Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 11-15-2016, 02:21 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by maskedmelon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ok, after many moments of careful consideration, I have settled on the octopus. My spirit aminal is the octopus. It is what teaches me and guides my way in life. The octopus embodies every thing that I value in life. It is sleek (to others, we are no more than a pile of experiences on top of a first impression. Looking good is important) and secretive (a key trait of a skeptical mind), flexible (in body) and adaptable (in mind), as well as voracious (a hunger for truth) and loyal (caring about those close). And it has eight (8) tentacles. It is highly intelligent and equally erotic.

May that we all strive to be more like the octopus or be so lucky as to have it
for our teacher.
keep going im not so quick to buss
Old 11-15-2016, 02:32 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daywolf [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
For realz?

.... human [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I do like wolves though. ...and birds.
Animals are like NPC's. I believe humans are very unique in this universe.
For realz.

I get on well with wolves. I've met quite a few and they take to me pretty quick, but my answer remains the cream of the crop.

I don't think humans are terribly unique in the universe. Chimps for instance are almost genetically identical to humans, and statistically there's at least one other intelligent (by our definition) biped life form out there in the universe. Realistically, there's probably a planet out there with life on it identical to humans

Quote:
Originally Posted by rollin5k View Post
Here is the secret to success in EverQuest

Lower your expectations and increase your play time
Old 11-15-2016, 02:50 PM
Banned

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angushjalmur [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sounds like we're kindred spirits. Are you a pagan too?
I am Immaculate_Pagan
Old 11-15-2016, 02:53 PM
Banned

i watch every varg vikernes video blog
Old 11-15-2016, 03:02 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyder73 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I am Immaculate_Pagan
eyyyy
Quote:
Originally Posted by big_ole_jpn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i watch every varg vikernes video blog
Quiz time.

What's a berserker, and what's the real reason behind the obesity problem?

Quote:

Old 11-15-2016, 03:31 PM
Banned

A lazy, overfed housecat. That's my dream.
Old 11-15-2016, 04:07 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angushjalmur [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
For realz.

I get on well with wolves. I've met quite a few and they take to me pretty quick, but my answer remains the cream of the crop.

I don't think humans are terribly unique in the universe. Chimps for instance are almost genetically identical to humans, and statistically there's at least one other intelligent (by our definition) biped life form out there in the universe. Realistically, there's probably a planet out there with life on it identical to humans
They make it a point to say a small difference in the genome, but that small difference is pretty huge actually. Just like the motor in your car is a small percentage to the rest of the car, but defines what that thing on wheels pretty much is. Leave that out and it's just a carriage w/o a horse, and not a very good one at that.

In fact, the difference from 0 to 100% is even more huge, in comparison to just 0. More and more scientists, mathematicians and physicists are realizing... life is impossible haha. At least impossible in the way we have mutilated the understanding of it in recent centuries. For Science!

Thought we were talking spirit anyway [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Everything on this planet is of this planet and survives on this planet in it's environment. But that's not spirit. Spirit has it's own environment, and we don't see it or taste it or hear it or feel it, it's bigger than our environment, and it's out of our reach to understand from our perspective because we can only sense our own environment as our bodies are of this environment. ....whatever that may be, it may just be 0's and 1's in a digital universe.

But then our uniqueness, because we can sense it. But it's more like a voice just outside our range of hearing. If we can not hear it, but sense it in that way, then what are animals? What is the point of spirit in a being (in and of this environment) if the being has no capacity to rationalize the spirit? I mean if it can't reason or seek to understand, it can't grow. Just like a seedling, if it gets no water it just remains a seedling until it decomposes.

With the obvious complexity of "physical" life as we understand it (or beginning to), some would say so complex it's impossible, how much more complex the spirit and it's world or environment? And how much similarity between the physical and spiritual? What is here requires nutrient to grow, to survive. Symmetry would point to the same for the spirit. Because if life is in the physical and life in the spiritual, then they must share some similarities if to coexist in a being that can comprehend and grow.

So humans become unique in this, in that we can begin to comprehend not only the physicality of our environment such as the animals do, but we can grasp the spiritual reality, rationalize it to the point where we can grow and be more than a horse and carriage, or a seedling that turns to dust without water, soil and warmth. Because as substance is to the physical life, substance is to the spiritual. And that takes some understanding to consume and grow. Otherwise it's like trying to put a car motor onto a building, it's useless, and so just isn't done.

But for alien life as you see it, not my view. Chaos is destructive, it produces nothing. There must be order for existence to become. There may have been order at one point, but now we have chaos, and it destroys, at least in the physical. I only see things dying, nothing rising from chaos. only extinction as everything dies away.

tl;dr? Right, I'd make a horrible Shaman class hehe. In this mmo of first-life, we have PC's and we have NPC's. All humans are at the capacity of PC's, animals are NPC/MOBS for loots and exp! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-15-2016, 04:12 PM
Banned

Quote:
eyyyy

Quiz time.

What's a berserker, and what's the real reason behind the obesity problem?
Berserker’s are drug addled uneducated warriors who would load up on heroin and meth before charging into battle like they were invincible – I am sure it was actually quite terrifying to witness. The Indians of America would do this also. Most humans throughout history have actually been loaded up on something...emotional crutches for reality are nothing new.

Obesity is best described by Fat Bastard in Austin Powers – “I eat because I’m unhappy and I’m unhappy because I’m fat”
Old 11-15-2016, 05:25 PM
Fire Giant

You must further study the teachings of varg, brother. The answers shall be revealed in time

Quote:

Old 11-15-2016, 05:28 PM
Planar Protector

Cool topic this. Spyder you made me laugh with your first post. I enjoyed reading about your octopus Maskedmelon, you must be a sound person, being a fan of the anime/manga of yore I did get some images in my head tho [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Daywolf TLDR sorry but I guess something about wolves

Unsure of the the spirit animal concept, but theres certainly a co-existence and co-dependence between humans and the creatures. One of my grandpas was a sheep farmer, the other was a west-ice seal hunter, so naturally I consider sheep and seal as great resources. Being an Aries I admire the Ram and have most often likened myself to it when in a conversation like this. I am carefree and goodmooded most of the time, but verociously furious comes the situation, but never violent because I stay off the liqour. I love being free more than anything, but I am convicted to my friends and family, having a hard time to leave their side, only to regain energy and recollect my thoughts/reflect upon things I need to withdraw to my "cave". I can be found to be dominant and arrogant and selfabsorbed. Yeah I guess the Ram fits me well. My main motto is "the truth is up there" but I am not being led by Skinner. hehe I made it tldr.
Closed Thread