimbabwe exists bud. It’s the paradise you seek