Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Important > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old 03-25-2014, 07:08 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ergomas [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
ANY chance of allowing a SINGLE 2 box anytime soon? I did in fact 5 box before and I paid for those accounts, so no one cared, but here I understand the difference, but I LOVE PLing my chars. It was part of the fun when I hit max level.

I dont even know the reasons this was originally prohibited since I just joined recently.

Thanks

It will be heavily abused, especially since you can create accounts for free. No boxing keeps the group element intact.

I boxed a warrior and shaman on live, but not boxing here is fine by me

Neeron Underhill
34 Warrior

Nasr Drogba
24 Necromancer

Old 03-25-2014, 08:00 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
We noticed, in particular, a new RMT site claiming to never have a customer banned. We silently tracked accounts we found affiliated with their operation, and now today we are permanently banning over 400 accounts that have participated in these activities.
So you pretty much allowed these guys to sell to over 400 people before taking action, well I'm sure they're very grateful with the insane amount of money YOU allowed them to make before banning them.
Old 03-25-2014, 08:19 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haribo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So you pretty much allowed these guys to sell to over 400 people before taking action, well I'm sure they're very grateful with the insane amount of money YOU allowed them to make before banning them.
0/10
Old 03-25-2014, 09:08 AM
Planar Protector

I have a question regarding the SMS recovery.

Is it that big of deal if I have several emulator accounts linked to 1 phone number?

Maybe its just me that feels weird about linking two separate accounts to the same phone number for pw recovery purposes but I also dont think it makes sense to link it to some other less used phone number just so its different.

Am I making a big deal out of nothing? Just link as many emulator accounts I own to the same phone number ( my cell )?
Old 03-25-2014, 09:40 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muleworth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
10/10, the hot tears of all the cheaters coming out to cry over wasted RMT were so delicious and an unexpected bonus.

Keep up the great work staff!
^
Old 03-25-2014, 11:39 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erati [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have a question regarding the SMS recovery.

Is it that big of deal if I have several emulator accounts linked to 1 phone number?

Maybe its just me that feels weird about linking two separate accounts to the same phone number for pw recovery purposes but I also dont think it makes sense to link it to some other less used phone number just so its different.

Am I making a big deal out of nothing? Just link as many emulator accounts I own to the same phone number ( my cell )?
Only thing I'd maybe suggest is registering for Google Voice and using that number. That way you don't have to worry about it if you change carriers and lose your current cell #

Baalzy - 57 Gnocro, Baalz - 36 Ikscro, Adra - 51 Hileric, Fatbag Ofcrap - 25 halfuid

Red99
Baalz Less - Humger, Baalzy - Ikscro

If MMORPG players were around when God said, "Let there be light" they'd have called the light gay, and plunged the universe back into darkness by squatting their nutsacks over it.
Picture courtesy of azeth
Old 03-25-2014, 12:57 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Loginserver Changes
EQEmulator has completed a move to a new Loginserver system. In addition to many new features, our security has been vastly improved. The old system that was in place had been built over a decade ago with encryption methods that have since become insecure. Due to this system overhaul we recommend all players change their loginserver passwords. We may enforce a password change at some point so I suggest everyone perform this as soon as possible to prevent any delays in account access.
Does this mean anyone that had access to a friend's account that quit or out until velious will be lost?

Looks like there are similar questions here.

http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=144198

Guild Leader of <Asgard> The home of the gods!
Lightyear/Artah
Last edited by Artaenc; 03-25-2014 at 06:13 PM.. Reason: Added link to other topic with the same questions
Old 03-25-2014, 08:10 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by drktmplr12 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
lol are you serious?

good luck with your dissertation on the causes and effects of rmt on small scale mmo economies. im sure your program director will be proud to publish it and i hope the scientific community considers it a breakthrough in academia.

im just going to be over here playing the game. good day.
Nice one. Csc2153 definitely uses more words than the situation calls for. I can almost follow his thinking, but to pick out his errors and bring them to light would just cause him to keep talking, and none of us want that.
Old 03-26-2014, 02:23 AM
Sarnak

Skimmed this enite thread and found nothing i wanted to know, like how do i link multiple accounts to one p99 acount??? seriously.
Old 03-26-2014, 02:41 AM
Planar Protector

where do i click to add my phone number?