Go Back   Project 1999 > Important > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old 10-04-2011, 07:06 PM
Banned

AMEN
Old 10-05-2011, 10:49 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximum [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Flying Kick has been ultra-nerfed.
The best damage I had from Flying kick last night was 14 with a 55 monk.

Saturday, I know I was hitting in the 40's, but never looked at the range for a high or lows.

Flying kick at 55, should have a minimum damage in the 30-50 range I'm pretty sure...but it is so hard to recall all of the nerf and unnerfing on live, but I never remember something like this being whined about by our guild leader...an avid monk.

Only resource I can find is http://www.monkly-business.net/index...geid=abilities but I know that is much later in the game timeline, however, if Flying kick is only going to hit for Kick damage, then there is no point in using it. Have not compared the rest of the skills to see if they too have been nerfed since I could only log in for a couple hours and have to shuffle characters around (freaking boats are torture...) before I did a test of various level 10 to 30 mobs.

I did find on the Sony forum that FK was nerfed in 2007 when monks got Wheel of Fists. Still looking...if others see FK dmg decreased, it would be nice to have more people backing this up on a bug report.
http://forums.station.sony.com/eq/po...ost_id=2077471
Last edited by bonehand; 10-05-2011 at 11:00 AM..
Old 10-05-2011, 11:00 PM
Sarnak

48 Mage can barely kill 2 light blues in a row with Focused pet and hasted.. Something definitely changed there!!
Old 10-06-2011, 09:38 AM
Aviak

Update to my previous post: Last night I was consistently hitting for 56 with Flying Kick...I think 34 might have been my low and 81 or 91 was my high. Seems to match saturday's damage, if not best it.

So, whatever made damage go back up, I thank it.
Old 10-11-2011, 09:05 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

I just got P99 installed on a new 64-bit Windows 7 machine about a week ago. For some reason I am not able to download these latest patches. Keeps saying "eqchangesv17.zip couldn't be downloaded." everytime I click retry. Anyone got any head-slaping advice that might resolve this issue?
Old 10-11-2011, 04:49 PM
Orc

I know it is not a true solution, but if you have access to another computer maybe download it there and just transfer it. The link appears to be working from here.
Old 10-12-2011, 07:15 AM
Sarnak

Allwill, make sure that whatever virus scanner you may have installed isn't refusing to save the file at all as it may be tripping over Rogean's new DLL file. This is reasonable behaviour for a virus scanner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gratis View Post
Or you people could quit being children and stop treating minor issues as major infractions. There are tons of petitions coming in for reasons that can actually be resolved quickly and don't culminate in a message board brawl by a bunch of adults acting like brats.
Old 10-12-2011, 07:27 AM
Aviak

Firewall too if you have something other than Windows firewall running, disable it and virus scan and you should be able to download...of course, if it is work, then that is another matter. My job's firewall let me download Rogeans hacked dsetup, but will it let me download Java 7 SDK for 64bit? Hell no! Or an Orielly book from safari online? Oh no...those must be hacks! It'll get to 90+% before it will die without warning, just like software antivirus and firewalls....

Someone could re-zip and email it to you....using 7zip or something that email won't be able to scan as easily, but that is a whole nother level of risk you might not want.

Good luck!
Old 10-12-2011, 03:45 PM
Kobold

still crashing while zoning. while this doesnt happen ALL the time, it happens 75% of it. any zone, no specific ones
Old 10-13-2011, 05:39 PM
Decaying Skeleton

I have not in the past had issues with crashes while zoning untill the V17 fix. I now crash while logging into the server and zoning into the following zones SK, NK, WC. This happens close to 90% of the time.
Running Vista.
Closed Thread