Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 04-01-2016, 02:11 AM
Banned

Location: ✿Kohai in the Streets, Senpai in the Sheets❤( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Send a message via ICQ to Xaanka Send a message via AIM to Xaanka Send a message via Yahoo to Xaanka

glad u made it all the way to lvl 60 before you realized that you're not playing warcraft this game isn't designed to cater to casual players
Old 04-01-2016, 03:13 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by thufir [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Because much of EverQuest is the journey, not the destination. The end game was never awesome and is even less awesome on this server than Live. I am of the opinion that end games for mmos are generally not awesome, which is why it makes me sad so many of them have the mindset of "get to the level cap and now the REAL game will begin" (which is usually dull).

The meat of this game during this era was always in the exploration of new areas, bringing your group to dark corners of Norrath, killing mobs that few people ever saw. You can still do that on p99. To me that's the reason to play. No matter what anyone says there's still things to do here that few people ever do, and things to see that few people ever see, even 17 years later. I know because I bring my static group to these areas and very few people are ever there, if anyone.. The population concentrates itself in a few zones, leaving a lot for others to see.

I've been playing for close to three years on p99 now, on and off, taking my time. It's a long trek to 60, and it can be quite enjoyable if you do it right. People who rush to 60 just so they can sit at the firepots in NToV and wait for the pull team to give them a dragon to kill confuse me. On one level I get it, people like having the best pixels, and this is one of the easier ways to get them. But that isn't me.

The point is that EverQuest is what you make of it. Don't worry if you are not planning on being a top end raider. There's tons to do even if you're not.
This is one of the best insights I have ever seen about P1999 and MMORPGs in general. It is indeed all about the journey. Savor it and enjoy it. Stop and smell the roses. Think about the good friends you'll meet along the way as you explore Norrath.

Don't fall sway to the siren song of the empty promises of the raiding culture and let the ultra-achievers dictate your pace and what you can and can't enjoy.

Look at all the acrimony these raiders are experiencing on these forums and in-game as they squabble over a few pixels. Why would anyone ever want to race to level 60 just to be unhappy?

Nobody wants to rush to age 60 in the real world, why then is everyone rushing to level 60 in EQ?
Old 04-01-2016, 04:03 AM
Planar Protector

It's better to be a lv 60 non-raiding casual with a sow sword than it is to be a lv 60 non-raiding casual without one. Besides that, it's better to not be lv 60. Or lv 60 on your alt or lv 60 on your alt's alt.
Old 04-01-2016, 10:55 AM
Aviak

Yep, you could be like that schnickasaurus guy and live in EC with 50 mil plat ripping people off and have no life except in a game where you makes lots of money. It's totally the way to be.
Old 04-01-2016, 11:04 AM
Planar Protector

I am angry about other people behaving as I do not.

I am fully aware such actions are perpetrated with the sincere intent of slighting me.

End this travesty of my well-founded preconceived notions of how the world ought to work!

ME!
Old 04-01-2016, 11:04 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewrush [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yep, you could be like that schnickasaurus guy and live in EC with 50 mil plat ripping people off and have no life except in a game where you makes lots of money. It's totally the way to be.
Not a fan of that guy at all - what did he overprice you on?

I like his attempts at giving "guild discounts" and when you look up the price he's offering it to them for, actually it's the going rate according to www.p99auctions.com
Old 04-01-2016, 02:28 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not a fan of that guy at all - what did he overprice you on?

I like his attempts at giving "guild discounts" and when you look up the price he's offering it to them for, actually it's the going rate according to www.p99auctions.com
Isn't that exactly what that weird lichx/brawlx guy does and when you disagree he goes off the handle and insults you like crazy?
Old 04-01-2016, 02:30 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerrp [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's not that bad - the FORUMS are the worst of p99. Players on p99 are generally good people (generally being an important caveat).
Forums are the best part of P99 you cuckhold b!tch. FIGHT ME IRL
Old 04-01-2016, 02:31 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecily [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's better to be a lv 60 non-raiding casual with a sow sword than it is to be a lv 60 non-raiding casual without one. Besides that, it's better to not be lv 60. Or lv 60 on your alt or lv 60 on your alt's alt.
level 54 is the sweet spot for red
Old 04-01-2016, 02:51 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyder73 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Forums are the best part of P99 you cuckhold b!tch. FIGHT ME IRL
You've used up your cuck forum allotment for this week. It will reset on Monday.
Originally Posted by Hollywood Hogan
The first thing you gotta' realize, brother, is this right here is the future of wrestling. You can call this the New World Order of Wrestling.
Closed Thread