Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 03-26-2011, 12:55 AM
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

So was it that too many low levels got the items or that high levels got the items because they were powerlevelling low levels to get the items? Which is it? Make up your mind. Sounds to me like you're all just looking for something to bitch about when things don't go how you want them.

Project 1999 Setup Guide
Old 03-26-2011, 01:03 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So was it that too many low levels got the items or that high levels got the items because they were powerlevelling low levels to get the items? Which is it? Make up your mind. Sounds to me like you're all just looking for something to bitch about when things don't go how you want them.
all of the above of course. It's just pointless bitching, because shits going to happen in every way possible.

Seriously, every time I see a fucking thread like this OH MYGOD THEY HAD 14 PEOPLE ITS OUR MOB LOL OURS OURS OURS YESSS I just want to fucking deathtouch the entire guild and despawn the mob.
Old 03-26-2011, 01:16 AM
Kobold

I'll make it very clear. It appears to me that the vast majority of the drops are going to players under level 10. This on its own is not a problem whatsoever.

But then you dig a little deeper. Why are there so many low levels today instead of every other day? If they were all iksars, I could completely understand. But they are not. They are from all different races, actually fewer iksars than I thought there would be.

So you have 2 options: 1) There are just a TON of brand spanking new players, who happen to receive some nice buffs or gear and just happen to get the vast majority of the rares. 2) people are making low level alts and twinking/buffing the shit out of them. Then having those toons slaughter low level mobs faster than anyone over level 10 could possibly match. So by the sheer math, they are reaping the benefits.

Option 1 is not a problem. But let's be honest, how many BRAND NEW players are there tonite? Some assuredly, but not enough to be producing these results. Most of the drops are going to toons specifically created to get these rare items.

This is a problem in my opinion, because i thought the entire idea of making the loot tied to xp was to make the loot more evenly distributed among all level ranges in the normal course of playing the game. Because it would be a massive train fest if only certain mobs dropped the loot, and because lower levels would be shut out by the higher levels camping said mobs. So what is happening goes against what I thought the reasons were for this random loot.

If your reasoning for doing this was to stop everyone from flooding the kunark zones the first night, then mission succeeded because a decent chunk of the 50s have spent the first night on very low levels instead of going to Kunark.

Again, it is only my opinion that things are messed up, and I have no problems stating that for what it is.
Old 03-26-2011, 01:18 AM
Banned

Did anyone else notice that the drops since this little bitchfest started?

Coincidence?
Old 03-26-2011, 01:19 AM
Banned

good idea, great intentions, flawed in the end

but, frankly, if the only item i wanted wasn't no drop, i'd be on a lvl 4
cranking away also.
Old 03-26-2011, 01:19 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Quoted for truth
Old 03-26-2011, 01:22 AM
Fire Giant

There have been a large quantity of 50's and 51's playing.

But yes, there are people who made level 1's just for the purpose of getting loot. But, no matter what we do, something will happen.

The fact that our usual population of around 500 basically trippled tonight is spectacular. Focus on a growing community rather than not getting a piece of loot =/
Old 03-26-2011, 01:24 AM
Aviak

^^^

Certainly seems to be the appearance of the situation to me. While in the grand scheme of things it doesn't really affect anyone, it doesn't seem to be in the spirit of the event either. But no, I guess it's just bitching for bitching's sake.
Old 03-26-2011, 01:44 AM
Fire Giant

I just don't get it. These items were all removed for a reason. Some are incredibly powerful. Others are novelty and are rare. Instead of there being single digits of some of these items, there are now half a dozen or more noobs running around with them. These items no longer have the value or novelty they once had. Having these items is no longer a symbol of how long you've been here or how much time you put in trying to better yourself. It's a joke now. People who missed out on the items originally on live didn't have a chance to go back and get them. I don't see why they should be handed the items here. Obviously this is not my server and I'll still respect what the GM's do , but this just doesn't seem right at all.

/rant off

Thanks for all the work on Kunark. I may not agree with the serverwide randoms but I appreciate all the work you guys do to allow us to play here. Its your sandbox and you can do what you'd like.
Old 03-26-2011, 01:44 AM
Banned

Did any manastones drop? I was watching for those and saw none.
Closed Thread