Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-23-2013, 12:19 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverixdamighty [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
where did i lie? Maybe you shouldn't ignorantly lump everyone in tmo/fe together and actually play more recently to understand what is happening on the box. I'd like to here what mobs fe is killing that we don't need. Also maybe you never played velious on live hence you don't understand why that will open up more content, because if you did raid in velious you would understand why that would be the clear priority and even when non raid targets weren't up there are other zones that are better risk/reward than the majority of kunark mobs...
I don't think you undestand why guilds like FE/TMO play the way they do. New content is not going to stop them from perma-camping the old.
Old 05-23-2013, 07:40 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by enr4ged [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't think you undestand why guilds like FE/TMO play the way they do. New content is not going to stop them from perma-camping the old.
i'm in FE and in order to win the race in velious you need to be farming the best gear possible, which is in velious. i don't think you understand the dynamics of winning in velious.
Old 05-23-2013, 08:32 AM
Banned

Does anyone have a link to that thread where the +/- 48hrs was explained? The one where it was claimed that the reason for adding the massive variance was to avoid poopsocking, adding something like "it's extremely unlikely that a guild will sit..." and the rest of that horseshit?

It's been more than three years of the variance not working yet it's still here. An additional variance is added and still hasn't been removed while we get this:

Quote:
Rogean: Mobs will no longer immediately aggro players within 3 seconds of spawning, and they will be immune to any non-targetted spells (PB AEs or Targetted AEs they aren't the target of).
You guys are willing and have the time to change the way all the NPCs in the game react to keep a few poopsockers from abusing M+KB recorders but you're asking the rest of us to swallow the changes, which don't benefit anyone outside of those poopsockers, and an additional variance on top of the one that hasn't worked for three years?

Is this a case of favoritism or another case of poor judgment? Is it indifference? What is it? You don't have to answer here and you're probably not going to, but nor should you be upset when we fill in the answers for you. You're veering further and further away from classic and the same principles you claim define the server while claiming to listen to the players' sentiments yet the recent actions show the exact opposite. You don't have to answer here, but be aware that it speaks volumes.

You can care or can not. You can listen or you can ignore. You can admit that the non-classic rules favor a particular class of people (and haven't ever deterred these people from doing what they aren't supposed to be doing) or you can ignore it. You can say that there are changes coming to the server or you can enact changes in the complete opposite direction. But for the love of god, can we get some clarity here?
Last edited by Skope; 05-23-2013 at 08:39 AM..
Old 05-23-2013, 08:43 AM
Fire Giant

This thread is a real downer.
Old 05-23-2013, 09:03 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadwen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This thread is a real downer.
The real downer is that a player has to post something like this for them to get it. That's the state of raiding, though. The GMs/staff bitching about the behavior of the players while pandering and bending over backwards to maintain that same douchebag behavior.

But maybe changing the behavior of all the NPCs in the game to maintain a non-classic mechanic that doesn't work and adding another variance on top of it was to the benefit of everyone on the server. Sure, the players said the exact opposite, but what the fuck do they know?
Old 05-23-2013, 09:49 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skope [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The real downer is that a player has to post something like this for them to get it. That's the state of raiding, though. The GMs/staff bitching about the behavior of the players while pandering and bending over backwards to maintain that same douchebag behavior.

But maybe changing the behavior of all the NPCs in the game to maintain a non-classic mechanic that doesn't work and adding another variance on top of it was to the benefit of everyone on the server. Sure, the players said the exact opposite, but what the fuck do they know?
The fact that Rants and Flames even exists should tell you all you need to know about the desire here to bring any kind of change to the raid scene.
Old 05-23-2013, 10:52 AM
Planar Protector

Rotations are fucking stupid. I was against rotations even when the lack thereof prevented me from killing a single raid mob.
Old 05-23-2013, 11:04 AM
Planar Protector

As much as people hate instancing, this is the exact reasoning behind. People still have to put in their work killing the mobs in instanced zones but it gives everyone a chance at atleast attempting it to see if they are capable of doing the content. I bet more guilds would be capable of killing trak if they could take 45 mins-1hour to actually setup instead of having to try and rush to him and beat out other guilds. Not wanting rotations is a completely selfish approach to game. If guilds are capable of taking out mobs why shouldnt they get a chance without having to wakeup at 6am on a workday or saturday afternoon when they are suppose to do things with their family.
Old 05-23-2013, 11:07 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thulack [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As much as people hate instancing, this is the exact reasoning behind. People still have to put in their work killing the mobs in instanced zones but it gives everyone a chance at atleast attempting it to see if they are capable of doing the content. I bet more guilds would be capable of killing trak if they could take 45 mins-1hour to actually setup instead of having to try and rush to him and beat out other guilds. Not wanting rotations is a completely selfish approach to game. If guilds are capable of taking out mobs why shouldnt they get a chance without having to wakeup at 6am on a workday or saturday afternoon when they are suppose to do things with their family.
When competing for mobs in EQ is the most exciting part of your life, you'll understand.
Old 05-23-2013, 11:09 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadwen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
When competing for mobs in EQ is the most exciting part of your life, you'll understand.
True. I forgot there are people that still get boners playing a 14 year old game.