Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

View Poll Results: Do you live in one of America's inner cities?
Yes, I live in a but I got inner city 41 18.55%
Yes, I live in a crime infested inner city 35 15.84%
Yes, I live in a burning crime infested inner city 33 14.93%
Bush burned the crime infested towers 153 69.23%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 221. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 03-15-2019, 05:03 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by d3r14k [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Dino, what is happening to you?

PM me if you want me to send you some soothing memes.
lol 😂
Old 03-15-2019, 05:16 PM
Fire Giant

This is like the fourth time Wonkie has made me visit Dictionary.com

Are these words in your vocabulary, dude? Or are you fishing for a neat word to use for the day like Peewee Herman?
Old 03-15-2019, 05:18 PM
Fire Giant

*frantically Googles "Chapo Trap House"*
Old 03-15-2019, 05:19 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by d3r14k [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is like the fourth time Wonkie has made me visit Dictionary.com

Are these words in your vocabulary, dude? Or are you fishing for a neat word to use for the day like Peewee Herman?
i dont understand the question
Old 03-15-2019, 05:22 PM
Fire Giant

Melon is correct. I was just lamenting in my own way that you're probably smarter than me.
Old 03-15-2019, 05:23 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by America [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's cringey as fuck that you can't manage some humility even in the face of this horror.
I hope I don't seem unsympathetic by categorically dismissing the notion that memes, doom, or tacos are the cause of a horrific event such as this. When these mass shooting events happen, I think of the combination of events that had to happen before someone is able to carry something like this out. Did they have an untreated mental illness? Were they abused (verbally or physically)? Deceived? Did socioeconomic factors play a part? Lack of nurturing? There was some pathological reason(s) for this event.

This guy didn't just masturbate to 4chan every day and then write a manifesto / decide he was going to carry out a mass murder. He was broken in some other way. This was just the style he chose.

But didn't realize that this is more like... P99's 4chan or something.

except instead of random anons its a shark attack of a small clique that posts here all the time. so he's doubly fucked.
Old 03-15-2019, 05:25 PM
Banned

Quote:
Melon is correct. I was just lamenting in my own way that you're probably smarter than me.
im not that smart i just have the best words.
Old 03-15-2019, 05:27 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonkie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
im not that smart i just have the best words.
*raises an eyebrow*

....you do have some pretty damn good words, which is saying something considering you use words so sparingly.
Old 03-15-2019, 05:37 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mead [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I hope I don't seem unsympathetic by categorically dismissing the notion that memes, doom, or tacos are the cause of a horrific event such as this. When these mass shooting events happen, I think of the combination of events that had to happen before someone is able to carry something like this out. Did they have an untreated mental illness? Were they abused (verbally or physically)? Deceived? Did socioeconomic factors play a part? Lack of nurturing? There was some pathological reason(s) for this event.

This guy didn't just masturbate to 4chan every day and then write a manifesto / decide he was going to carry out a mass murder. He was broken in some other way. This was just the style he chose.
it's not about memes exactly. there really is a cult surrounding this stuff. I guess I have more of an insider's perspective on the /pol/ social orbit than the average person.

/pol/ funnymemes draw fodder to a decentralized "organization" of truebeliever WNs which does indeed exist. at least one of these dudes (there are 2 confirmed) were visible and known in the /pol/ social sphere. Yes, they both were damaged people. But yes, also, did a circumstance of frothing peer approval for violence against perceived enemies play a part in what happened in NZ yesterday. Cults are a real thing.

Don't contribute to the /pol/overse. It's gross behavior. Just like filling the world with "ironic" pro-scientology memes that caused vulnerable people to be led astray into that organization would be. That is all I am saying.

I don't think you are an especially callous or bad person or anything.
Last edited by America; 03-15-2019 at 05:42 PM..
Old 03-15-2019, 05:38 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DinoTriz2 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Never apologize for who you are.

Even if the world is screaming that you're a monster.

Let them hate you for your skin colour.

Let them hate you for your gender.

Plant your feet and stand your ground.

We're living in the plot of Zootopia but exchange the second class predator citizens with straight white males.

You will not beat me.
don't see what your race/gender/orientation have to do with condemning a mass shooter and acknowledging some nuance. not really caught up on thread, but saying memes played a role isn't the same as saying MEMES MADE HIM DO IT. then we can then move on to the question of whether we should dispose of the medium or not. i think that it is like the gun question. just behave responsibly.
Last edited by maskedmelon; 03-15-2019 at 05:41 PM.. Reason: typoes
Closed Thread