Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-13-2016, 05:01 PM
Planar Protector

When you charm solo, you quite often don't have a pet up. Maybe it just died, or you "freed" it for some reason, for example to save it to break repops, or to let it regen and reuse, or because you need to invis to some other location. Or maybe you have 3 living mobs rooted and dotted and no undead in sight, so you have nothing to charm atm. Literally a ton of reasons why you would not have a charmed pet at some point.

Making a level 5 suicide pet 1) costs mana 2) costs bone chips 3) costs a spell slot and time switching spells (you don't exactly have unused spell slots when soloing, especially charm soloing). Eye has none of these issues.

Also you can't control a summoned skeleton pet as well as the eye (which you control like you would control yourself pretty much - open doors, swim, etc). Your level 5 summoned pet will need a target or at least a nearby mob's name to attack it. An eye doesn't need a target.

Uh.. let me see which of your points are still left undebunked.

Oh yeah, raid recovery. Eye is very handy to recover from a wipe, as a necro you get mana faster and are able to twitch people sooner. Your raid's overall recovery time is shorter.

<3
Old 07-13-2016, 05:02 PM
Planar Protector

Now don't get me wrong, a necro can very well get around without an eye. The eye is just a bonus in some situations, that's all.
Old 07-13-2016, 05:05 PM
Banned

I think Izmael is sitting on a cache of Holgresh Elder Beads and trying to perpetuating the idea that they are not almost completely worthless. Sorry to bust your game up bruh
Old 07-13-2016, 05:54 PM
Orc

Shissar Seance Staff + Holgresh Elder Beads are godly when soloing, at 60 many mobs destroy a pet but when im low on health or mana and not in the middle of a fight it lets me leave Demi Lich up always.
Last edited by Pretzel; 07-13-2016 at 06:16 PM..
Old 07-13-2016, 09:04 PM
Sarnak

As a necromancer, I've used eyes for some pretty interesting pulls. Could a monk have done them? Sure, but the monk couldn't have soloed the mob/mobs afterwards. Combined with Demi Lich, a VP staff, and the plethora of spells available to a necro, I've enjoyed some niche uses. Not to mention it's nice to have something to hammer off of, especially as a squishy caster.

Am I going to be the primary puller for a raid with or without beads? No, but it opens up some interesting things I can do solo or in groups.
Will I be more versatile and adaptable to different scenarios than without an unlimited amount of eye clicks available? Absolutely.

Monks will ultimately get a lot more use out of the eyes than I will, but that doesn't mean they're useless.. Unless you're just unimaginative.
Old 07-13-2016, 09:24 PM
Sarnak

Beads are very circumstantial as shown in all these posts. You can just buy stalking probes for these rare situations when they are actually useful. I sold mine on my necro as well because I rarely used it.

The only valid argument is using it with the lifetap staff from VP but good luck getting one of those.
Old 07-13-2016, 11:24 PM
Planar Protector

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4WOFURY [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
.. Unless you're just unimaginative.
This.

Nuggie / Celelilly / Zackattacker - not guilded <TAKP>
RETIRED Nuggiemag - <Sodden Seakings> formerly Ironborn

Nuggie - Undead Mage on Old Blanchy (Classic WoW)
RETIRED - Nuggie / Celelilly / Conavar - <Omni> formerly <Vesica Dei> P99
Duggie/Wuggie <Mythic Legends> EQ1-Lanys

On to the Future in Pantheon
Old 07-14-2016, 02:24 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faywind [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The only valid argument is using it with the lifetap staff from VP but good luck getting one of those.
The staff is great for it, but if you don't have it, you can Bond of Death (or similar) the eye for very good results as well. The spell recourse will stay on you after the eye is dead.
Old 07-14-2016, 03:22 AM
Fire Giant

I agree to a certain extent that the beads are good for necros there are times when its not good esp in raids lots of people dont like the necros using the eyes because it draws aggro to the clerics and necros which is not good. but however I love how you can hammer off the eye and lifetap it.

Zekay 60 Torpor Shaman - <Guild>
Old 07-14-2016, 03:25 AM
Fire Giant

Theres been other times where the necro was too close to the wall and the eye went through the wall and pulled aggro that way so its good and bad.

Zekay 60 Torpor Shaman - <Guild>
Closed Thread