Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 11-13-2014, 04:27 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by jolanar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well after all that work I ended up accidentally selling the staff to a vendor and the GMs won't return it.

Guess this game isn't for me after all. Thanks everyone for the advice, don't think I'll be logging back on though.
Wow, talk about a bad way to start. Been there done that. Wait till you drop 2 bags of uber stuff on the ground to transfer to a alt and the server goes down. Done that twice over the years on here. Talk about wanting to QUIT lol. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

This game and server is hard as hell and that is what makes it a challenge and for the most part fun to play. Man against the Machine thingy. Hope you come back. Playing a easy game, WoW comes to mind, is really not that rewarding as here. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-13-2014, 11:16 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by webrunner5 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wow, talk about a bad way to start. Been there done that. Wait till you drop 2 bags of uber stuff on the ground to transfer to a alt and the server goes down. Done that twice over the years on here. Talk about wanting to QUIT lol. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

This game and server is hard as hell and that is what makes it a challenge and for the most part fun to play. Man against the Machine thingy. Hope you come back. Playing a easy game, WoW comes to mind, is really not that rewarding as here. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
For what it's worth the GM was very nice about it and gave me a nice little pep talk. Still, it really took the wind out of my sails.

I might take this opportunity to re-roll now that I'm back to having nothing again. We'll see.
Old 11-14-2014, 11:25 AM
Banned

I just started on P99 as a monk probably 3 weeks ago. I started in Qeynos as well! No twinking, no friends, no money, completely fresh start.

Iskar may be better down the road, but when you have no cash and no friends, leveling more quickly definately has its appeal. Plus when your getting back into the game, being an agnostic monk is nice because you can go almost anywhere (OverThere for example). I dinged level 30 last night in HHK, and i dont think I have solo'd more than a handful of mobs, you can always find groups and then the Iskar bonus disapears.

Dont worry about your gear to much - use your fists if you have to - you need levels or you wont get anywhere.

Here is my advise on leveling a monk when brand new to the server.
Qeynos/Black Burrow (1-12) - Dont turn in ANY gnoll fangs untill AFTER lvl 11, and youll reach 13-14 no problem just from fang turn ins.
Oasis (12-18/19) Orc camp and crocs - always lots of people
Highpass (18/19-22) Orcs - Sell the Orc scalps for 10pp - The Shiny Brass Idol sells for 500p, the bag sells for 200p. I made 1.5k in PP from this place. You can finance your entire operation off one Idol drop.
MistMoore (22-25) Pond is good XP but crowded - Guk is close to Oasis
UpperGuk (22-25) get MESH armor from the Frogs, its very good and free.
HighKeep (25-31) Sell the Goblin Ears for 30-35pp each, good money to be made here. I have what i would consider above average "starter" gear from following this path.

Following this route it took me only a couple of weeks and I have almost 4kPP, and a pretty good set up on gear.

The 55hp rings are the best investment there is. After that buy Wu Trance Stick 2x, Wu Quivering Staff, and then start saving 9k for FBSS.

I made a trip over to Lake of Ill Omen and WarSlik woods somewhere between 20-25 because I hate Guk. Good XP over there also. Plus I got Iskar Scaled Gloves and a Lumber Jack helm from WW.

Ohhhhhhh - And the good think about WW is that Dalnir is right next to it and there is a chance to catch a high lvl doing a Cresent Armor run!!! Enjoy
Old 11-14-2014, 11:28 AM
Banned

I will give you one of my Wu Staffs - Message Tekilya in game
Old 11-14-2014, 03:33 PM
Aviak

nice list Spyder. I will have to follow that on my Iksar. Right now he is level 8 and I have tons of bone chips and spidering silk to go sell so I can pickup a couple trance sticks.

There is crypt in Field of Bone where tons of spiderlings spawn. Good xp and silk drops.

~Vleske, 8 Monk
Old 11-15-2014, 01:56 AM
Kobold

Is there somewhere in Kunark where people buy and sell? Or would I have to get a port to buy gear in EC? Because I haven't seen anyone selling in and around Cabilis thus far.

I'm level 6 at the moment and so far all I have at the moment is curscale armor and the quest shackle. Are there any cheap 1hb or 2hb weapons obtainable to at least train with while I save up for Wu's trance stick and Wu's Quivering staff? So far I've been using the starter club and my fists to train, and haven't found a 2hb to train with.
Old 11-15-2014, 02:44 AM
Planar Protector

Welcome to the server. Quickest route to xping up would be to get a port to WC, and bind in wfp. Free buffs in ec; sometimes folks give away free items too.

Oasis 12-18ish.
Old 11-15-2014, 04:03 AM
Kobold

Meh. I kind of wanted to stay in Kunark. I'll think about it, but for now I'll just see if I can find a crappy 2hander to train with for now and keep leveling for a bit.

There any good places to get money in Kunark at least?
Last edited by HedleyKow; 11-15-2014 at 04:06 AM..
Old 11-15-2014, 05:32 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by HedleyKow [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Meh. I kind of wanted to stay in Kunark. I'll think about it, but for now I'll just see if I can find a crappy 2hander to train with for now and keep leveling for a bit.

There any good places to get money in Kunark at least?
You are going to have to be a lot higher to get any gear to amount to anything at level 6. I started out in EC doing HQ Bear hides and Bone chips, and Spiderlings Silk and worked my way up from there. You have to have decent weapons to kill stuff and that cost plat. No plat to be made in FoB that I can think of. Can only sell so many Bones. Kurns Tower if you get Lucky as hell on a few random rolls you might make some plat.

You have to get higher level wise to get anything worth having. And even then not easy. That is why having 4 alts or more, and jumping in between them, never ends well.

The higher you get the better the gear is that drops. So stick to one class, level it up to 30ish at least so you can loot some stuff to have or sell. Pretty much only way it is going to happen. Even if you start a Druid you HAVE to be level 26 or more to port. Same as Wizard. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-15-2014, 10:16 AM
Kobold

If I did move to Freeport area, where can iksars sell stuff and use the bank? Would it require grinding faction before even being able to use the bank?

Sorry, not very familiar with iksars.
Closed Thread