Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-30-2013, 12:13 AM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by ymw [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You incorrectly assumed I was "raging" or that I had "arguments".

I simply stated that I like the rule and offered a reason or two why. To step back a page and reiterate, they don't answer to me whatsoever, so arguing would be useless. Share your opinion, stop getting angry when people share theirs, and let the people that actually get to make the decision weigh both opinions with theirs.

Given that has already happened and the rule still stands that no boxing is allowed, I guess it's just going to have to be what it is. As also mentioned above, give the other emulators or even EQMac a shot if it's that important to you.
Sorry this is just to easy to point out that A.) I don't think you realize what an argument truly is. For example, when you stated: "You Incorrectly assumed I was "raging" or that I had "arguments". For this is exactly what an argument is, take some college logic courses there bud. B.) I have said (Several Times) that I've no interest in the other emulators, your repetition of this statement is very redundant and frankly, stale and especially since I have already said, in effect: I understand this will not change. I am having fun on the server. I do not agree with you, your idiotic fantasy theory's of what boxing alts is, means, does to a server, etc..., I'm not interested in EWMac as I obviously know what the other emu servers are friend. I had left this alone, but feel free to make yourself look like an idiot all you wish as everything you've said in this post has been either said, or I have gone over in my last post. Furthermore, the "raging" was referring to lawall and his comedy relief at his own expense. Alas, as I have already specifically stated in a previous post, If it were that important to me I would indeed go somewhere where I could box. Have i done so? no. As i said im done, i said what i thought now quit trolling
Old 03-30-2013, 02:01 AM
Kobold

Cool pal, thanks for clearing it all up for me.
Old 03-30-2013, 10:44 AM
Planar Protector

To summarize the last couple of pages: 2-boxing still not allowed, don't get banned trying to be clever with IP exemptions <3
Old 04-01-2013, 01:48 PM
Large Bat

I've just been grouping and soloing in my downtime on my monk, which isnt all that hard, just boring. Frankly 2 boxing is a bit boring as well, I do like grouping, the comunity on this server is awesome. Also there's no way i would risk that stupid shit just to box an alt =X
Old 04-02-2013, 07:05 PM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by shooteneq1 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
a 6 man team beeing boxed would be pretty damn easy to identify.

However, back in my serious gaming days, before i met my wife, my friends and i would often have anywhere from 4-15 people at our house at a time gaming off the same ip. its not common but it would kind of suck if you had legit friends who all played and you were forced to play something else instead because of a 2 per ip rule.
I ran a clan for 3 or so years back in high school/college that had 22+ people regularly playing together. I'm pretty sure our net connection would have been crushed at those levels, but that sort of activity does happen. We later got involved in things like http://massivelan.com/ and other stuff around the WNY area. It sounds silly but it happens! Even post Steam and all the social crap.
Old 04-22-2013, 08:36 PM
Large Rat

If you have a Smart phone you could tether your wifes computer to get that second IP, if i can do it in the middle of the Alaskan wilderness on a 1x network, i am sure you will be fine on a 3G or 4G
Quote:
Originally Posted by churchill [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah did everything by the book, but no views and no replies.

That being said, whilst two-boxing is the big bad, I've noticed as I start grinding my way that zones like WC/EC just have twinks grouped up with a guildie powerlevelling them. I don't see how this 'defeats' two-boxing at all. The same behaviour is still taking place, I just don't have my wife to group with so its an adventure of soloing.

Sure there are some legit groups, but I think now I'm in the teens its becoming about the stage the powerlevel phenomenon kicks in.

Pretty lame.

At least I will finally be able to buy some decent gear soon to make it less crappy, but geez it would be nice if we could duo.
Corpemen
17 Cleric
Old 04-22-2013, 08:47 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mxsilverhammer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[FONT="Century Gothic"]If you have a Smart phone you could tether your wifes computer to get that second IP...
Betting a good deal of plat that you're still catchable [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-22-2013, 09:13 PM
Large Rat

I imagine you could be caught, it would be about observation, a judgment call, but we are not talking about two boxing, he is on a waiting list (or was) for 4 weeks, I am just suggesting an alternative to IP Exemption for the purpose of Legitimate Home play with real people. I believe he just wanted to play with the wife at the same time which is ok, so nothing really to get caught doing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Betting a good deal of plat that you're still catchable [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Corpemen
17 Cleric
Old 04-22-2013, 09:20 PM
Planar Protector

Same issue again though...why get caught and get your account banned for the sake of the inability to wait for the IP exemption? Where are you pulling 4 weeks from?

Try and beat the system if you like, but good things come to those who wait. If I see some suspect boxing going on (as in 1 person playing 2 characters) its going to the judges, and there's many more who do the same.
Old 04-22-2013, 11:33 PM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Same issue again though...why get caught and get your account banned for the sake of the inability to wait for the IP exemption?
Why would you get your account banned if your not two boxing?

Or

Are you saying that two people that play under the same roof, under two seperate accounts, with two seperate computers is a banable offense without an IP exemption?

Corpemen
17 Cleric
Closed Thread